Resource icon

Apps Racing Career Manager (For all Sims, not just AC) 0.2.1 - Used Car Store Added

Login or Register an account to download this content
dersirromet submitted a new resource:

Racing Career Manager (For all Sims, not just AC) - A moddable app to add a career mode to any combination of racing sims you like!

Racing-Career-Manager (v0.1)

For the actual App-Documentation, please look at the Link for the Software!

https://github.com/ifeelgitty/Racing-Career-Manager

As someone who has been playing racing simulators for nearly a decade now, something has always been missing: (A girlfriend?) A long-term motivation like it was found in the early Gran Turismo games, the feeling of buying and owning cars, racing for a reason, climbing through the stages of...

Read more about this resource...

My first comment in this forum because I like your idea so much. Keep it up! I hope I may add some sauce:

After over 6 months of getting into sim racing, I'm in my first-ever online season now (AC+SRS). What I find really motivating is the existence of a global ladder. It'd be great if you could implement something like that, with virtual drivers joining and leaving. Or, to push it even further, your project could add some roguelike elements by generating a new scenario (seasons and fellow drivers) for each "run".

My first comment in this forum because I like your idea so much. Keep it up! I hope I may add some sauce:

After over 6 months of getting into sim racing, I'm in my first-ever online season now (AC+SRS). What I find really motivating is the existence of a global ladder. It'd be great if you could implement something like that, with virtual drivers joining and leaving. Or, to push it even further, your project could add some roguelike elements by generating a new scenario (seasons and fellow drivers) for each "run".
Thank you!

Well, I've thought about how to implement opponent drivers as part of a ladder, to also have ongoing rivalries and coherent driver developments per year, with driver "growing up" and retiring at some point in their career and switching to other teams. The biggest problems are: 1. Implementing this for different Games, 2. If you instruct people to "implement" opponents themselves, not all games allow for naming opponents that easily
However, if I'm able to at some point create plugins for different games (and it'll be difficult to get the resources), I would definitely do something like that and extend this by also implementing Teammates, which you can sign up for a salary, depending on their strength.

I will, however, add randomized "story"-elements in some way and might get the "teammate"-thing going somehow.

Edit: First, I gotta finish the basic app anyway though :)

Great idea and great implementation so far :) I was actually working on something like this myself but I think you are doing a better job here. I do however think I might have some useful code lying around. I have some code that parses all cars and calculates an approximate value for them, even for mod cars. If that would be alright with you, I could modify it a bit to throw them in a CSV to use with your app. If you plan to implement something like this yourself, then I won't release mine of course.

Great idea and great implementation so far :) I was actually working on something like this myself but I think you are doing a better job here. I do however think I might have some useful code lying around. I have some code that parses all cars and calculates an approximate value for them, even for mod cars. If that would be alright with you, I could modify it a bit to throw them in a CSV to use with your app. If you plan to implement something like this yourself, then I won't release mine of course.

Sure, anything that helps! Youre of course also free to upload csv files as "addons" yourself :). However, I will change the csv structure a bit in the near future, so the structure that you see right now will be changed/extended (but the general principle stays identical!)

What game does it parse the cars from by the way?

Sure, anything that helps! Youre of course also free to upload csv files as "addons" yourself :). However, I will change the csv structure a bit in the near future, so the structure that you see right now will be changed/extended (but the general principle stays identical!)

What game does it parse the cars from by the way?

Cool, I will work on the necessary changes on my parser tomorrow then. I will try to keep the parser up to date with your changes. I can only parse cars for AC, but might look into RF2 soon.

Could not wait until tomorrow and decided to create the tool right now :)
Here is the link: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/car-parser-for-dersirromets-racing-career-manager.32150/
I hope it works and helps some people to set up their car list quickly.
By the way: Is the car type (OW,RL...) used anywhere? If so, what types are there and when are they important?
Had a short look at it, very very cool! Will try it out tomorrow!
The type will be used for categorizing vehicles and racing-series. While the info is not strictly necessary, it is certainly helpful. It might make sense to somehow code that in, but a strict conversion from the AC class to that will probably not be that easy.

I'll take a proper look at it tomorrow (if university allows for it, elsewise very soon!)

an interesting idea would maybe having damage affect value too. Like heavy damage, even if repaired, can still potentially reduce the value of a car.

Also adding race performance/results into the equation would also be interesting. A consistent contender/race winner would likely sell for higher than say a midpack/backmarker due to being of known pedigree.

dersirromet updated Racing Career Manager (For all Sims, not just AC) with a new update entry:

New Seasons can be Setup now!

Important: Savegames and Files from previous versions are not compatible with this!

Finally, you can setup new seasons, meaning that your app does not "stop" after season 1!

As part of this, from all the games that are represented in your files, you can pick and choose the ones you want to use for the season! Additionally, if, lets say, Formula 1 has been both implemented for AC and rFactor2, each season, you can pick which one you want to show up in your app!

Some other stuff has...

Read the rest of this update entry...

dersirromet updated Racing Career Manager (For all Sims, not just AC) with a new update entry:

Used Car Store added! (plus, small stuff)

Warning: In this update, changes have been made to the carstore-csv-files. They should be obvious from the files itself. Again, old savegames are not compatible with this!

- A Used Car Store has been added! Every 3 months, new cars arrive and old offers expire. Every car has its own likeliness of popping up and the price might fluctuate. This is your chance to pick up a cheap car, as long as still available!
- Game identification added to the car stores and garage. A list with...

Read the rest of this update entry...

But some cars in the store are in ACC or are in more than just one game. For example, the 911 RSR is in both RF2 and AC. Some cars are available as mods for some games too (The Dallara GP2/11 is actually the Race Sim Studio F2 for AC)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.7%