RaceRoom | WTCR 2020 Coming Soon - New Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios are set to release the 2020 WTCR car pack for RaceRoom Racing Experience, and ahead of launch day, the development team have started to tease their first preview images.
  • New models from Cupra and Renault.
  • All the teams, drivers, cars and liveries from WTCR 2020.
  • Expected to release in the next few days.
Continuing with the official licence to replicate the FIA WTCR championship - the top level touring car category in the world, Sector3 Studios have recently dropped some exciting looking preview images from their upcoming 2020 DLC pack release.

Although 2020 was another difficult year for the real world series, thanks in no small part to the worldwide health pandemic, the category did manage to deliver a full championship season, mostly on European soil, and also a few new cars and team / driver combinations made appearances during the year.

r3e wtcr 2.jpg

Keen to ensure the latest version of the category is represented within the simulation, Sector3 Studios have now added the latest Cupra model and the brand-new to RaceRoom Renault Mégane RS TCR - which honestly looks fabulous in what is, for me, the best class of car within RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Check out the new preview images below:

r3e wtcr header.jpg

r3e wtcr 4.jpg
r3e wtcr 5.jpg

Original Source; Sector 3 Studios.

RaceRoom Racing Experience fans rejoice! Join in the conversation and start a new thread today in the R3E sub forum right here at RaceDepartment !

r3e wtcr 3.jpg

Last edited:
I have also been playing R3E exclusively for a couple weeks. Wow, very happy the sim. I am running triple 1440p displays with an RTX 2070 and it runs and looks great with mid graphics settings. I even bit the bullet and purchased all the content. It found it took a bit longer to setup the triple screen and FFB, but once dialed in, great.

As mostly and offline racer, I love the AI and hotlap competitions.

I was in a Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car on the Green Hell the other day and could not believe how enjoyable it was just to run the car in practice along with the AI. I kept saying to myself, just 1 more lap. Before I knew it, an hour+ had gone by.

Prior to this post, I don't think I had even heard of WTCR. Cars look great and I am excited to take them for a drive.
For close racing they're one of the best classes out there. Well BoP'd yet each car retains it's own personality. FWD means they're not everyone's cup of tea, but it also means they're relatively "easy" to drive, though not necessarily easy to master. We've had great fun with them in the club over the last couple of years.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 91 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 127 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 81 17.0%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 10.1%
  • €3001-5000