Raceroom physics

Hi, wondering what people think of RRE car physics compared to other sims? Personally I feel they are quite good. To give a bit of my history, I've driven pro-karts for a couple of years in the 00's, at the 3 sisters outdoor track, although on hard durable rental slicks. A formula ford on semi slicks, on an experience day, and a mg zr160 on road tyres with a race car instructor.

I just feel a lot of sims are just too slidey. Whereas the cars in RRE are much more planted, which seems more realistic to me. Maybe its because I don't have enough experience of full on slicks IRL. Interested to know what someone with more experience on slicks thinks is the better feel in sims. I've seen quite a lot of comments from race drivers who say AC tyres feel about right?

Update, really impressed with the latest tire update. From my point of view RRE now has the most realistic TM of all the sims I have tried. The feeling u get through the FFB is great too, especially that rippling effect you get when the tire starts going over the limit. With the right car it now feels like your driving on real rubber tyres. Fantastic!

Its not perfect, not all the cars I have tried are good. The KTM X-Bow, for example, is still kinda weird. Track texture detail is still lacking and I think it models rear and four wheel drive cars better than those driven from the front, which I find a bit vague. And still sometimes, with rear wheel drive cars, spin on corner exit with no warning. But I think if u want something that drives like a real car this is the sim of choice.

I just hope the devs can update the graphics engine, add laser scanned tracks and expand the multiplayer. A tall order I know, but otherwise they are going to get left behind by the competition.

PS, and for god's sake change the overly tight track limits.

Last edited:
its always a good idea if we have a dig in this list ; its usually about right and does get updated pretty often ; as we can see after we hunt for the xbow ; it is still on an earlier version of its suspension etc ; so it will gte a tweak at some point

hope this helps

Andi

Yes it does help, thanks. Interesting to note that the xbow RR has a blank space for the suspension version, while nearly all others are on v3 or v4. I'll keep an eye on it in the future,

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.