Apps RaceEssentials [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be much more distinct in the next version, I noticed the same problem. Shouldn't be too long.

Maybe what R3E did with their UI might be a good idea :)
White color when under ideal rpm for gear shift;
Green color when in ideal rpm range for gear shift;
Red color when over-revving the engine;

hi have read the faq and says customizable parameters including scaling ok i wanted to put a little smaler but cant unsderstand the values at moment the scale=1 what number to use the be smaler i have tried 0.5 but is too small.
Tanks
carlos

hi have read the faq and says customizable parameters including scaling ok i wanted to put a little smaler but cant unsderstand the values at moment the scale=1 what number to use the be smaler i have tried 0.5 but is too small.
Tanks
carlos
Try something in between, like 0.7 or 0.8.

Is there somewhere I can go to delete a best lap? I managed to set a faster lap at Silverstone by pitting, and would like to clear it so I'm not comparing to that time as I continue practising.

Is there somewhere I can go to delete a best lap? I managed to set a faster lap at Silverstone by pitting, and would like to clear it so I'm not comparing to that time as I continue practising.
Yes, go to where your AC is installed, then to apps/python/RaceEssentials/personal_best folder, you need to find and delete 3 files, car_name_track_name_pb_.ini, car_name_track_name_pbposlist_.ini, car_name_track_name_pbtimelist_.ini.

Hi Topuz. Thanks for your fantastic app. It provides almost every needed information during the race. :cool:
One question. Is it possible to show not only if ABS or TCS is enabled/disabled, but also the current level of ABS and TCS? e.g. 3/12 or 5/8 etc.
Not possible, AC doesn't provide the info, sorry. :(

- Awesome new rpm lights! They now automatically show optimal shift points per car, check FAQ for more info
And another question.:redface: Is the logic behind the optimal shift point calculation different comparing to your Sidekick app? I'm asking because the shift light becomes red at different rpm in Sidekick and RaceEssentials. Sidekick recommends me to shift later.

And another question.:redface: Is the logic behind the optimal shift point calculation different comparing to your Sidekick app? I'm asking because the shift light becomes red at different rpm in Sidekick and RaceEssentials. Sidekick recommends me to shift later.
Sidekick can be considered as accurate as it gets, it has a new and improved shifting algorithm. This will come to RaceEssentials as well, can't promise how soon though because I want to get some other stuff done as well.

I think this was added in 1.4.3, but the shift light on the gear is now 2 stage and goes orange, then red.

The only thing I wish RE did have was a better tach as I think it deserves more GUI real estate than just a line the same as the boost gauge. I still use a seperate tach app, especially for those times when you can sit in a higher gear and torque your way through corners.

Great work! Can't live without it.

Well I was a bit annoyed by the orange rpm light, since it isn't very distinguishable from the red one for max revs. So, I decided to pick things in my own hand and changed the orange rgb values for the optimal rpm light in the RaceEssentials.py file with these

0.38, 1, 0.18, 1

and voilà, beautiful and nice green instead of orange, clear to see from both white (obviously) and red :)
do the same if you want, use ctrl+t to find all "orange" strings related and change the related rgb values (only for orange obviously)

Well I was a bit annoyed by the orange rpm light, since it isn't very distinguishable from the red one for max revs. So, I decided to pick things in my own hand and changed the orange rgb values for the optimal rpm light in the RaceEssentials.py file with these

0.38, 1, 0.18, 1

and voilà, beautiful and nice green instead of orange, clear to see from both white (obviously) and red :)
do the same if you want, use ctrl+t to find all "orange" strings related and change the related rgb values (only for orange obviously)

Perfect, just what I was after :)

I have an information to share with you guys regarding the current state and future of this app. Ever since I made Sidekick, honestly I lost interest for RaceEssentials a bit since I'm not actively using it any more. I tried to keep it updated because of other people who are using it, but it's very difficult and often boring to maintain and port features among two code-wise very similar apps. In a couple days my free time will get much shorter, so I made a decision to put this app "on ice". There probably won't be any new updates, but I'm keeping the app available for people who are pleased with it as-is. I realize the decision to freeze the more popular of the two apps may seem odd, but in order to keep this hobby interesting for myself as opposed to a chore, this is what I decided. Hopefully you understand my point and I'm incredibly grateful to all the people who downloaded, commented and rated this app.

I honestly appreciate your decision:thumbsup:, but i'm also a little bit sad about it.:cry: I wish that RaceEssentials had finally the optimal shift point calculation. That's the only feature i actually missing in RE. I have Sidekick running additionally only because of that.:redface:;)

This is really sad to read as i love re and how it has everything in one app.

I understand that you are only one person and have to manage your time. I would like to thank you for creating this and updating it to this point. We all appreciate your efforts.

Ill make the switch to sidekick and see how i go. It will be a case of assigning some of the toggles to the wheel for racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes