RaceDepartment Vintage Multiclass BoP Testing - Premium Members Welcome!

Hey everyone :)

As some of you are aware, Bobby, Jeremy and myself run a variety of events on Saturdays. We're looking to add another form of racing known as vintage multiclass. Basically, the same as our regular WEC events except using older cars.

The cars that we will be using (for now) are:

Prototype class:
GT class:
Track: Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans) (no chicane) (Download)

We're currently running a BoP test server where we will be monitoring and comparing lap times, top speeds, sector times etc. so if you have time and would like to help out, we would greatly appreciate it :)
We're listening to hear suggestions for more cars, particularly in the GT class as we seem a little limited. Please note that the cars must be within -/+ 3 seconds of each other and any cars which are outside this range will not be considered for BoP testing.

Not premium but maybe this is helpful to you. It is a shame stracker doesn't record restrictor % like it does ballast. The mod Lola was definitely running some restrictor but I think the other times are au naturel at 97% track grip.
http://91.121.155.150:55001/lapstat...la_t70_rf2_ford&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=

The Ferrari will struggle, it is better in the corners and on the brakes but it just doesn't have the straight line speed with its open top. The Ford is supreme on the straights and possibly the fastest and the 908 is a good all round package. If I remembered correctly and the Porsche and Ford are not running restrictor in the above lapstats and you want to balance the cars, I would probably start with something like 10-20% restrictor on those 2 cars to bring them in line with the Ferrari.

You should have a blast anyway, it is a great combo. Here are a few laps from when we did it:
Edit:
My guess for your GT class is that the straight line speed of the Cobra will be too much for the 911 but maybe the open top will allow the Porsche to reach a higher top speed and keep pace. Im not a fan of the 60's Cobra SC and 70's 911 mix but the options are rather limited for classic racing. The 33 Stradale and Cobra is a nice grid as both are 60's unicorn road cars but on normal tracks the Cobra often needs some % of restrictor. You could try adding the Alfa for your test.

Last edited:
We're listening to hear suggestions for more cars, particularly in the GT class as we seem a little limited. Please note that the cars must be within -/+ 3 seconds of each other and any cars which are outside this range will not be considered for BoP testing.

How about the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe and the Ferrari 250 GTO?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%