Racecraft online?

Metla

Premium
Anyone using this service and have much luck with it?

I joined earlier today and after logging in it would immeduialy log me out.

Rebooted PC and managed to login, But can't get any further. I click the practise button (have to run a few clean laps on a track before you can join a race) and it says prepping server, then a few minutes later I get an ooops, Lost connection with server, refresh the page.

I'm located in Aussie, Cable feed.

All good, I fired it up again and the practise server came through within just a few seconds.

I did find the validation link and click it again but I did follow that process initially.

I have had a few races. It reminded me of rookies in iRacing. There was a wide range of abilities and you had to maintain decent awareness to avoid getting hit, but it never felt like deliberate punting, more 'limit of ability'. The discord chat seems very friendly and positive.

I really hope it takes off and maybe gives Reiza a reason to focus on the MP updates we so desperately need for online racing.

Stay away from the AI @ Watkins Glen! I hardley ever race the AI, so it was a shock to get rammed repeatedly at the end of the straight by an insanely fast AMG GT4 that came from so far back, each lap. His car was mangled from all the contact/ crashes it had been through.

Last edited:
people are allowed to use auto clutch, braking and steer assist , not that it makes you any faster, but why? i guess autoclutch is ok if you only have 2 pedals but what fun is that.

people are allowed to use auto clutch, braking and steer assist , not that it makes you any faster, but why? i guess autoclutch is ok if you only have 2 pedals but what fun is that.
Autoclutch is allowed pretty much everywhere as far as I know. I'll flag up the braking and steer assist to the guy who runs it. But if it doesn't make you any faster personally I don't have a problem with it.

Those two assists, Braking help/Steering help, are really for the controller users. You can't disable them on the dedicated servers, though they are kind of hidden away in a different menu from the actual car assists. I was shocked to see that on our RD servers, which are running no assists and realistic driving aids, that these two arcade aids were actually still available. It's a Reiza issue rather than a RaceCraft one.

Those two assists, Braking help/Steering help, are really for the controller users. You can't disable them on the dedicated servers, though they are kind of hidden away in a different menu from the actual car assists. I was shocked to see that on our RD servers, which are running no assists and realistic driving aids, that these two arcade aids were actually still available. It's a Reiza issue rather than a RaceCraft one.
Great thanks for clarifying.

I'm commenting on this just to make this thread a bit more visible. I've been using the RCO service for a few weeks and really enjoy it. What I really like is how it forces me to try some car/track combos I might not have otherwise tried.

Please check it out if you have any interest at all. The service needs more drivers. There's an old expression that "Nobody goes to that restaurant anymore - it's too crowded." I'm afraid that services like this have the opposite problem - "I don't want to race there because the grids aren't full enough." Filling up grids takes people willing to get on the grids. It really peaks in the evening UTC and CET. I'd love it if more people were also on in the evenings in the American time zones.

Come check it out!

Second that :thumbsup:

While the club races here on RaceDepartment are also great, they are often at times when it's difficult for me to join. Racecraft.Online is a very good solution in between the single player or open lobbies on one end, and club racing on the other. With Rookie and Bronze races starting every 15 minutes it gives you the freedom to race when it suits you, but with better driving standards than most open lobbies, especially from Bronze license up.

Because the whole promotion system is based on safe and consistent driving, progression to higher levels is very manageable, even if you're not the fastest driver, but like to race clean.

Second that :thumbsup:

While the club races here on RaceDepartment are also great, they are often at times when it's difficult for me to join. Racecraft.Online is a very good solution in between the single player or open lobbies on one end, and club racing on the other. With Rookie and Bronze races starting every 15 minutes it gives you the freedom to race when it suits you, but with better driving standards than most open lobbies, especially from Bronze license up.

Because the whole promotion system is based on safe and consistent driving, progression to higher levels is very manageable, even if you're not the fastest driver, but like to race clean.
I did the LFM license test and was happy to get through it. This is nothing like that. All you have to do is prove that you can do 3 consecutive clean laps on a track. And once you've certified on a track you can drive any car. For example, I did Ginetta G40s on Brands Hatch Indy and I did not have to re-certify to drive the Brazilian Stock Cars on the same track. There are rotating races for the various Nürburgring layouts, so the same thing applies there.

Also, it's early days for the service and there is a Discord Server. The developers do listen to user feedback, so this is a great time to get on board and to help make this platform even better!

I did the LFM license test and was happy to get through it. This is nothing like that. All you have to do is prove that you can do 3 consecutive clean laps on a track. And once you've certified on a track you can drive any car. For example, I did Ginetta G40s on Brands Hatch Indy and I did not have to re-certify to drive the Brazilian Stock Cars on the same track. There are rotating races for the various Nürburgring layouts, so the same thing applies there.

Also, it's early days for the service and there is a Discord Server. The developers do listen to user feedback, so this is a great time to get on board and to help make this platform even better!
Yep, agree. There is a nice community building there on the discord server and I've done a good mix of online and AI racing and had a blast. It's got me playing AMS2 again. It's much more of a casual jump in when you have time sort of service, and I think there is room for this alongside the more standard organised races at places like JustRace and SimRacingGP ( which are also excellent but require you to know a bit more about when you can race ).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.