Race Sim Studio 2017 car vs ACFL F1 2017 mod

Hey guys, I really wanna get my head stuck into some driving with my new vr and I wanted to buy a 2017 spec car mod.
I can't choose between the one made by race sim studios and the ACFL 2017 cars.
Which one is better to drive? Which one gives the best driving experience? And most of all, which car is the most realistic to the real cars performance wise?

Please don't give answers if you HAVEN'T driven the cars.

Cheers!

I haven't driven either but I can tell you that the Race Sim Studios mod is certainly more popular, at least amongst the english-speaking AC community, going by the number of discussions, videos and skin downloads I've seen about both cars. So that will probably influence your poll.

Given that the real F1 season has only just begun I expect that the performance of both mods will be made more realistic over time as well.

The RaceSim one isn't particularly realistic, just watch the China Qualifying, there's a sweeping high speed left where Hamilton has to half throttle/coast but in the 2017 Hybrid mod you can just full throttle through it on the same compound Hamilton was using no problems at all.

It seems to actually have either too much downforce or too much grip. You can get very similar lap times but the actual way it gets them is false.

The RaceSim one isn't particularly realistic, just watch the China Qualifying, there's a sweeping high speed left where Hamilton has to half throttle/coast but in the 2017 Hybrid mod you can just full throttle through it on the same compound Hamilton was using no problems at all.

It seems to actually have either too much downforce or too much grip. You can get very similar lap times but the actual way it gets them is false.

And I'm sure you are driving in the super accurate version of Codemasters' China port.

Wut ?

First, there isn't an official China track to make a proper test.
Second, even a Sauber could take that turn 7 flat out easily during quali, and drivers were making short lifts during the race while following other cars.

Please, verify your informations before posting.

The RSS Hyrbid 2017 is by far the best 2017 car we have ! no comparison is possible in my case.

Last edited:
Wut ?

First, there isn't an official China track to make a proper test.
Second, even a Sauber could take that turn 7 flat out easily during quali, and drivers were makign short lifts during the race with while following other cars.

Please, verify your informations before posting.

The RSS Hyrbid 2017 is by far the best 2017 car we have so far! no questions asked.

Yeah I noticed also it was easy flat for every car in quali, but in the race (heavy, used tyres, poor damp conditions and typically following in the wake of another car) they had to lift.

Seems about right to me,

Their tyres look to me like SF15 ones but re-sized.

I don't have their mod but from videos the textures are suspiciosly similar.

Yeah I noticed also it was easy flat for every car in quali, but in the race (heavy, used tyres, poor damp conditions and typically following in the wake of another car) they had to lift.

Seems about right to me,

I'm flat were they are flat in China, pretty on point IMO.

OT: @David Dominguez if i'm not mistaken you were involved in a bunch of F1 track mods in RF2, could you help us here? ;)

Leaving the moral debate aside, ACFL were half assed back when it was a free mod, both model and physics wise, i haven't played the 2017 version but i can't imagine that they became much better.

Their only advantage is that they have individual car shapes opposed to 2 generic ones.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 1 4.0%