RACE Pro (Xbox 360)

OK. I'm still going to work toward unlocking the rest. Only problem is Semi Pro is uncompetitive and pro is not casual enough for my time allotments. (I would dig having my skills, or lack there of) tested for real, but I don't have the time for the restarts etc. So I stay on Semi Pro (custom, ALL assist off and stick shift).

I’m guessing you are talking about the contract races. What I’ve done is the professional difficulty is also too hard for my talents. But I do some of the contracts on the 2 easy levels just to get the darn cars. Then I can do the single race on whatever difficulty (usually the professional) to just have fun for the 10-20 laps or so. I did two championship series. One in the minis and one in the F3000. Both cockpit. The 3000’s cockpit viewpoint is surprisingly good without the jerky wheel movements. And I turn of the HUD for the most part. I then put in my self-regulating rules i.e. Any offs you have to wait for traffic to clear etc. No contact from me what so ever or I penalize myself with a penalty pit. Stuff that would be given to us in a RL race. Then I just sit back and enjoy the race for the 30 mins or so. I enjoy the longer races. I got used to them with GT4. And you can pause anytime to give my hands a breather. Here’s a YouTube video that is like what I do all the time. It’s not mine but it is enjoyable to race this way. Who cares what place I get? I’m just chilling out anyway.

Loving this thread guys, keep it going. I am pretty busy at the moment with other series (F1, Grid and Shift 2) and work but things will slow down shortly and i'll definitely be looking to join in for some fun.

Love the idea of the weekly Time Trial challenge. Would be even better if they could be recorded too :) I'll try to get on and post something asap but will look out for the next challenge.

I dod have quite a bit unlocked myself but a while ago I had a HDD crash and it lost everything so i'll likely have to start from scratch again and may be limited initially in what I can drive :rolleyes:.

Oh and no assists and cockpit all the way for me.. always has been and always will :).

"Oh and no assists and cockpit all the way for me.. always has been and always will"
Standard procedure for me as well Peter. I miss those series. That F1 retro race at Juarez had you in a racing trance due to duration. I don't know why Grid:A limited 10 laps. I have a guy that's physically local that runs Grid:A every night all night. Has NFS:Shift 2 as well. I used to smoke him on Grid:A, but stopping playing led to stopping upgrades and acquaintance with feel of the game. I talked him into a MS FFB wheel off ebay, now he's even better. Real laid back guy who'd be a nice addition to the grid.
My weekends have been booked and the summer will only make me less accessible. But I will try to make any event I can. At least post to time trials.

LOVE the post with the Brno vid. I feel the same way. I just love the simulated feel of the race as I don't have the balls, money let alone the skill to do it in real life. I would say that Peter could tell you, but he's only seen me finish last. :) But I From Steam to Console, I run mid pack at best. Sometimes in Race07, I enjoy the heck out of trying to hold my second to last position for for another 4 laps. Genuine endorphin rush. So I keep the career on semi-pro (for AI), ALL OFF, cockpit in order to progress and unlock. But when I want to immerse for a spell, I go pro and try to just get into the points if I can.
CATERHAMS!!! NOOOOO! Lol. I feel like there's a grass magnet under the bonnet when I lap those things. But I should have that one unlocked and a time at Anderstorp. Do the career/championship "best laps" stick? Or only TT. If not, no biggie. I'll effort to spin my beloved RacePro disc tonight.

Will check for G:A, F1 or NFS:S2 races just in case. I have my daughter this weekend but sometimes she watches dad crash out of contention only to ask, "Why did you do that," or "What happened?". Then I give a physics rant.

LOVE the post with the Brno vid. I feel the same way. I just love the simulated feel of the race as I don't have the balls, money let alone the skill to do it in real life. I would say that Peter could tell you, but he's only seen me finish last. :) But I From Steam to Console, I run mid pack at best. Sometimes in Race07, I enjoy the heck out of trying to hold my second to last position for for another 4 laps. Genuine endorphin rush. So I keep the career on semi-pro (for AI), ALL OFF, cockpit in order to progress and unlock. But when I want to immerse for a spell, I go pro and try to just get into the points if I can.
CATERHAMS!!! NOOOOO! Lol. I feel like there's a grass magnet under the bonnet when I lap those things. But I should have that one unlocked and a time at Anderstorp. Do the career/championship "best laps" stick? Or only TT. If not, no biggie. I'll effort to spin my beloved RacePro disc tonight.

Will check for G:A, F1 or NFS:S2 races just in case. I have my daughter this weekend but sometimes she watches dad crash out of contention only to ask, "Why did you do that," or "What happened?". Then I give a physics rant.

We would only be able to see your times if they are done in TT and we are each others FL. Unless you record them which is a pain because of RP's limited replay functions.

@oldmodelt do you have Shift2 by chance? I was just getting to like that game when everyone I play with left for the Xbox One. I too have Race Pro, but I only just found this Thread.
I'm still going to be playing Shift 2 Michael. Not abandoning my 360 games at all. The racing on there is just too much fun to ignore. Just finished a fantastic league race at Spa (100% distance) where I was racing one of my league pals for pretty much the entire race with little more than a couple of seconds between us the whole time. Things are just a bit tight at the moment because of extra work to get ahead of myself before my holiday next week.

OK. I'm still going to work toward unlocking the rest. Only problem is Semi Pro is uncompetitive and pro is not casual enough for my time allotments. (I would dig having my skills, or lack there of) tested for real, but I don't have the time for the restarts etc. So I stay on Semi Pro (custom, ALL assist off and stick shift).
As I continued my career, I realized I actually was racing on 'Pro' difficulty. :)
Just finished the Gumpert. Now on to the Seat Coupe. Wil be on today PST.

@oldmodelt do you have Shift2 by chance? I was just getting to like that game when everyone I play with left for the Xbox One. I too have Race Pro, but I only just found this Thread.

I don't have Shift 2. I do have 13 racing games for the 360 and it makes no sense (to me at least) to run out and plunk down 700 on an Xbox one. I know it's only 350. But add in sales tax, Kinect another controller and more games and you are right there. The only one I'd probably get right away is PCars. I'm a dinosaur and I usually wait a while before jumping into a new system. Much to the consternation of many of my racing buddies who I consider lemmings to the cliff.

I hear ya. I love my 360 and it's still my primary system. Plus I have a wee FFB wheel for it. Not forking $400 for an FFB whelp for the Xbone. The $100 Ferrari wheel suffices. I got a killer deal from a friend who worked at GameStop who wanted the CoD version.
As for Shift2, a must add to your collection. Improvements over 1 and there's a community here for it. Indianapolis Evolution anyone? Just kidding. Although a pleasantly unpolished game.
Alright, back to finish reading IGN's final review article on PCARS.
BTW, I just unlocked GT Club Vipers and the Seat Coupe for multiplayer on Race Pro.

Last edited:
SAme for me at the moment. I was originally not looking at getting an XBO until around July \ August but I have an app on my phone that keeps me updated on deals for things I am interested in and one came up for the XBO plus pCars for less than the price of an XBO on it's own anywhere else so it was just a can't be missed opportunity. I am on holiday after this week until early June so not picking up a wheel until after that and I am just not a pad racer, never have been so although I will delve into things and see whats what in the game and on the XBO initially with the pad it won't become a serious racer for me until I have that new wheel. But even then I will still be playing on the 360 for some time to come :thumbsup:

Hi guys!

Sorry been a while since i replied in here. I dont have a xbox anymore, sold it a while back to aid in a pc upgrade. I now get my kicks on pc in GSCE mostly. Race Pro was a lot of fun...i hope there still guys enjoying it as it was rather quiet when i last played! Best racing game for xbox i 360 thought.

I hear ya. I love my 360 and it's still my primary system. Plus I have a wee FFB wheel for it. Not forking $400 for an FFB whelp for the Xbone. The $100 Ferrari wheel suffices. I got a killer deal from a friend who worked at Gamestop who wanted the CoD version.
As for Shift2, a must add to your collection. Improvements over 1 and there's a community here for it. Indianapolis Evolution anyone? Just kidding. Although a pleasantlyrics unpolished game.
Alright, back to finish reading IGN's final revirw article on PCARS.
BTW, I just unlocked GT Club Vipers aND the Seat Coupe for multilayer on Race Pro.
I will get Shift2 on loan from the library if it's in.

Hi guys!

Sorry been a while since i replied in here. I dont have a xbox anymore, sold it a while back to aid in a pc upgrade. I now get my kicks on pc in GSCE mostly. Race Pro was a lot of fun...i hope there still guys enjoying it as it was rather quiet when i last played! Best racing game for xbox i 360 thought.

It still is very quiet. I'm usually the only person on multiplayer in the world. Which means I'm not running any races. LOL

Sorry, browsing at lunch and my brain is not processing GSCE?
I have a lower-mid PC and I mostly run Race07, GTR2 (empty other than leagues), R3E, Victory: The Age of Racing (got it free as I was in on the Beta) and SimRaceway. Haven't gone online with Grand Prix Legends yet. GT Legends not agreeing with Windows 8. Bought GTR1 on Amazon like an idiot as I can't get past Starforce and refuse to dabble in the sketchy bypass download sites. Would rebuy on Steam if I knew of a following.
As per thread topic, I agree with Race Pro probably being 360's best sim racer. No bells and whistles. Just SimBin goodness.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back