RACE On by SimBin now available on Steam

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
RACE On Released on Steam
A few moments ago RACE On by SimBin has been released on Steam. If you already have RACE 07, GTR Evolution or STCC – The Game installed you can download the expansion pack that merges beautifully into your excisting content.

New users can download the full game which will bring a wide selection of cars from different racing series: RACE 07, STCC – The Game and the latest RACE On content are all included in one fine bundle that keeps you racing for hours, days and if you are a racing club member at RaceDepartment: even months or years of thrilling online action!

We have opened this release thread at the RACE On forums where you can discuss the latest installment of the Race Series and find purchase links, support and racing events.

Download RACE On directly from Steam here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/8780/

About RACE On
RACE On is the only official game of two of the world’s biggest touring car spectacles; the World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) and the Swedish Touring Car Championship (STCC). Not only does RACE On include all the cars and circuits from the 2008 seasons of these championships, it also adds a massive selection of US Muscle cars and circuits to the mix, as well as the 2008 International Formula Master and the 2008 Camaro Cup Challenge.
The full RACE On bundle including RACE 07 and STCC - the Game, introduces the biggest, best and most comprehensive SimBin racing package ever.

• 39 unique car models in 17 different classes
  • 47 tracks including variations
  • Various real life championships including their accurate regulations
  • Multiplayer, up to 25 AI or real players online
  • Ghost racing against your own lap time or against those of your friends

Attachments

• raceon.jpg
    raceon.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 256
i too got all the previous addons and im a bit disappointed with the pricing on this one..

i actually bought 2 rac07 dvds.. one on the 1st race07 and one with gtre (couldnt find gtre addon only).. then i got stcc thru steam.. also got gtr2 and gtl.. i know theyre on a diff series but theyre still from simbin lol

there should be a simbin loyalty price here :)

Hi

Its me Andy the computer Geek, well I am now after downloading the Race On addon!. My computer crashed after 50% and I lost all my driving games, race 07 , GTR Wtcc. Cateram need I go on the lot! Click on steam error message would not load, sent steam an email no help. Re-loaded steam twice 24 hours later its all ok . Lol that will teach me buying it on a disk next time!

Top gear was right about muscle cars they dont like corners!

I will definitely get this game, mostly cause I love american muscle cars :bang:

SIMBIN's price policy is just another proof of clever marketing (not fair marketing!)

4 me, it's OK since I don't have the STCC Game yet! So when I get it through steam, the price I will pay seams ok.

However, 4 all the others who only want the muscle and the new formula cars, the price is definitely too high.

On the other hand, I don't think they were willing to offer 3 versions to buy (one whole game, one with STCC, and one only with the new content). So, they cut it down to two versions and of course the dropped the one that would have been the least beneficial to their profit :pirate:

Then again, although I love the Simbin games, it is about time to come out with a new game (with new, I mean, new graphic engine, improved sounds (although the current ones are great, but I think they can do a heck of a lot better now, than 4 years ago) and once again a rookie friendly driving lesson section as they did in GTR2 to make the game more appealing to people that are not yet addicted to the simulation genre)!

However, 4 all the others who only want the muscle and the new formula cars, the price is definitely too high.

On the other hand, I don't think they were willing to offer 3 versions to buy (one whole game, one with STCC, and one only with the new content). So, they cut it down to two versions and of course the dropped the one that would have been the least beneficial to their profit :pirate:

I'm totally agree with you, and they can do the same thing for those who have Race on and want to buy GTR evo, without paying 2 times the Race 07 content...

The trick is that once the community start using it, it will be a must have. I myself will buy it at some point, but right now am riddled by the fact how
the latest addon costs twice more than race07 + gtre when i bought it and
5 times more of its current price in 2in1 package.

same here (you can tell we're teammates, lol), hoping for a lower price before christmas. I might even go out and get a dvd if the price drops there, first; though steam download is by far the best way to get your games. for now: enough fun with the rfactor enduro mod and your regular ol' evo-stcc (haven't even played all rides there, why get new ones :) ? )

I also have GTR,GTR2,GTL,Race07,Stcc,Gtr evo and no,i don't think it's a stupid addon.
You get the compleet 2008 season:tracks(updated graphics and layout),Cars:)Seat TDI and Lada's) + 3 new tracks and the muscle cars and the Formule Masters(awsome).
So yes ,I'm very happy with that "stupid"addon.
And for 24 EURO i dont think that's a rip-off.....

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%