Race Department Forum Racing Season 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dovi, you have 1 hour, then I will do the results as soon as I can. If you finish while I'm making the results, it won't count. I haven't got enough time to wait any more.

BRILLIANT BUURLAGE IN BRAZIL
BrazilPodium.jpg

Lesley Buurlage signs off in style
In what he considers his final race for a while, Lesley Buurlage took victory in Brazil. From Pole, he never looked back, and his only slip up was second placed Milos Ancevski scoring fastest lap. The Serb only just held off champion Tobi Kederer, who rounded off the podium positions. Ancevski's result meant he took 5th place in the championship as Tim Engberink and Xen Foro finished behind him, but still in high points. Aidan Keranen had a mountain to climb to reach 3rd place in the championship, but his 4th place wasn't enough to make it, as Daniel Harvey finished 9th. An important 6th place for James Chant meant that he was the final driver to reach the 100 points barrier.

In terms of the final drivers championship, 17 drivers scored more than 100 points, 9 finished with more than 200, 5 had more than 300 and only 1 had more than 400.
The Constructors championship was different. Minardi struggled with a lack of drivers, scoring only 129 point, GENII Mercedes and Toyota couldn't break the 300 point barrier, leaving them a long way behind the rest. TOTAL Nissan, Ferrari and McLaren were close and above the 400 point barrier, Apex broke 500, OMR poked into the 600s and Benetton ended the season with 833 points.

Tobi Kederer scooped the Most Wins trophy and the Fastest Lap one too. The Pole Position trophy went to Lesley Buurlage.
Brazilres.jpg

BrazilPhoto.jpg

Buurlage holds off Ancevski

Next Time:
Stats

Official RDFIA Conference
@Lesley Buurlage, a win isn't a bad way to sign-off. I hear you're moving into a managerial role with Tim Engberink. Are you sure you want to stop racing now the guy whose beaten you twice has left?
@Milos, a winless year, but Second and Fastest Lap are not too bad a consolation with that first statement.
@Dovi design, even though you won a race, you were still last in the championship (bar Poirier), how disappointing is that?​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play