Race Club Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Hi all

I will be shortly taking over the running of The Tuesday and Thursday night Race Club Events.

These will be Touring car events and i would really appreciate your input into what you would like to race.

Tuesday nights i am happy for the use of modded only or add-0n to the default content with or without pit stops.

Thursdays should be Default content only, without pit stops. This means we have a night where its a very simple log in and race night.

What i would like from you guys is an idea of what you would really like to race, i want to get some good quality races going with lots of drivers so i am happy to open this out to you.

What i do not wish to see is people signing up for races saying only if 20 people or something like that. This shows little commitment and in order for us to get good numbers we need some stability. If you sign up you will be expected to race as per forum rules.

So give me some ideas of what you want to race and where you want to race. I am very interested in running a BTCC mod if we can get one that works in the future. So please feedback like this:

Tuesday: Mod..BTCC
Tracks .Silverstone,Monza
Pit stops Yes or No

Thursday: Cars WTCC 07
Tracks Silverstone

remember your thoughts count as it you who will be racing.

I am more than happy to listen to what you the Driver wants.

Nick

I see the Logic in certain cars for certain nights - but I am sure I am not the only one who can only race on certain days/nights. In my case I can not do Thursdays or Fridays as a rule. So I am effectively unable to enter certain types of events here on RD ..... I remember the Mini Fridays and how I would have loved to take part in some of those events on some fantastic tracks but never could, so I never got to race Minis with my fellow RDer's - I vote against fixed nights and in favour of the nights moving around (they could move one day back each week say - DTM and V8's are Wednesday this week, Tuesday next, Monday, Sunday and so on.
The present system works for those who have say Wednesdays free and Love DTM/V8 what about those who don't have Wednesdays Free and Love DTM/V8? By having fixed nights you bring some organisation to the Club but you also end up with the same people doing the same sort of events on the same nights week in week out - What about the New inexperienced member who wants to start off slowly in the Racing Club in slower cars - say Minis but, due to other commitments, can only race on a Wednesday? His (or Her) options and involvement are going to be very limited.
I say by opening the nights up you make the Club more accessible to a wider variety of people and you encourage members to mix with members they would otherwise not get to know, and surley both can only be a good thing for RD?

Where did the 'like' button go? Oh well...

I vote against fixed nights and in favour of the nights moving around (they could move one day back each week say - DTM and V8's are Wednesday this week, Tuesday next, Monday, Sunday and so on.

*snip*

I say by opening the nights up you make the Club more accessible to a wider variety of people and you encourage members to mix with members they would otherwise not get to know, and surley both can only be a good thing for RD?

+1!

Dave you have a good point and it was mentionned also in the suggestion thread that was open a few weeks back. presently we are working on a final version of how the racing club will be but first we have to have staff for it as i can,t do everything myself (what i was doing for the pass few weeks), we almost have all the require staff and we'll finalize the way to go in the next few coming weeks, once the decision will be taken the announcement will be made and personally i will suggest a day/event rotation so members who are not able to race certain days have a chance once in a while to race other classes. be assure that all comments and suggestions have been read and took into consideration.

Rotation is fine but first we need to get an idea of what you guys actualy want. There is little point in me putting up Touring car events twice a week if what i am actually doing is not wanted.

My task is to give you what you wish to drive in a format that suits and to attract more people back into club races. I am here and willing to listen to what you have to say and Dave a rotation system is a good idea.

If you have any suggestions on our modded night or on our standard night please put them here

Remember it is Touring cars Only we are talking about in this thread.

Ok - heres my suggestions for the coming week :

MOD - WTCC 2006/2007 (standard Race07 Cars so more can get involved) + maybe Vectras Mod at Saschenring '67 (great track very challenging) 2 x 25 min. Note - this also plays on the fact that there have been a few events here this week so more people already have the track installed, so are more likely to sign up. Here is a video posted in Race Series Movies by Rob Casey - watch it then imagine 25 WTCC's up through the tight windy village and jockeying for position using drafting on the long straights - assuming of course they all made the first few high speed corners!

Standard - Again SIMBIN have released lots of Expansions recently, people have not bought them all so you gotta appeal to the masses in order to be able to fill a server, which might mean, sticking to the longer established content (Race07, GTR Evo, Race On).
I would like to see a short sprint event on the Extra (short versions) Tracks consisting of say 4 x 12 minute races like this :
Zandvort Club or Brands Indy
18.30 GMT Practice
18.55 GMT Qualy
19.00 GMT Race 1/2
19.30 GMT server Voted back to (deliberately short) Qualy
19.35 GMT Race 3/4
Fast races on short tracks meaning no spread out fields and hopefully some closer racing where a single accident can't ruin someones whole race night.

Alternative Modded Event - Top Gear Test Track Last Man Standing Event - its a figure 8 track so 2 (or 4) x 15 minute events where the idea is to traverse the Crossover at Maximum Speed whilst avoiding carnage!

I think the short format (as well as the Crazy) Events can have a place and appeal at RD, I'm not for making all events short sprints but I do think newer members are put off by the length of events and by feeling if they mess up and accidentally wreck someone that person might have spent hours of practice for a 60 minute single race and is now out. Maybe a few short events here and there could encourage people in?

Appealing to the newcomers (like me) to the Race series, faster shorter races with standard tracks / cars to start off, then build it up to more mods and longer races as the experience increases.

I'm happy in rfactor, by struggling to like Race etc, more difficult for me to get into it, so the ideas above suit me for sure, but it needs to appeal to all, not just newbies like me.

For a touring car event, a format used by Yuri Braham a while back which I loved was this:

25 slots in the server, and a user selects a number with there sign-up. With that number is a designated touring car that is only known to the host of the event. Once signed up, the host reveals the car to the person who has signed up. I thought it was great as I raced lots of touring cars I had never driven before becuase of it, would love if it was brought back :thumb:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.