RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

That was great fun, as expected :)

Just like the last two days, my laptimes weren't that competitive and I found myself at about 10secs behind the fastest driver, though I'm not sure what I'm missing, might post a video later for you all to evaluate my driving ;)
Maybe I should head over and give the track a more thorough inspection, it's merely an one hour drive ;)

Anyways, qualified 4th out of 5 drivers, started okay but lost P4 to Justin anyways. While we were falling behind the top-3, I still had a blast hunting Justin :D I finally was able to pass him in lap 3's Hatzenbach as he went onto the grass. Getting away a bit further, I was able to bring home P4.

With Justin leaving, I had to start from P1 in race #2 and actually survived until somewhere after Adenauer if I recall correctly - had to let everyone go through the next few kilometres and was now back to P4. Following an incident between P2+3, though, one driver left and I got a bit closer.
Another small incident (I guess), and I could actually see Dennis and Dinca battling. One of Dennis' dogs decided to intervene to my advantage and I could gain P2 ;) Getting around the last few turns of lap 3, I suddenly saw Dinca in front of me and could pass him on the straight, still unsure whether he went off or was waiting for Dennis - it turned out to be the latter, sorry for that :)

Anyways, good fun although it was a rather small grid.

Edit: Just checked out Race1's hotlap replay and (I think) I can easily spot approximately 5-6 seconds at some slight offs and not going for the pass, so I guess key's just practice, practice and practice all over again ;) Here's the vid (lap 2 of race 1) anyway, in case somebody's interested :)

Last edited:
Was a good battle Björn but I had nothing to defend with on the straight parts as it felt like I was dragging an anchor behind the car. I should have run some laps in practice, close to other cars and maybe I would have noticed my lack of comparable straight line speed.....but I didn't. I'm one for usually taking simbins stock setup and getting on with it, today I decided to tinker at my own expense!! never again LOL

I found Burin in the TS lobby and hauled him in for his first RD race. Good company!

My Q lap was slower than most all of my practice laps, two itsy bitsy errors took their toll.

R1: A good launch and off I go looking at rear wings of Dinca and Burim. For a while I think there's hope as I learn how to drive the IFM on this road and find ways to go quicker but, they open a gap and I'm in the no mans land for the rest of the race but at least given a chance to lay on some throttle!

R2: Blorn drops the ball early and I slip into the lead, anyone seen me when I get the lead? ?Having just learned how to drive this car I hammered it for two laps keeping the lead. L3 and I put a pair of wheels high on a curb and spin, then do it again as I regain track, Dinca comes up and waits, I let him take the lead but he's holding back. Everything would have been alright but one of the Pomeranian's we're caring for jumps up in my lap. Alls good except that I cannot turn the wheel all the way and he keeps trying to lick my face, blocking my view. Oh well, just bring it home, lol!

This track, these are different cars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play