RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Matt Alpeter

after fighting for 30min with that audi, i realized i wouldn't last more than 5min in a race...just too unstable..needless to say it won't turn at all lol. gonna switch to the GT Club Viper CC.

Qualify: Got Pole with 1,44,2.

I had alot of traffic in my first few laps but then i managed to get a clean one and got the pole time.

Race: 1st. But in the last couple of laps i could not see anyone and was driving by myself.

Race started horribly. I was very uncomfortable in my seating position so i tried to move around to the get it better (sitting on a pillow). Which resulted in that i accidently shifted down to 1st gear instead of 2nd and i spun and got suspension damage on lap 3 i think. Kieth who was only about 1,5-2 sec behind was not able to aviod me and lost his front wing in the contact :( (Sorry Kieth). I myself got away with front suspension damage and yet another embarrasing mistake on my resumé :). I was 3rd after this and was battle'ing with the suspension damage and trying to learn to drive with it. After i got the hang of it i think i was only loosing about 0,5-1 sec a lap and it was quite fun to battle with the car. I overtoke Patrick and then the leader (cant remember who) and then i was leading again. I don't remember why but i lost the lead a little later but retoke it. After that i was leading for the rest of the race except for a short while after my first pitstop. It was on lap 15 i did my scheduled pitstop for fuel and tyres. It also tried to fix the damage but was not able to. I still had to struggle with the suspension damage.

Now to the fun part :D.. When i got out of the pits i noticed that it started raining, the track was getting more and more wet but i opted to stay out on dry tyres. My times got first 1 sec slower, then more rain and then i was 2 sec slower and after maybe 5-6 laps my times where 6 sec slower but the track was still not completly wet. Then lapping a backmarker i did a mistake day dreaming and lost my front wing. On the way back to the pits i also collected a stop & go penalty :p. When i got out of the pits i had wet tyres but now it was pouring down and i could see massive spray behind my car. I did the stop & go and went out again and was still leading. I was about 10 sec slower per lap now with full rain and it stayed the same through out the rest of the race. It was really fun to drive in the wet, especially with suspension damage:) Had previously only tried it once for a few laps with this car so i was glad to get some wet practise, it was great fun. Battleing oversteer in the very fast last fast corner was great :) With maybe 6-7 laps to go everyone dissapeared and i was alone on the track. Don't know what happend there but i finished the race.

I have never before seen or heard of it starting to rain in the middle of the race, also that the wet only covered some parts of the track initially was awesome. Also to see it pour down later in the race, just great! I had previously only dsreamed of these conditions and it was just awesome have them come true! Congrats to however finished 2nd and 3rd. Actually anyone finishing this race deserves congratulations :good::)

On a sad note my foot did not enjoy the race as much i did. Was able to not think about it as much during the race but now it hurts more then ever :( After NGP is over i will take a longer break to let it heal properly.

Thanks everyone, and Eric fantastic track choise! See you next time!

Tip for going through the Starting Gate, drive slowly or stop at the line then put your foot down!

It happened to me lots of times in the F3000, not once in any other car.

Edit: Bram, another issue is only 6 people can be in the Garages at once. More people can join, but they don't show up in the Garage!

Edit 2: I don't show up on the timing.racedepartment.com site!! :(

Lol, saw the gap between myself and Niklas reduce to zero, then "Niklas Vesterinen has left the server". Lol at the fact that you finished the race on your own! :p That's dedication. Anyway, onward.

Practice/2nd:
I done something right with the setup, got great balance and speed, came 2nd.

Qualifying/5th:
I couldn't focus, I could get 1:47s, but could only manage a 1:48 for some reason. Just couldn't get the car down. I managed to keep 5th, which is still my best qualifying result (qualifying isn't my strong point :p)

Race/2nd:
I had a surprising start. Jumped 2 cars ahead of me and was right on the tail of Niklas and Keith (I think it was Keith) and saw they had a tangle at the 3 pronged chicane, I took the lead, which gave me a morale boost, it was the first time leading. I led for a good bit, then Niklas caught up, and didn't want to push too hard to risk an already good place, so settled and let him go. Soldiered on, then pitted. Pitting had problems for me, I changed the fuel settings at the last minute as the fuel estimisations were off buy about 2-4 laps, and when I confirmed that, my engine cut. I lost a couple of seconds to the stall, but managed to get it running. Got my blood pumping though :)
I was 9th, then 8th, and after a few more laps, I found my strategy had paid off. I had jumped everyone in the pits, and got to 3rd. It rained, and I didn't bother pitting, as the rain was light enough that I could race fine with slicks. As I came down the pit straight, I noticed a car in the wall. Then saw Keith type "My wheels are gone, I'm out". I got into 2nd then. Tough luck Keith, looked like a bad accident...
The rain got harder, and I was out of tear-offs, so had a muggy, buggy, wet, splodgy visor which got annoying. The rain got harder. I came out of the 2nd last corner and somehow the car snapped, and hit the wall. Lost my front wing, and suspension damage as a bonus. I didn't see anything gained from pitting 5 laps from the end. I pushed on. I saw the gap between myself and Peter get smaller, and smaller still. It was 1-2 seconds at first, then chunks soon after. I could see him in my mirror with 3 laps to go, and couldn't respond. Had no frontal downforce, and exits on the rear tyres and rain were slippery. Péter caught me with 2 laps to go, and I had no chance of catching him.

Finished second, not my first win (YET!:p) but 2nd is my highest so far at RD, so I'm happy with that. Also, the fact that I had to make do later in the race with a battered and bruised car. It done good.

Good race, very Epic indeed, love Singapore. Good job, Nico. Péter, you sly thing, you came outta nowhere! Hadn't seen you the whole race! Enjoy the win mate, deserved it.

Péter's win proves that having the fastest time in qualifying means nothing. Anything can happen in the race... This league will be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 30 16.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 24 12.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 27 14.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 26 14.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 67 36.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 104 55.9%