RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Sorry for quitting

Sorry but this wasn´t fun for me.
First spun in hotlap, so i´m last. That were equal for me but in race i´m crashed in first corner and after my pit i realised that the track is wet, but it was very sunny condition. So i had 1 round back and wrong tyres.
After another spun i had no more motivation to drive.
Next time i had to look into the trackinfo before i join race (but it seems so sunny that i forget it :)

I´m interested wheather the track go dry or was it the full race in this conditions ?
I find the weather is not really good simulated in Race. This is in GTR2 much better i think.

Had a decent start in the race, but managed to knock laurence into a spin, sorry but you were going way slower than me into the corner.
Pitted on lap 16 for dry tyres and fuel but a few laps later I put a wheel on the grass before turn 1, bounce across the gravel and boom goes the engine in the tyre wall.

I forgot it was Superpole and when I hit drive I seen my fuel and went back to the garage to I started last lol. Then had a goodstart but the track was wet and Really struggled but I was picking of a few people. Had a really good fight with sandis but hit him going into the chicane so i let him back through but he then spun on the last corner which I was gutted about because we were having a good fight. I pited around lap 20 after I came into the last bend and I dont think I even touched the grass but the back let go and flung me into the tyres. So i went into the pit and fixed the suspension and got 2 new front tyres. I should of replaced all of them as I was sliding everywhere so went back into the pit and just lost motivation. Was running 4th for a long while and keeping up with 3rd and 2nd place. Im still new to all this and hopefully my mistakes will make me learn.

Thanks simon for setting this up and enjoyed the first part of the race.

Well, that is the first minidump I've had in a race in almost a year.

Unfortunately, this means I need to ask one of the competition server guys to upload their replay for me to rapidshare or here

Finally, you have until 22.00 GMT to submit any incident reports to me, after which if there are none I will contact the winner ;)

Had a decent start in the race, but managed to knock laurence into a spin, sorry but you were going way slower than me into the corner.

Lol, you would still be to blame on the road for going to fast in the conditions.

After last night, tonight was a huge disappointment. Always struggle round indy track but thought this would help me. No chance it was like an ice rink. When I went into pits i smashed into wall and that was basically it.

Thanks anyway for setting it up Simon and RD

It did dry quite a lot Andreas - enough for the laptimes to drop by about 2 seconds - i ran a 51.077 in the race after pitting for more slicks.

Qualy: Nearly had pole - David managed to go slightly quicker and dropped me back to second. However, after he left in the warmup i was back on pole when the race started.

Race: Made a decent start on slicks and started to pull away from the cars behind a little each lap. I then put a wheel on the grass and ran out wide onto the big hill at Graham Hill bend. This put me back down the field and i tried hard to catch back up. I passed a lot of cars at Druids a few laps later - i tapped Dan, i think it was a 50:50 incident as it was a risky move by me and from what i saw he moved across a bit on me. It didn't cost him much time - and i lost a bit because i locked it up completely. I got quite lucky when Herwin went off giving me the lead back and then i just drove as quick as i could before i pitted on lap 30. Crashed straight into the wall on the pit entrance as it was like an ice rink, this lost me quite a bit of time but fortunately i had a big enough lead before pitting to regain the lead after others had pitted. From there it was a pretty quiet drive to the finish - thanks to anyone who i lapped for letting me past :)

Finished with Olly about 13 seconds behind, a 1-2 for FT Racing :highfive:

• Jason Parks

Adam, track wasn't wet mate, or I dont think so, would have explained my poor performance!!

Well bad decision choosing hte BMW, was ll over hte shop, quallied 13th, started well, gained couple of spots, then spun into the wall, so basically for the whole 50 (my 41) laps I trundled round letting people overtake....Never got to grips with the car on this track :(

Congrats to the podium, you had some ace times ....

Sorry to all those who were lapping me (everyone), I tried to get out of the way...

Thanks to Simon and RD for the event :)

Anyone tell me how to install STCC???!?!??!?!?! hehe

:)
:)
:p
:-P

• Matt Crouch

Adam, track wasn't wet mate, or I dont think so, would have explained my poor performance!!

two servers Jason. It was wet in ours :D edit: ah thought he was on the other server :oops:

I'm pretty sure the right tyre choice was dry in those conditions specially as the forecast was dry :)

STCC server:

Quali

Got 7th I think with about a 50.8

Race

Gained quite a few places early on through other accidents. Not much else to say about the start. However a bit later on Matthew and I had a slight accident. I was on the inside and I did not turn enough to the right and Matthew turned more than I was expecting. As a result I tapped the side of his car which pushed him into the gravel. Sorry for that :(. I waited for Matthew and let him passed. Later on I gained a few more places and had a great battle with Neil. Absolutely fantastic driving by him, giving lots of room and not being aggressive in trying to get passed. Big thanks to you :)

I pitted late at around 31-32 laps and managed to get out just in front of Sébastien to join in 2nd. I managed to hold him off and eventually get a fairly large lead on him. This led to a quiet last few laps but I am very happy with the result.

Here are some shots of the cars:

Race_Steam2009-01-2821-40-55-64.jpg

Race_Steam2009-01-2821-40-45-87.jpg

In the light of recent events, I would like to dedicate the FT 1-2 to Chris Noble. You will be missed :(

Cheers,
Olly

I had a decent qualifying. Despite the fact that I forgot to use less fuel (was running much to much for Superpole :)), I managed to get 6th. I could have been faster, but the fuel thing didnt help, also I was careful not to wreck the car.

Race was fun, had an OK start, but lost a few places at the start, because for some reason I filled the car to the brim, remembering later that I would be pitting anyway... So anyway, as the race went on, I gained the positions I lost, but then a Seat came from behind and bumped me off the line and took a place. Don't know his name. Followed for a while, and then comes BMW charging, and I tried to defend, but he kept up. The, in the last corner, he hit me off the track. I'm sure it was accidental, but lost a good 6 places. Fortunately, I found a boost os energy and got the places back in no time. Pitted for tires, came out in the same position. Caught up with 3 Hondas, and took them, but one of them wouldn't give up, kept up with me the rest of the race. 3 laps to go, another Seat comes chraging behind, wasn't sure what to think as I was focusing on keeping the Honda behind, but when the Seat was only a few metres away, I get a Blue flag, try to get off the line, and the car snaps, hit a wall, and luckily back to the track. Lost my place to the Honda though.

Well that's what I've learned anything can happen. That Honda just waited for the right moment.

Finished 5th/15. Could have been 4th, but I screwed up :p

My first WTCC race, and a long one. Was great fun and I'm happy with my result considering. Hopefully with enough practice I can get a bit better and look into the leagues... Someday.

I don't have any complaints or reports, all I'll say is that people did get raudy in the corners, and I saw some bumping and people diving into corners. No biggy, but it happens. Thanks a lot Simon (assuming you organised it) for organising, great race, just what I came to RD for!

Cheers:beer:

EDIT: Reading the other posts, I also noticed a lot of people constantly were typing "Thank You" and "Sorry". I feel this isn't necessary everytime. Can get distracting.

• Matt Crouch

Gotta say that the wet track (combined with no practice :shock:) made it a tad difficult to work out the braking points so I think everyone was slightly more prone to mistakes involving other people. Was very surprised to qualify in P6 as I'd been running at the back for all of practice.
First lap I was tapped off in druids and lost a few places, down to 12th I think, but understandable in these conditions and not a problem :). While I was focussing on the wet so much I managed to brake down to second gear for where the track joins forgetting it was the indy circuit :excruciating:

Caught up to 4th place through various mistakes from other people then slowly dropped down again while others moved up. Dan caught up to me and unfortunately I got a another tap - neeaarly managed to hold it but when I came to the grass between the kerbs I lost traction and span. Thanks for waiting though Dan :) If I'd realised you were quite as close as you were there I would have left a bit more space
As other people pitted I made it all the way up to third, but I think leaving it to lap 30 was a mistake as when I came out (near the back) my laps were quite a lot faster. Spent the rest of the race behind Neil G really, got lapped near the end and finished 8th.

Rather high rate of attrition in this one :th_dead:. Enjoyed it anyway since the wet mixed things up

Thanks for the race :)

Well, that is the first minidump I've had in a race in almost a year.

Unfortunately, this means I need to ask one of the competition server guys to upload their replay for me to rapidshare or here

Finally, you have until 22.00 GMT to submit any incident reports to me, after which if there are none I will contact the winner ;)

A reminder to the competition guys, without the replay I can't validate anything, since I only have half a replay because of my minidump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back