RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Andrew Evans

sorry robert - read top post - signups closed at event start...

in other news, ryan, there's a spot for you now mate....

Sorry for dropping out of the race

Quali 10th

Car in front didn't move so lost a few places on the start and first few corners, down to 13th (I think) got back up to 8th and just getting into a rythmn when I had that bloody problem that some other Nivdia 8800 users have had. Not had that for weeks now and I thought is was cured, dam

Was really enjoying that, haven't driven the mins for a while, oh well see you next time

• Andrew Evans

maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

suckville!

let's see - probably won my own prize for first roll... about lap 5... was midfield and having a nice fight until then.... something about my setup SUCKED BIGTIME... when i finally quit i still had 7 laps till my stop and my front left was at 45%!... got this mad tingling numbness in my left hand (prolly related to rsi) but guess i might have to adapt to a no ffb world... in short, gak!

Nice race guys, I just pinned a post-it on my videoscreen. It says :

Do NOT ignore fuel-light, even when it's flashing red.
Had a great race trying to hold on to the the top 5. Eventually managed to reach 2nd behind Gary, but forgot to fuel up (yeah laugh all u want, ha ha ha :sinister:). Nice clean racing guys. Hope to be there next time for the Mini's.

Cheers and thanks Andrew for setting this up :dance2:

Sorry for dropping out of the race

Quali 10th

Car in front didn't move so lost a few places on the start and first few corners, down to 13th (I think) got back up to 8th and just getting into a rythmn when I had that bloody problem that some other Nivdia 8800 users have had. Not had that for weeks now and I thought is was cured, dam

Was really enjoying that, haven't driven the mins for a while, oh well see you next time

Sorry to hear that Tony, I do occasionally had that. But now I turn off lots of unneeded services, like Automatic Updates, updates for virusscanner, cause I also saw my scanner updating itself during my race. Popup appeared during game. Now I turn that off, and haven't had that problem anymore *knock on wood*

Practice: Bad, bad, bad,no time below 1:08, was really frustrated!

Qualy: I dont know what happened, the tracks seemed to be exchanged or my Mini was on fire! Was 0.5 sec faster than my PB. Did a 1:07.3xy, put me 6th (me, 6th, unbelivable, my best ever RD Qualy result I would think)!

Race: It continued...lost a little bit at start and as I do a careful lap 1, prefer to loose some positions, what happened. Was on 10th after lap 1, had Richard behind me, who pushed so hard that he a couple of times did not make it propperly into the corner so the gap acutally got bigger and bigger :). After some time Lee must have gone off track as suddenly he was in front of me fighting with Steven P. Had a good racing with them for some laps, Lee got pass Steven than I was fighting with Steven. Really good! Close racing, but at some point he let me pass, at least my impression, was I pushing unfair? I was on 5th position, I could not believe it!!!! And actually putting a little gap between me and Steven, but Lee in front as well :). Started lapping people in lap 28.
Unfortnately in lap 34 the devil came into my Mini or in my pit lane! I entered the pit and wanted to change the amount of fuel, just a little pit, something went wrong, no fuel. I thought, ok, no probs, just go to the pit next lap again. Wanted to change the preset as I did not need tyres (got them the lap before). Did not work, so got new tyres but you guess, no fuel. Anyway enough fuel for another lap, this time I decided just to confirm the preset. Again, only new tyres, that was enough, gave the key to the devil (did anyway have no fuel anymore, hope he is still sitting there).

Anyway, as long as it lasted, my best race I would think! Thanks all!

• Ollie Flint

Nice one guys. Was a good race. Would have finished further up the rankings had I remembered to change my tyres in the pits. So went in again and ended a lap down on my group :sad:

Anyway. Finished a sad 13th :quiet:

• Andrew Evans

Yep, problem is, I even dont know what went wrong, will have a look at the pitting again or never change the preset again during the race, just confirm.

unfortunately pitting seems to be eternally bugged in gtre... are you using auto-pit? cause that seems to never ever work...

since i switched to using manual, it's generally fine - including changing presets... but still, very occassionally, it screws up....

Weirdly I am an ocean of unphased calm at the mo'. This was my first race I've finished since giving up the fags a couple of weeks ago. Couple of moments in there I was a bit unhappy about but to rant would ruin me karma so I won't.

One of the best races I've had in a long while despite finishing a lowly 12th and, I think, one of the few I can hand on heart say that going off track was nothing to do with me ;)

Everything went to plan (ish), PB in qually (into the mid 1.08.xx), a few nice scraps without any contact despite it being very close at some points (must try and find the 3 abreast through T1 pic :D) Just after me pitstop I was catching the car in front by 2 secs a lap, cutting the gap from 35 to less than 19 secs until I had a spot of bother for a few laps which widened the gap again. Overall, very pleased. (Strangely)

Simon :)

Well that was fun after my extended break. Was very pleased with my pace, considering I hadn't played in a month.

Qualified 3rd behind those damn BVM boys, Gary and Ben. I could find 2 tenths in the first sector, but the 2nd sector constantly let me down.

Start was fairly status quo, Lee got a better start from 4th but I had the inside from the grid. Us four stuck together for the first 6/7 laps before I started to drop back - not being able to do any long stints during testing taking it's toll. Lee was right up my gearbox but Knutstorp is so difficult to pass on with it's narrow track and short braking points. He rolled it around lap 8(?) ands Ben disappeared and I was lonely in 2nd place with Gary pulling away from me very nicely.

Then the first of three incidents during my race - my screen froze and went black dropping me back from 5 seconds to 17 seconds behind Gary and back into 3rd behind Danny. Danny had an excellent race setup (or maybe his car was light re above) and was pulling away from me and closing on Gary. I passed him while he was on the grass in a very strange place, hadn't realised he'd ran out of fuel. I stayed out 3/4 laps longer than Gary, which turned out to be 3/4 laps too long as I came out now 25 seconds behind.

Very much status quo until I came to lap Neil Gault. I am so sorry Neil, my first thought was that you were letting me past and then I realised aaaaaarrrgh no! you weren't and I tapped you while you were unstable over the fast crest spinning you. I waited but I think I ruined your race and I can only apologise for that.

I had around a 6/7 second lead over Lee in 3rd until I locked up on the downhill and beached it, letting Lee past. I tried to close him up, getting the gap down to 3.5 seconds but it wasn't enough.

I suppose 3rd isn't too bad considering my long lay off. Thanks to Andrew and RD for organising this.

Again sorry to Neil, I feel bad about that.

unfortunately pitting seems to be eternally bugged in gtre... are you using auto-pit? cause that seems to never ever work...

since i switched to using manual, it's generally fine - including changing presets... but still, very occassionally, it screws up....

Yes auto pit, usually fine, but I had this before, but in those days I could track it down to a user error. Need to check and also give the manual pit a chance.

Quite simply the best, cleanest and most well mannered race I have ever had the pleasure of doing big thanks to everyone.:good:

Qualified 10th carrying 25L of fuel because I forgot to change it from my practice, big LOL.

Got the start from HELL!!!! foot down release clutch dead engine, wtf everyone went screaming past, got to T1 in 20th. 10 places up the shoot in 100yrds or so, enormous LOL.

Anyway, took it easy (as everyone seemed to do) in the early laps, then started to make progress through the field. I do have to say Mr Gault will haunt me forever as the driver who I cannot pass. The car in front is not a Toyota it is any car driven by The Extremely Wide Elbows of Mr N Gault:wink2:, lol.

Was in 14th or so at half way so went into pits, just tyres as I started with 50L and guessed it would make it just, which it did with 1.56L left. Came out and after 3 more laps was 6th I think, it`s all a blur.
I do remember coming upon The Gaultmeister again but I think his tyres had gone as he went wide and let me through, so 5th and an awesome battle to keep the faster David Lemon behind me:good:. I was in my mirrors so much I made some howling mistakes:embarrassed: and after a long fight he was past and away.

After that it was a nice cruise to the finish for a 6th place and a beaming smile of enjoyment across my face.

Have to say that was an amazing pace you set Gary, Congratulations on the victory.

Thanks Andrew for this, I had my doubts with it being such a short twisty lap but it was an amazing choice of track.

Also Thanks RD for hosting.

• Matt Crouch

In recognition of this momentous race I'm going to only use ninja smilies in this post :th_o:

Very clean stuff and another mini race I'm very happy to have completed.
Watched in quali as more and more people got ahead of my time leaving me in 21st, then on my last lap took off a few tenths and put myself up into 17th (the times were pretty close :th_woot:).

Start of the race I released the clutch waaay too soon :th_sur: and got a very slow start, luckily Ollie was also quite slow off the grid so didn't really lose anything.

First few laps stayed around 11th - 13th somewhere with Evans around getting in a sneaky pass on me in the meantime, although through other circumstances I ended up with it back again.

Came across Richard and Paulo. I guess Richard had taken some damage and followed for a while until I could get a pass in, Paulo got through a little later and started to chase me down. Around lap 22 I started catching up to Carlos in front of me, and we had a mini battle, just lost it at T1 though when I failed to anticipate the corner correctly, could probably have got past but braked too late and stayed behind instead and swerved to stop myself running into carlos. :th_blush: Caught up again by lap 28 and had a good chase.
Nigel came along from a lap down (I'm guessing after pitting) and put on loads of pressure with the extra grip, was fun trying to stay ahead :th_wink:

lap 35 I was back up close to Paulo, passed but thought I might've squeezed a bit, and went wide on the next corner to leave room, accidentally left way too much though and went back behind. Fought some more up until my pit on L36.

Messed that one up royally :th_dead:, overshot the spot and reversed slightly, then forgot to start the engine and ended up switching it off when it came on automatically. Came out 12th. was surprised to find Paulo came out behind me later on though.

Lap 43 nigel came up again, this time on the same lap, got past and then when I got past Carlos that (8th basically) was the where I finished. Stayed pretty much consistently 4-6s behind Nigel for the remainder of the race. Shame we weren't closer as it's more fun racing a person than a number :th_wink:

Another monster post...

Thanks for the race everyone :th_cool: Specially to the occassional people who I did lap, specially the Carlos at the back :th_jtteglad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes