RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Pretty fun race! :rotfl:

Qualified 9th, was able to gain a couple spots after the start and first few corners, then tried to resist Hansi for a bit, he was obviously faster than me so as soon as I missed a turn wide he passed me. Then, i was chased by Tim, Bob and Eric, managed to get to the pits in 8th position.

The second half was a little more problematic.. lol... Sorry Niklas for being a bit too slow entering the front straight, i got a little distracted when I saw you get behind me so fast. I guess you were surprised and you rear-ended me, getting me into a long painful lap with suspension problems... then I came too fast in the pits to fix the suspension so I got a stop-and-go penalty...

Being last and almost a lap behind Eric, I just cruised to the end, trying not to get in the way of anybody, especially Nico's and Niklas' playful little duel ;-)

Had fun on this track and with these cars, hope we can have another F3000 race soon!

Thanks Eric and RD for organizing the race! :rotfl:

Thx Eric and RD for a great event!!!!

Quali - I did a PB of 1:32.1 and was happy with that. Qualified P6.

Race - Made a decent start and picked up Jan Wikstrom and Hendrie Klink to get P4 before the first corner. After a few laps, both Hendrie and Jan started to pressure me and I drove my mirrors into a mistake where Jan passed me on Lap 8. Then I was a Jan and Hendrie sandwich for the next several laps where I drove my mirrors again and spun big time on Lap 10 where Hendrie picked me off - ugh! Overall I was fairly consistent except for the pitstop. I had to waste 15 secs getting more fuel on board becuase I forgot to set that automatically. Further, once I got out I got a stop and go for speeding - pissed!!!! I went on to finish P5 with a BL = 1:32.9. I think I should have had a better flying lap during quali as I shouldn't be this close to my qualifying time with almost 55L of fuel on board?! Awesome race and fun battling with Jan W. and Hendrie K.!!!

In the first race I drove very carefully into Eau rouge to find a completely unavoidable carnage on exit. I suffered a left puncture and decided to limp around for a pitstop and at least a chance to finish. Unfortunately the front runners lapped as I exited the pits but I gave room for all to pass and did not instantiate any incident. The car wasnt handling right anyway and through my own error I hit the tyres at la source, sustaining aero damage. It was time to call it a day.

To my surprise someone seems to have voted to have me kicked out:pissed-off: WTF. Are we meant to just quit when we sustain damage? I did not cause any accident and was actually one of the victims of the first corner carnage. Can someone please explain why my behaviour was so bad to warrant removal?

Fortunately I avoided trouble in the second race and finished 6th. It was fun despite the sour taste in my mouth.

Regards

I was going to skip qualify and start last but Nico thought it was a bad idea so i did a qualify lap with 20 laps fuel hoping to come around P4-P5 but came P2 behind Nico. Made a better start and got away pulling away comfortably every lap. And right after my pitstop i came out P2 right behind Jan and was verymuch looking forward fighting him but he was very careful and almost surrendered the position. Wish you had fought a little harder old man :p. I saw my lead increse to about 50 seconds before i had a little incident lapping Jean Michel Rucheton causing both of us to go off track. It was exit of last corner and i thought i would lap him on the straight but he slowed down way to early and surprised me, no worries mate :). After that i saw i still have over 30 second lead and about 18 min left so i decided to wait for Nico and have some fun. I let him past and overtoke him and again let him past and overtoke him, this went on for a while :) Thanks Nico it was fun. And with 4 min left i decided it was time to stop and finish the race. On the last lap i almost spun in sector 2 and lost 5 seconds off the gap but managed to keep it going, haha.

I absolutly loved this track, perfect for this car and i enjoyed it. This was my first race with the F3000 and i hope to see more of it in the future. Also thanks for your little race reports, it's fun to read how the race was for everyone else, and thanks for the kind words. :embarrassed: :good:

Thanks everyone who participated and especially you Eric who brought us this event and thank you RaceDepartment!

I was going to skip qualify and start last but Nico thought it was a bad idea so i did a qualify lap with 20 laps fuel hoping to come around P4-P5 but came P2 behind Nico. Made a better start and got away pulling away comfortably every lap. And right after my pitstop i came out P2 right behind Jan and was verymuch looking forward fighting him but he was very careful and almost surrendered the position. Wish you had fought a little harder old man :p. I saw my lead increse to about 50 seconds before i had a little incident lapping Jean Michel Rucheton causing both of us to go off track. It was exit of last corner and i thought i would lap him on the straight but he slowed down way to early and surprised me, no worries mate :). After that i saw i still have over 30 second lead and about 18 min left so i decided to wait for Nico and have some fun. I let him past and overtoke him and again let him past and overtoke him, this went on for a while :) Thanks Nico it was fun. And with 4 min left i decided it was time to stop and finish the race. On the last lap i almost spun in sector 2 and lost 5 seconds off the gap but managed to keep it going, haha.

I absolutly loved this track, perfect for this car and i enjoyed it. This was my first race with the F3000 and i hope to see more of it in the future.

Thanks everyone who participated and especially you Eric who brought us this event and thank you RaceDepartment!

You are welcome. As I said if there is more interest I am sure we could organize more F3000 races.

BTW, you are just very impressive m8!!

To my surprise someone seems to have voted to have me kicked out:pissed-off: WTF. Are we meant to just quit when we sustain damage? I did not cause any accident and was actually one of the victims of the first corner carnage. Can someone please explain why my behaviour was so bad to warrant removal?

Fortunately I avoided trouble in the second race and finished 6th. It was fun despite the sour taste in my mouth.

Who initiated the vote? It is possible it was done by mistake (I have seen it done accidently before when someone hits a wrong key).

No, you do not have to leave if you sustain damage, you did the correct thing by trying to pit for repairs.
And nobody should initiate votes to kick people from our Racing Club servers (unless there are exceptional circumstances), in the case of problems with incidents, we have a procedure for dealing with those (refer to our Racing Club Rules).

I saw my lead increse to about 50 seconds before i had a little incident lapping Jean Michel Rucheton causing both of us to go off track. It was exit of last corner and i thought i would lap him on the straight but he slowed down way to early and surprised me, no worries mate :).

LOL, yeah sorry about that, I guess I got scared of the Finlandia and SISU supercharged rocket vehicle of yours... :flame:

Thanks warren, I hope it was a mistake. All I can say is when I was waiting for the second race I was shocked to see a vote to have me kicked out. Not only because I thought my behaviour was acceptable but also that RD would be so brutal on new drivers.

... To my surprise someone seems to have voted to have me kicked out:pissed-off: WTF. Are we meant to just quit when we sustain damage? I did not cause any accident and was actually one of the victims of the first corner carnage. Can someone please explain why my behaviour was so bad to warrant removal?...

I didn't notice the vote kick either... although it is somewhat easy to do a vote track/session by mistake while driving and typing (I've done some :p), while driving I never saw a vote kick in the same circumstances, usually vote kick starters during the race are in the pit (in chat room).

From memory, I remember you exiting the pit lane in 14th at the first race; you let the front 2 go by in the straight leading into Les combes and me too after Malmedy (you moved aside). So that was a very correct procedure and I'm sure that even if you made something wrong to any of the following racers (hypothetically) it wasn't conscientious or on propose.

• Mike Lee

[FONT=&quot]@Mike Lee, can you please change your in-game name to your real name, Rolo will not be accepted for future races on the RD Servers.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yep, sorry Warren and others. I only just made it back from the cricket (NZ/WI 20/20) and I only noticed it after it was too late.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I enjoyed last night.... I avoided the first lap carnage in the first race and had a lonely drive to 7th. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2nd race was the best race I have had at RD. I got round the pole man and was in the lead. I was under immediate pressure from Joao and he passed me and then Jari passed me at pace. I was regretting a few extra beers now and hoped to settle in for 3rd as I was over the limit. Marcel and Wally were behind me and were right behind on lap 7. A bit of a mistake and they were through, I was disappointed not to hold them off.[/FONT]
The racing was fun and they were all good moves to overtake, no silly ones, good stuff.
Hard luck to Richard Hampstead and his disco. 2.14 in practice in his saleen.... thats fast.
The Gt's were fun.

And right after my pitstop i came out P2 right behind Jan and was verymuch looking forward fighting him but he was very careful and almost surrendered the position. Wish you had fought a little harder old man :p.

Hehe…. :laugh2:
I had seen you where much faster, and i had only one lap left before I had to pit, so I didn’t want to make it harder then necessary and maybe ruin something.

Name: Andreas Löffler
Car: BMW E90 skin

Comments: Reserve list for me. When can the reserve join if the server isn´t full ?

My car :)

schraeg_oben.jpg

You are welcome. As I said if there is more interest I am sure we could organize more F3000 races.

BTW, you are just very impressive m8!!

:)

LOL, yeah sorry about that, I guess I got scared of the Finlandia and SISU supercharged rocket vehicle of yours... :flame:
lol, no problem. Trial events are supposed to be practise races to learn and develop your skills and racing intelligence. Just remember to stay calm (not easy allways i know :)) and try to plan for the best spot to get lapped. Like everything else in life, practise makes perfect :good:

Hehe…. :laugh2:
I had seen you where much faster, and i had only one lap left before I had to pit, so I didn’t want to make it harder then necessary and maybe ruin something.

A very wise decision then. It has been some time since i last raced or practised with you but i definetly think you are getting faster. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back