RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Quali- Got loose and was 2 seconds of my PB put me 7th.

Race- Start was crazy cars everywhere. Going off memory going through turn 1 there were cars on either side of me and I got into the one on the outside due to the one on the inside of me. Slight contact. Then entering the hair pin I was in 5th I believe and 2 ran way off and I was coming in at normal speed with a field behind me pushing. I ended up just nudging Olivers right rear quarter panel which put him sideways stopped in the hairpin with 20 drivers trying to jam through. I waited for a few seconds and realized i was holding up the field. (Sorry oliver, I was turning with full brake and my nose just clipped your rear quarter)

I cant watch my replay either, because to add insult to injury headed into lap #2 crossing the S/F line I get a mini-dump.....after running about 100 laps with no problem there I get it during the race, figures.

Not the best race.

Stayed at the back while others went off here and there, made steady progress, then John Bergqvist went on the grass so i went past. As i got level he got off the grass and slewed across the track smashing me in the barrier, aero damage, suspension and puncture. Tried to get back to pits but in doing so nearly got in the way of the leaders as they lapped me so decided to quit.

John, please take a little more care when rejoining the track, accidents happen and it was not intentional, but things like this can be avoided.

• Andrew Evans

start line shenanigans, hairpin shenanigans... pick my way thru the carnage... things just starting to settle down when i come across two guys recovering from smacking each other... travelling two abreast, as slow as you like... evasive action... fence.. bye splitter...

struggled another lap, pitted for a new one, then i'm amongst the field coming thru and i'm like, hell i'm doing this for another 45 minutes... meh...

Could have been better
Qualy looked promising with a 5th
Sustained some damage in the first lap melee which affected the steering , So I pitted for repairs which took over a minute .
rejoined 21st.
Slowly worked my way up to 16th ish with a difficult car,and now 70 litres fuel ,when at about 1/2 distance I was disco'd.
But it was fun while it lasted.
Terry

Here is a scary notion that I have come up with about "playing it safe".

At the start of this race, my plan was simply to follow through with the field and only pass when 100% sure I could do so. As I am "playing it safe" there are 17 or so cars pushing on me which makes me rethink. The harder I try and keep it safe early on the more at risk I feel of being the victim of an early race situation. Im not aiming this towards anyone, but this is how ive been feeling when trying to take it easy in the early going.

I for one would love a race where there are no first lap incidents and everyone gets a chance to move up through the field when things are a little more spaced out. ESPECIALLY with these cars, when there is 23 of them jammed together, it is inevitable someone will accelerate too hard and spin. These cars are a very fine line between control and out of control.

This track was extremely wide open with only 2 real tight corners, and within the first lap both corners were littered with cars. Not fun.

• Matt Alpeter

Might I start by saying I am in love with this track and these insane fast cars!

Qualy: Played a safe lap and made sure to hit all my marks which led me to 10th place.

Race: I have the smoke and dust addon so the start was just white for me..a jump by Jan took my attention and I nearly missed the lights, but I hit the gas and prayed everyone got off their lot ok. Got down to the hairpin and cars everywhere so I decided to go wide left and into the next turn I was 5th. Then Mike and I had a great long distance battle about 2sec apart from eachother and I was trying desperately to keep him there. My forte was the front stretches..I flew down those things like no tomorrow and put about +.5sec on Mike, but then he always came back in the second half of the track. Around half way or so I began to make small mistakes and eventually Mike caught up and was able to pass me. I decided that it would be better to pit early and get some good tires than to make more stupid mistakes...so I pitted on lap 12. I waited for Matt on the pit exit and took off in chase of him. I caught up to him pretty quickly and passed him in the hairpin. Passed all the pitters and was in 5th again. A few laps later I passed someone in the pits and was in 4th.

Then came the big scare of the night. With about 8min left I was hauling bakon down the front stretch and came up on Christian..maybe he didn't see me or something but I came up on the inside of a very fast curve..and so did he lol. A quick checking of the brake system and dropping a few gears fixed that and I was off to finish the race in 4th.

Great race everyone and once again thank you!

qualyfief midfield which was nice as untill i joind i didnt know the track and have little experience with the cars. unfortunately i forgot it was super pole and had made changes between sessions ond feuled up to run a few before going for gold. oh well, what can you do.

got thru most of the carnage early on running 9-11 as it settled down. just found somebody to race with and they dumped out of game halfway thru a turn as a few others did right at the same time. was fairly lonely till the pitstops and even more lonely after that. unfortunately missed my target of not being lapped on the last lap. pushed a bit too hard to try and get away and paid for it. 8th overall a lap and a couple of seconds down.

tracks nice we should do with slower cars sometime, keep the grid together. xtremes are looney.

Great race that, started from pole so i was able to avoid the first lap chaos and had a pretty quiet race until i came up behind John. Not sure if he saw me or not, but i wasn't sure which side to go past so i ended up hitting his car which spun me round and i stalled it. Lost 12 seconds and started to chase the cars infront down again. I then made a stupid mistake after pitting which lost me a load more time so then i decided to try to go for the win. Patrick got a stop go so he had to pit twice which made up for my bad luck near the start and this allowed me to take the lead. Patrick was closing down lap by lap which started to worry me coming onto the last lap. Down the back straight he managed to catch up enough to get alongside coming out of the second to last corner, we went side by side around the last corner, but my lower wing setting allowed me to pull ahead enough to take the win by a tenth of a second!

• Matt Crouch

well that was interesting

First lap was a bit of chaos... I started 12th. Matt in front of me got off the grid a little late. I responded a bit slow and braked to avoid. Sorry to tim behind me as I think you slowed to be careful to avoid me only to find someone in the back of you. And also to Jan as I moved out on the first corner sharper than intended when I saw someone coming back on the track.

After the hairpin I was up to 6th. A couple of turns later oliver must have missed his braking point and came past me into the wall, ended up with a small nudge but no biggy. Just noticed on the replay I bounced into the way of mike curran on the way out of this - sorry.

Into the penultimate corner of the first lap I got a nudge by Keith which cost me a couple of places, and I finished the first lap in 10th place.

Span a couple of times between then and the 14th lap, which after the other disconnects put me in 11th. Got to my planned pit on lap 14 and completely lost the braking points I had planned for the pit. Flew into the pit way to fast, into a garage and got wedged between two garage walls. Race over for me.

Was quite enjoying it better thap 2 and 14 anyway :)

And thanks for the setup Bob - definitely helped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back