RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Kieran Mcgeachy

Hi all,

First race

Qualified 13th i think and finished 13th, was a really tight race thoroughly enjoyed it.

Second race

Qualified 15th got to 4th lap and the car started chugging, i looked at the fuel guage and i forgot to put fuel in, RAGING lol

Thanks to RD and simon for the event, looking forward to the next race :)

Sprint - Qual: 2nd Finish: 2nd

Got the jump on Erik from the lights for the lead to T1 and tried hard to pull away,it was sort of working until i almost went off very sideways at T2,Keith was now on my back bumper with Patrick in tow,Pat got a move on Keith and as my tyres started to fail much earlier than i would like he got passed me easily after i scrambled wide and slow,i had no challenge left for Patrick,the main concern was Keith closing in,it looked like he was suffering the FWD tyres curse as well so i held 2nd.
Feature - Qual: 4th Finish: DNF
Another good start got me up behind Pat and into 2nd for T1 with Keith chasing close,followed Pat a couple of laps until he had one of his rare mistakes allowing me into the lead,Keith made it through as well,then he had a moment allowing Pat back through,i was enjoying my setup tweaks hoping for better tyre life and do a late as possible stop for just fronts and no fuel.........unfortunately my PC had other ideas,,and i had another big hard reset Crash!! from a 1.4 secs lead of the race :pissed-off:.
I really hope my problem didnt affect Pat following me.
Well done everyone i had the pleasure of close contact free racing with this evening.
Cheers Si and RD :)

• Erik Åhlen

Hiii :D Haven't touched the game in a few weeks, so my driving was a bit poor ;O

race 1: Started from 1st, but made a very bad start and was seventh before first corner. Then went off at the hairpin and came back last. Worked my way up to 10th I think.

Race 2: Second this time, but once again a poor start and dropped to fifth, then once again drove off at the hairpin dropping to 12th-13th. Worked my way up to fourth. Then when I was going to do my pit stop I somehow missed the entrance lol :) Retired...

Race 1: qualified stone last. Start was ok, did a few laps and was in P13, then disconnected.

Race 2: qualified P9. Race started. Made up positions and ended up in P5. The Audi was killing the tyres and got passed again by a few cars after having no traction. Erik when you caught up to me I was trying to tell you to pass as you were much quicker but couldn't hit the pass me quick chat...LOL... Pitted and changed 4 tyres as my hadeling was terrible. The Peugot spun in the S's and I had no where to go and hit it...sorry.... then going down to the hairpin I got rearer ended, I'm not sure by who (will watch reply and check) car was damaged and puncture so I retired. I must admit i can't believe how I struggled with the Audi tonight, I ddi alot of practice in the week and could run comfortbly in the 1:07,8. It just felt like I had no traction tonight and I chowed tyres.
Puzzled..???? Thanks Simon, see you all at the next round...back to my Honda then

:(

Sprint - Qual: 2nd Finish: 2nd

unfortunately my PC had other ideas,,and i had another big hard reset Crash!! from a 1.4 secs lead of the race :pissed-off:.
I really hope my problem didnt affect Pat following me.

It didn't affect me Gary. Bad to hear that your computer crashed :( It could have been a very nice battle. :(

1st race was nice, didn't have a good start, but after Keith and Gary made a little mistake, I could pass them, and finished 1st.
2nd race I had a good start, but I made a mistake and Gary could pass. I followed him for a few laps, and then suddenly his computer crashed. :(
After that it was a lonely race, although at the end Karl and Thierry came closer because my front tires were completely gone. I finished 1st with a gap of 7 seconds to Karl.

This evening the racing was very clean, thanks to all for that, and see you all next time.:good:

I had some great battles tonight, race 1 is a bit hazy but I think Grant & Thierry were the two people I had some great battles with, can't believe I lost out to Thierry on the final corner.
Race 2 I had great battles with Herwin & Chris, so big thanks to you guys which made this a fantastic race evening.

S60 setup I had was brilliant and while faded towards the end of the feature race I wasn't too far off. Will post that soon.

Great event! Job well done by the organizers :dance2:

I had a great qualification for race 1, I think I started in 4th. A bit tight up to T1 after the green light, lost a few positions as I was "sandwiched" between two cars...

But still, a nice and clean race! Super exciting and fun :laugh2: Had some great racing with James Yates and Ross Balfour. Ross held me up a little but eventually he made a small error in the hairpin that made me pass him cleanly. Chased James for the latter part of the race, it was rather fun to see him struggle with the BMW as his tires wore off lap by lap. There were a few times that he was so close to lose the car, but somehow he managed to regain control of it. Well done James! :wink2:

The qualification for the feature race didn't go as well as the sprint Q. I made it to 7th on the grid, once again the inside line. This time the start went a lot better ( at least for me). No impacts that I'm aware of. Made a few positions but later lost a few... one third in to the race I was suddenly in 3rd position chasing Thierry Marchand and Patrick Duivelaar. Caught up to Thierry and realized that I was a wee bit faster than him. Tried to overtake, but as the track is so narrow and twisty it was neigh impossible:bulgy-eyes:. If I'm not mistaken I think I touched Thierry a little, and because of this I backed off. So sorry for that one Thierry, hope you're alright :shame:

Made my pit stop on lap 20, had planned only to change the rear tires but quickly adapted my strategy to change all four. This proved to be a good strategy as I quickly closed the gap to Thierry, this time I made a clean pass :curl-lip:

I finished the race in second place
:victory:
Kind regards,
Karl

• Christian Deparis

hi Cam

Name on RD forum/in game:Christian Deparis
Your Country:France
Control:G25
Car:I will choose to morrow
Special remarks:***

Started in 8th for the sprint race and got a great start which moved me up the field. This allowed me to make a decent gap from Karl and Ross so i was able to drive quite comfortably for about 7-8 laps. Towards the end the car started to slide more and more which allowed Karl to really close on me - he then got past and i finished in 5th with 44% on the left rear tyre!

Started in 4th for the feature race, after doing my PB by .5 seconds in qualy. Got a poor start and didn't manage to gain much with the BMW off the line and this combined with backing off a little early for the first corner lost me a bit of time and meant i once again had people chasing me. About 10 laps in the tyres were already down to about 70% and i was pushing hard to try and keep ahead, then i spun and lost my concentration. After that spin i couldn't get my concentration back - probably a bit tired because i didn't really get enough sleep the night before, so i decided to stop and quit rather than hit someone.

The 6 speed BMW i was racing only had a 45L fuel tank, so i would have struggled to finish the race without filling up with fuel - seems simbin forgot about a few cars which basically makes them useless unless the race is very short. One other thing i noticed was Simbin seem to have made it so the FWD cars can brake as late as the BMW's now - i remember in the WTCC league the BMW was able to brake much much later than anything else.

• Matt Alpeter

I have a big problem...had a fun long race with Bram and some guys, left to change my car for the next race and now I can't see any servers...help!

i restarted my computer, restarted steam, i can get online fine, just can't see any servers...what do i do????

edit: deleted the *.blob files and restarted steam.. all is well again!

• Chris Rodgers

Logitech G25 complete with Saitek Gamepad mounted in the upper center of the wheel...

Haha, that's actually a really cool way of avoiding having to grapple for the buttons on the stick shift - nice work :)

Think I'll go with the Corvette here, wanted to go with something more exotic but it just seems to go so well around here after a quick sighter in each...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes