RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

That only applies if you already had it installed.. well, a while ago ;) If you try to install the DLC now, it will finish within seconds, without downloading anything - and thus, without actually installing anything at all.

It's also a known problem (hence the disastrous reviews for the DLC), but S3S/SimBin doesn't seem to care about that DLC too much ;)
Bringing up this topic again & retracting that bit I just quoted ;)

It is actually possible to still install the Crowne Plaza DLC - instead of downloading/installing it normally, you have to click THIS LINK (and possibly allow your browser to redirect it to steam).
Steam will now queue anupdate for the DLC that you'll have start manually by selecting "Downloads" instead of "Games" next to the search bar in your steam library and then starting the download - it should now download & install as once intended :)

The races were both fun for me, had some nice fighting in the middle. Unfortunately I had a freeze too in race 1, all sound went away, a few seconds after it everything froze, and came back with max.volume scaring me, so I lost control. In race 2 I had another spin in Villeneuve, but it was just a mistake, I shifted too early.

Overall it was great fun, it felt really nice to race again! :) I'll try to do some more this year.

Thanks Dennis and RD for the event! And once more, happy new year to everyone! :)

all the times I was laped and had a crash was because i tried to move to other line.
moving to a slower line means breaking early... then the fastest car hits me!! go see the replays....
most of times the cars laping me weren't fighting for position.
as soon as I got the blue flag, i moved to other line, nevertheless, it was needed to hit me...! I think forcing a laped car going to the grass when it was not needed is stupid.

R1 was great, had a battle with Yves in the first couple of laps. Shortly tried to defend against Dewald. After that, Björn started to put pressure on me, he was about half a second faster in the lower part of the track, whilst I was half a second faster going up and down the hill. I started getting a bit closer to April in the final couple of laps, although it wasn't enough. P3 was a great result to start off my simracing 2015!

R2, had a great start and managed to overtake a one or two cars even before T1. Followed the leading pack with Dennis, Reggie, Dewald and Björn? Managed to get closer pretty quickly because of the fighting up ahead and when I had a better exit than Dennis, my ISP gave up yet again.

Had a great evening though, just wish it would've lasted a bit longer! :p

Here's what I achieved so far:

Reik Major BMW E90 Extreme (WTCC Extreme) - 6:11.670"
Reik Major BMW M3 GT2(GTS) - 6:56.042"
Reik Major BMW M3 GTR (GTS) - 6:54.709"
Reik Major BMW M3 E30 (WTCC87) -
7:18.210"

I hope I get the chance for another run this weekend to test some other cars too.

Attachments

• Reik-BMW-87.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 299
  • Reik-BMW-GTR.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 271
  • Reik-BMW-GT2.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 306
  • Reik-BMW-Extreme.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 302
That was a great race after my holiday absence! Qualified fifth or so, and had a ton of close friendly racing in the first half of the race. Pitted for 2 right sides, but had a total of two stop and goes, so I needed to make three stops :confused:!! However, I was not the only one with such problems, others got them as well. Eventually raced my way to fourth and managed to hold Istvan Milbich off for the position.

Thank you everyone for the awesome racing I wish you all the best in this new year :thumbsup:

That was a bit of a write off. Had a silly spin at Aque Minerali on lap 1, undoing the progress I'd made by staying out of trouble. A few laps later, it all got a bit close with @Dennis Phelan and @Nuno Rodrigues, which led to me and Dennis tangling and me getting collected by @Reggie Blain Snr. I pitted as soon as the window opened to repair the fairly considerable suspension damage.

B6YEqEPCYAA-duR.jpg:large

Later, I got a stop/go for staying perfectly within track limits at Tamburello, and clumsily hit a spun @Aleksander Pienkowski when my brain stopped working. In the end, I was chasing Reggie Snr, and I came very close to passing him when he had to serve a stop/go of his own. Another lap and I probably would've got past, but in the end he beat me by about a second.

Another great grid, another great race, thanks for racing, everyone! :)

I had only put in a 4-5 laps yesterday in order to figure out fuel so when I went onto the server, tyres, gears and overall handling were still waiting to be taken care of - oh my was I feeling uncomfortable for the first few laps :confused:
However, I got quicker and quicker, and while I didn't quite reach the times of @Aaron Channer and @Reggie Blain (as usual ;)), I was pretty happy and managed to carry the speed into qualifying - P3, with @István Milbich and @Nelson Ullinskey lurking behind me.

A good start helped me defend 3rd place, but it took an early spin from Aaron into T3 to gain a position.
RUGsKdD.jpg

Both Reggie and I had to take a small detour in the aftermath, so Istvan and the rest of the pack got reaaally close going into Tosa/T7.
Having the inside, however, I got by Reggie and took the lead.
GKk6DC1.jpg

Istvan got by him, as well, but soon enough, Mr. Blain was back in P2 and chasing me down mercilessly. I did him (and possibly myself, as well, saving seconds to be lost in a fight?) a favour by spinning out going into Acque Minerali and off he was - fortunately, I didn't lose any further positions.
4w9lwZR.jpg

It's not like my race turned boring now, though - due to nobody holding him off, @Arunas Linkevicius got into P3 and closed in on me quickly ;) However, he didn't quite manage to close the gap entirely, so it was me pitting at half time that did the trick.
WZIjraB.jpg

While he went on, I got out directly behind Istvan and @Thomas Alderton, who were now in P4/P3 respectively. However, both went in for their stops right afterwards and carrying enough speed out of the final turn, I was fairly happy to get by Arunas, who also pitted, again :D
dFa9wxQ.jpg

Uuuuunfortunately for me, our fight turned out to be all to short, as I went for a re-enactement of my previous T9 mishap - but once again, I didn't lose too much time, so there still was hope...
or was there? With my tyres getting worn, another off in Piratelly/T8 broke my suspension and my hopes.
uOmMoXk.jpg

But then I got live coverage from around the start/finish area that Arunas had gone into pits to serve a SnG penalty - P2 was possible again, and indeed, I juuust got by him when he went out again!
We had a really nice last-minute fight, and taking the inside line throughout most of the last lap, I managed to keep him behind me - nice stuff!
AIIbMjO.jpg

See you at Riverside, guys!

Action filled and fun packed are a couple of ways to talk about today's event. No doubt there are those wishing Simbin had never put this track in the locations folder. It is a fun track to drive but the marshalling of corners could be a bit better for sure. Sigh, it's just too bad that in the later version the cut penalties are the same, no changes.

My well tuned Mini had a proper fit but is limited by the hands and feet that push it around, I could do my best time but once again no improvement by making changes to the car. I ended up with a decent !ap in Q and was all ready for the race as in all the practice I hadn't picked up too many cuts, practice, practice, practice, aim for the track not the curbs!

I was overly cautious at the start and ended up crawling thru the fist chicane in last or so. Tragedy struck a few on the opening lap and I took advantage when I could but on L2 I got all wriggly at Aqua Mineralli and was forced to take a big cut. Only a lap or so later I came up on Campbell and nudged him around at Piratella and hoped I could straighten him out by moving up to his front fender and pushing but it was to no avail and he spun and we both lost many places. Most of the rest of the drive was pacing,and listening to those calling out SnG's while I tried to stay clean. A pit for all four tires followed by a second cut warning as I took my attention away from racing while at Aqua Mineralli once again. More SnG's by others changed my situation and for a bit brought racing ack into the game with Aaron and Thomas battling behind me but catching more SnG's along the way. Lucky for me I avoided the third cut and made it "safely" home.

Boy, TS was really fun today guys, even though there was no commentary the chat provided a good idea of what was happening. Good numbers too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes