RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qualified P5 and well happy with that.
RACE 1: Had a good start, held position. Couple rubbing is racing through the first few coners, but then everything settled down. At the top of the hill Rhys went wide and came back on the track and we were side by side. I couldn't actually see where he was and we ended up touching and going off. waited for him, but he seemed to have beeched the Alfa..LOL Rhys. did a few laps just to check setup and then retired.

RACE 2: Started second last, but had a nice start and made up 1 or 2 positions. On lap 3 I was right behind Cam when I had a huge lag and dropped right back again. At lap 5 I was at the tail of a 6 car battle for P3 which was a lot of fun. I was fight ing with Cam when in T1 there was a little drifting going on and Cam braked and I almost when right though him, I had such a fright I shook the whole table and messed my coke all over. Anyway we got through the drifting and carried on with our battle. Lap 10 I had a great slip form Cam and got along side but just didn't have the goons to keep it down in T1. we went side by side for a few corners but eventually Cam held on and i finished P6.

I really enjoyed the second race, it was awesome. Thans for organising this event and and well done to the podium. :)

Qualy: Was not too good, qualified with a 1:29.1xx, was faster yesterday by .5 secs. Was I 8th, thought was more back!

Race 1: Lap 1 was ok till the sharp left turn before the downhill! Sorry Andrew, but there was no where I could go , I was much faster in that moment than you and you made a sharp left to avoid Simon. But you anyway came much better out of it than I. Dropped from 8th to 16th. Having now Cam in front of me.We shortly got David L. between us, also good racing, due to the fight between Cam and David, David did not make it 100% well through one corner so I was back to Cam bumper.I got Cam when he went a little wide on the last turn. While I was trying to get Eric, Cam and I had another nice moment, when we went parallel through the corners before the downhill, both carefully, great racing!
Taking over Eric was nice as well, he went wide in one of the left turns after the uphill segment, was only able to get next to him which put him in a bad position for the fast right hander as he was on the inner line and had to brake more and had to go wide, that's where I got him :). Then I saw Cam and Eric fighting in my mirror. My other eye saw Wally in front of me coming close, my virtual third eye was panic full watching my Real Time Telemetry screen and my two right tires dieing... Was just hoping that the finish line would come faster. When I entered the last lap my tires were nearly dead, the gravel in T1 gave them the rest. They were still existing but 0 grip and I was feeling the dragging in the wheel. For more than half of that lap I though I could hold Cam behind me, but finally he got me! Great racing!! Finished 10th!

Race 2: Had a little bumpy lap 1, including a fault of myself. T-Man was driving a little bit away from the drive line therefore he had to brake harder for one of the turns, which I underestimated and hit him, sorry!!! So finished lap 1 again as 16th as I prepared to wait, but he actually made it still through the corner. But knowing the track was only a question of time, till I had again somebody in reach. It was Wally after T1 of lap 2 :). Eric and David joined us for some laps, first David dropped out in T1. For quite some time we were racing bumper to bumper (Eric, Wally and I, David and Marty joining). At some point I thought Wally would go a little wide, so I jumped to the inner line nearly made it well, but my oversteering car was giving Wally a tap. Sorry I only saw this now in the replay clearly! Was not clean, I should have waited!!!! Marty passed you as well and got me in the next corner but went off track at some point. But Marty came back and basically I had to hold him off during the last lap, with which I NEARLY failed, got again 10th.

Great racing!

Wasn't that the point Ben? You only got to use the Cats once each.

I think the point he was trying to make was that if you were in a FBMW which cannot keep up on a straight you have to try some risky passes mid corner if you want to gain a position. At Imola i couldn't overtake anyone because up the straight i was left standing but into every corner i would be straight onto their bumper but there wasn't any room to get past without punting them off.

First of all I want to say a big sorry to Rafael for pushing off line when he was in first place in the second race. I took him and myself out of contention at the front. Sorry Rafael.

Qualified P1 (First time on pole in RD race} Think it was 1:27.9

Race-1
Made a great start and had M. Herrmann and M Stead in towe. Felt them close for several laps. We got a gap right away. After pushing hard the second half of the race I managed about a 2 second gap from Herrmann in 2nd and Stead in 3rd. We finished in that order. Really enjoyed the fight at the front with Michael and Michael.

Race-2
Started well again. Little pushing for position 1st lap. I got up to second place behind Rafael who was on a good pace. I got a little to close and got into his back pushing him wide. He went to the left and I went to the right and waited for him to go by. When I came back on in the last turn I got in the way of Rhys who sent me off course. Rhys Thanks for waiting but I came back on in your way I think. Finished up in 11th and I saw Rafael got 7th instead of a possible win (my fault). Another great race with the other side of the globe on RD! Congrats to Michael Herrmann for overall win and to Michael Stead for race 2 winn. Marty

I'm glad people seemed to enjoy it, and as this was the first go, there will inevitably be tweaks/refinements. I'm sick I missed it to be honest.

Basically - if you enjoyed this one, think how much fun it will be after the lessons learned here get applied.

I don't think less races are the way to go - 4 is right in my opinion - not enough variety in cars otherwise. Maybe shorter practice sessions and 5 minute superpoles with shorter tracks to keep things moving? (Snetterton loooool).

Tracks that breed close hectic racing? Like Brands Indy, Zandvoort Club, Monza Junior, Magny National, Valencia National, Knockhill, Knutstorp etc?

The thing there Ryan is that if you go for too short a track, then the advantage for the straight line speed merchants goes away completely, and you need to make people think about cars for courses - if it becomes plainly obvious what tracks would suit what cars, then you get 4 races where everyone picks the same car, and it turns into just 4 races.

If you pick 4 short tracks, then there's no point picking the high powered Cats or GT's, as they will lose time in the corners to FBMWs, Rads, whatever, and not have enough straight to make the top speed count.

The thing there Ryan is that if you go for too short a track, then the advantage for the straight line speed merchants goes away completely, and you need to make people think about cars for courses - if it becomes plainly obvious what tracks would suit what cars, then you get 4 races where everyone picks the same car, and it turns into just 4 races.

If you pick 4 short tracks, then there's no point picking the high powered Cats or GT's, as they will lose time in the corners to FBMWs, Rads, whatever, and not have enough straight to make the top speed count.

I totally agree with you Stuart
But wouldn't it be better to say these are the cars in this order

Just want to apologise to David Lemon the turn 1 race 1, I thought you were sticking to the middle of the track not the inside and when I realised it was too late and couldn't back out. Sorry.
Didn't wait because I didn't think I had caused it to be honest as I just got squeezed out of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back