RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

A good number of drivers showed up to attack this "enchanting" course. Thanks to you all for coming! A good number finished the race also, very commendable. OH, the first lap, everyone got through, astonishing!

I didn't want trouble for myself so I stayed out of the way for a while. Ahead, a tight group, Nuno, István and Daniel who took off by himself as soon as I caught them. István then missed T3. I bumped one of the walls hard and it upset my suspension a bit but no bent steering wheel. I expected some "moments" while experiencing this new setup and it caused me to miss T2 allowing my shadow Nuno to pass. Figured out what it took to maintain and just tried to keep Dave Morley in sight then he pitted. I came out of the pit one lap later to chase Nuno until he began ramming bits of barrier and wall. He allowed me ahead and then for the rest of the race did his best to chase me down, most always staying about one second behind.

So, overall an interesting race with people about. Good chat going on TS as we had about half the field chatting there.

@Kevin Bradley make sure you're using the "virtual mirror" and not the wing mirrors one each side of the car. The virtual gives a far greater viewing angle, about 45 degrees each side to the rear. They're the standard for multiplayer.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip Dennis. I will check my settings and change to virtual mirrors if they are not set to that already.

Doesn't explain why I couldn't see Arunas in front of me once he had got past though? That's why I thought it could maybe be a connection issue of some sort? Weird. What's even weirder is he was clearly there on my replay when I checked back!

Anyway, fortunately whatever it was didn't affect the outcome of the race.

Complete disaster :poop:

A both P1 and P2 I felt that this was going to be one those races when you fight more with the car, than other opponents. I had few issues with braking and I didn't feel that I had that "bite" in my tires.
But towards the end, I were still okay-ish with handling.

Then Q came, and I just wanted to bring a decent time to the table.
Well, that didn't work. On my "Hotlap" , out of nowhere came @Peter Ell and I started to get nervous.
I know Peter is far more faster than me, and I wanted to let him pass, but at the same time I also wanted to do a fast lap. Having someone faster and behind you, and trying to figure out a good spot to let him pass, while still keep the speed up, just makes you go slower. At least at Macau :laugh:

Race one:
I have always felt that I can execute a good start, but not today.
It wasn't a bad one, but sure wasn't one of my the best ones either.

But, I had a plan, to use drafting to keep up with the others.
Well, without even noticing, me and @István Milbich scraped some paint:
at the start, but nothing major happen.

2014_11_14_00001.jpg

At T2, @Peter Ell clipped the right wall, and I were right behind him.

2014_11_14_00002.jpg

2014_11_14_00003.jpg

2014_11_14_00004.jpg

I was 100% sure my race would be ruined at that point.
But by pure luck, we didn't crash into each other,
But the marginal must been like, 1 millimeter, and the race was still on.

Moments later, out of nowhere comes @István Milbich and passes me:

2014_11_14_00005.jpg

However, I felt I were faster, but I miscalculated Istvans driving a little.
At the 2nd "S" corner, he drifted out wide, and I saw my chance to pass him. But since he bumped the left wall, he kinda "flew out a bit" and arrived right in front of me. So I decided to go for his other side, but what I didn't saw at the time, was that edge on the left side, so I slammed my breaks, but unfortunately, I carried to much speed and bumped his rear:

2014_11_14_00007.jpg

2014_11_14_00006.jpg

2014_11_14_00009.jpg

You can say it was an unlucky luck, but in the process, I also manage to bump into his front,
thus turning his car towards the right way:

2014_11_14_00010.jpg

This made it possible for @Peter Ell to pass both of us:

2014_11_14_00011.jpg

My biggest fear came true right after all this, and a few moments later,
I couldn't stop my car, and bumped this wall:

2014_11_14_00012.jpg

This made it possible for @Damian Millett and @István Milbich to pass me.
While unfortunately, @Nuno Rodrigues crashed into me.
But we both got going, and race was underway once again.

On lap 2, I were behind @István Milbich once again, and used drafting to get close to him.
At T3, I both outbraked him and myself :roflmao:
So that little joy I felt, were soon gone when he once again passed me.

But I were soon close to him again, and tried to find spot to pass, but he defended hard, and to be honest, It was probably only in my imaginary land that I thought I could pass him.
I mean, hello, Macau!

At lap 3 I felt I had him, but I had to lift my foot on the gas at T2.
I really wanted to pass him, since I had the speed with me, but I didn't want to cause any trouble so I decided just to let it go and look for another moment.

It came right after T2, and we were now side by side.
And at T3 I outbraked him again, and passed him:

2014_11_14_00013.jpg

Now, the hunt for @Damian Millett began, who wasn't that far ahead. So I slowly got closer and closer to him. At the end of Lap 4, a mistake came from him, and he drifted out wide. However, this would be another accident that I got involved with. On the way back to the racing line, Damian slammed the left wall, and his car just appeared in front of me. Which lead to me crashing into him.

2014_11_15_00005.jpg

2014_11_15_00006.jpg

2014_11_15_00007.jpg

A few seconds later I lifted my foot from the gas pedal, since I started thinking to myself
"what does the rules says about this" but I decided to keep going.
There were nothing I could do, and if I get punished, so be it. :unsure:

I am now up in 6th place, and I spent rest of the time all by myself. I think I pitted 1st, and was hoping to gain something from that, but not today. When everybody had done their pitstops,
I were now in P5 (I passed someone while they were doing their stop in the pit),
which also were my final position.

Overall I enjoyed the event, but I will never like these cars :ninja:

Man I have some seriously bad luck. As soon as I hit the button to go to the grid for the race I heard my G27 disconnect and then it recalibrated. After that the game wasn't accepting any of my inputs, and at this point the lights were all lit so I had to either sit there until I got it to work and risk ruining the race of the drivers behind when they inevitably crashed into my rear bumper or quit. I guess there's always next week.

Macau is this :poop: or this :)
Macau is perfect or is disappointment, for those who want high results... others have good fun.
For these races, STCC and MINIS, in Macau, I also, hold in my hands the same stinking :poop: .....Daniel.
I love Macau regardless of what results I have succeed.
These are races, this is life...:),:(,:confused:,:cry:,:thumbsup:,:sleep:,:devilish:,:roflmao:.
I loved that Nelson, Arunas and Bjorn enjoyed the race on the top of the grid.
And I didn't like the fact that I was driving alone in 4th position like Daniel in
5th even though I had the same lap times with the top three drivers.

Thank you guys for racing with you.
Thanks Dennis for this great track.

Sorry Bjorn, sorry Daniel,I dont think that is your fault or my fault about what happened in Quals, we found ourselves blocked (trappy) in time.
There was no time to make a safe gap, because we didn't had leftover time for second Qual lap.

Last edited:
In that case, watch out for Formula BMW (might as well be this event ;)) and Formula Master events, those are excellent entry-level open wheelers which should be controllable within a few training sessions :)

Great race last night . My only real error was made in the pit by taking on fuel as well as tyres , Cost me vital seconds. Also lost 4 places after being tapped by P Linder , not his fault I might add, as I'd bounced off the barrier so he had nowhere to go. Shame really as I was happy in 6th and holding my own and was about to let him pass on the long straight. Overall though happy now to be somewhat more of a competitor in the midfield of the race since getting to grips with tyre pressures which has definately brought down my lap times.
Cheers

Damo :0)

I must say, after a few laps with the FRR and FBMW, I could go for any of em.
I voted for FRR though, but that's because I like my cars like I like my sex acts.
Fast and over in a blink of an eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play