RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well that was great fun.
Only installed the mod and track this afternoon and did 18 laps to try it out, so was more than happy with a 4th place, specially after a couple of early problems.

Really enjoyed this and so happy I could make it.

Thanks for organising this Yves and Dennis.

I really should've practiced a race session/grip.

Did numerous smaller training sessions throughout the week (one or two "17-lappers" to get a feeling of the grip by pit-stop-time) and using Reik's setup with smaller adjustments, got a nice car going. I was driving around P5 during the practice sessions and alhtough I went with race fuel, kept that position in qualifying.

Although I practiced a start or a few in warmup, I managed to start lousy. Making it even worse, I tapped Bob's rear bumper into T1 and made him go on the grass - really sorry about that! :(
Fighting my way back, I wasn't just fighting drivers - I was having a hard time with the infamous race grip which resulted in numerous off (with one not getting out of the way in time which resulted in blocking off, again, Bob - sorry again :(). Putting my positions in the first few laps on a diagram, it would look like a saw, I'd assume ;)
Once I got kind of a feeling for the grip, my tyres started degrading. Great combination, right there ;) Realizing I won't be able to handle the grip and 4-6 more laps with these tyres, I switched to a 3-stopper spontaneously (changing the fuel level was a real pain though, I'll setup another preset for the next time :D).
With some lapping action and a few position changes (partly due do pitting), the rest of the race went by and I got up to P6 again. Nearing the end of the rest, I saw a chance of closing in on Alex in P5 as he was on a two-stopper and would thus have more degraded tyres towards the finish - I pushed hard after my last stop (once, going into T1, too hard - hello gravel!) and got up to him. Finally managed to pass him just a few kilometres before my tyres went down a level but nevertheless kept P5 to the end - although he did regain some seconds :)

Great fun, here's to more enduranc-ish events in the future - see you there!

Thanks Dennis & Yves for getting this going - although @Dennis Phelan's race was ended quickly, what happened there? :)

Last edited:
Massive thanks to @Dennis Phelan and @Yves Larose for organising this.

My debut went better than expected. I had completed a 1m30.3 once before tonight so to better that in qualifying was great. I was enjoying trying to keep wth @Reik Major until I hit the tyres, luckily it didn't put me completely out, but I lost lap-time due to damage. Subsequently made some more mistakes that put me into the clutches of Yves and @Bob Miley. Wasn't too happy when Michel Belet numerously blocked/stopped me from lapping him for a few laps, even challenging me into the first corner at one point causing me to go off on the exit. Luckily I was far enough ahead of the guys behind, so it didn't lose me any positions.

Thought I may be able to stay with Reik after qualifying, but he proved to be ridiculously too fast, a massive congrats. :)

Thanks all for a great night racing.

As far as débuts go, I think mine went fairly smoothly :D

Quali: 16th of 17. Yeah...

Race: Gained 9(!) positions on lap 1, then threw most of them away a few laps later. Still, by not crashing (except for a little crash about halfway through which thankfully was only cosmetic), I was able to secure 9th. And quite frankly, I wasn't expecting to score top 10 at all. With fewer mistakes, I could have got 8th, though I think 7th was too much to ask for.
I never actually got into any real battles, which was a shame, but the car was great fun to drive, and that's a good challenging track without being stupidly technical.

The biggest shame though was @Campbell Wallis spinning on the last lap. Had he kept it pointing forwards, over the line he'd have been so far up my exhaust pipe he'd be in the manifold :)

Edit: Should also add my thanks to @Dennis Phelan and @Yves Larose. Time depending, this should be the first of many races I do here :D

That was immense! I had a strategy planned, and I was taking a "slow and steady hopefully finishes in the upper midfield" approach. It worked for all of about 5 laps, when I ran out of talent at the end of the back straight and got collected, giving me a puncture.

It was a recovery drive from there, and I never really had any close racing as I was out of sync with those around me (try as I might, I couldn't keep @Björn Golda behind for more than half a lap). After @Belet Michel hit trouble, I knew I would be racing @Dave Morley who was on a two stop and whom I was catching at about 3 seconds a lap. On the last lap I was 1.5 seconds behind, but I tried too hard and spun, confirming me as the last finisher in 10th.

Many thanks to @Dennis Phelan and @Yves Larose for the event. I love these long races and this was no exception

Not exactly how I expected my day to go but was certainly alot of fun while it lasted.
Qualify:
Managed to run a respectable time placing me 10th on the starting grid. With how fast most were running was pretty happy with it.
Race:
Got held up on the start dumping me back to 13th. Got a little ambitious trying to sneak under Joe in turn 1 but he shut the door which saw me clipping the curb giving me a little bit of a ride but managed to hold position. Some spinners moved me up into 11th. Had moved up to 9th completing the first lap. Spun myself around when I caught the grass coming to Tramonto dropping me down to 17th. I lost alot of time but was getting back on pace when coming out of Curva Del Rio I had a hard hit with Dennis sideways across the track. I got going again but with non of my damage able to be repaired with a pit stop car just wasn't responding well. Had moved into 14th by the 14th lap..lol..with Kingshott hot on my tail resulting in a nice battle for a few laps trying to hold him off. I caught the curb on 4 letting him pass. I got back on track but Kingshott spun at 5 sliding backwards back onto the track, I tried avoiding and almost got around him but he hit me on the side before I could get past. From there it just got continually worse with a tire puncture, a rear end feeling like it was on ice, no turn in then clipping the tire barriers at variante arena. Pitted trying to fix what I could but car was basically on crutches at that point and finally gave up when I tapped the wall on lap 23.
Again this was some great fun and I would definately be interested in running these again at another track, hopefully for the entire race.

Special thanks to Dennis & Yves for this event.

firstly, thanks @Yves Larose and @Dennis Phelan for organising. Was a great event. The cars are good fun to drive. Very grippy early on but the tyres go off a little after 5 laps and you have to start to really think, then you just have to hold on for dear life past 10 laps!

I started well from 7th and avoided @Björn Golda collecting @Bob Miley at turn 1, and then one of the Vodafone cars (not sure which) spinning at the turn at the end of the back straight. These incidents held everyone up and I spent the first stint in 3rd. @Joe Cannarozzo caught me toward the end when i whacked the tyres at the chicane, but no damage. Then I yo-yo'd with various guys between 3rd and 10th during my middle stint. In the end I couldn't hold off Bob and Bjorn and dropped from 4th to 6th. still, managed to finish 1 place higher than I started so that was a success!

Sorry to @Reik Major when you lapped me the first time, nearly knocked you off as i out-braked myself on the inside of the hairpin! glad you saw and avoided!

First i want to thanks @Dennis Phelan for allowing me to organise that kind of event and i wanna thank everybody that took part of the event.

Practices: i was running about the 5th fastest so i started to mofified my setup and try to improve but it was very hard.

Qualy: dropped some fuel and was able to improve and finally ended up in 4th place on the grid :)

Race: had a good start and was able to grab third place at T1 but i made a mistake a at the left hander at the end of the long straight and spun :( got back near last place so my first stint was all about moving up the field. after the first pitstop had to once again work my way up the field and caught up with @Bob Miley and i think it was @Alex Odell and we started a 3 way fight for third place which i came out on top :) after that it was all about managing my tyres and keeping it on the black stuff since all the ones i was racing were on a 3 stop strategy while i was on a 2 stop strategy. finished in third place and i'm happy with it :)

on the mod now, while using a very soft setup the tyres wear and the level of grip throught out the sessions is constant its another story when you use harder suspension settings so i have a question for you guy's, do you think that the mod need more works or your satisfied with how it was ?

I spun myself off track and though I waited, watching traffic, still manged to get stuck on track so @Robert Covey could collect me. So sorry for that Bob!

No worries. It is really hard to hold these cars and get control after a spin even if you come to a complete stop then feather the throttle its like you have it to the floor. Just wasn't expecting you where you ended up so had my foot on the throttle and didn't realize till last second you were gonna come across my path.

**** Just a side note prefer Rob :D

Last edited:
on the mod now, while using a very soft setup the tyres wear and the level of grip throught out the sessions is constant its another story when you use harder suspension settings so i have a question for you guy's, do you think that the mod need more works or your satisfied with how it was ?

I was very happy how the mod handled. It was a nice challenge to adapt driving to the changing behavior when tyres got worn. To me it felt natural that sliding increased due to loss of grip due to tyre wear. This required earlier braking, less hard turn in with smoother releasing of the brakes and smoother acceleration. Nice to counter steer here and there and to drive the car with brake and throttle.

All in all very good fun even when I was driving most of the race on my own.

PS: Lapping was made very easy by everyone - big thanks for the great awareness. :thumbsup:

I would like to use a touch harder suspsension, but that's only because I would be able to get that bit more out of the car during the race session.

Well, that's true for one or two quick laps. That's why I could drive a very agressive setup in qualy. But for the race it required a compromise between hard rear to make turning easier but not too hard to make rear tyres live long enough. I think that's the deal for real racing too (somehow).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back