RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Andrew Evans

muchos ta for this event, matey... was joyful albeit a disaster...

quallied waaaaaay back, about 20th... but in the last week i've had a major epiphany on starts and get an electric get away in r1... dodged a bit of the old carnage and was running sweetly in 9th... soon after there was the inevitable barrier action... car was pulling forcefully right after that... finally managed to crash it on the last corner and found myself outside the armco... drove half a lap before finding my way back onto the track... but twas all over by then...

r2 another electric start - this one caught me out... thought i was well clear of the guy in front but i guess these right-hand drives have a bit more metal on the left than i'm used to... tapped arsch and spun, thankfully the other guy was fine... then it just became repeat of the above...

ach well... these things aren't as fearsome as they used to seem and found new love for both these and the rads in the last week... roll on moar, gary sir!

• Razvan Pat

Great race! I managed a 6th place on the first race (after starting 12th). This is highly unusual for me when driving full grid events at RD :)

On second race I did a bubu though.. :disapointed: .. I was used to the breaks and tires from the last laps in the previous race, pushed a bit too hard and hit Neil Tennant causing him to spin. Sorry Neil.

Does anyone have the final standings? (Points from first race+points from second)

I'm absolutely delighted to have been given the opportunity to race tonight. Thanks Gary, a true gent.

Quallied 5th, started poorly n lost a few positions... made them back, and another. Running 4th, with 3 n a bit to go.. I hit the scenery. Scrambled to pit n repaired suspension, came out 17/18th.. finished 15th.

Starting 15th, and fluffed another start for race 2... again lost positions. I made it backthrough.. and thanks to some others misfortune.. I finished 7th.. n finally got a few points... lol.

Thanks again Gary and as usual, a thanks to RD.

• Matt Crouch

Phew. Congrats to everyone who finished..

Bit disappointed with my result but everyone around me kept it clean so am happy. :)

Quali - 21st, but with a personal best in the 2:02s :D Was starting to get the hang of oversteering round the corners to get some more speed up...

Race 1 - unfortunate shunt on the start line and I ended up going pretty slowly out of the start. Bit of a mess ahead of me at the hairpin but made it through okay and drove on for a couple of laps. Lost it slightly and had a pretty lonely race. Main highlight was seeing Andrew on the other side of the barrier (it's no use, you won't find me there) :D... Last person to cross the finish line in 19th

Race 2 - Much cleaner start that time was happy with the first few laps, made it up to thirteenth. Then with Nigel behind me my pedals decided to cut out and I ended up stuck on the hairpin. Managed to get back out in 21st place. Stayed at the back of the unlapped group for the rest of the race with the tyre wear starting to get to me, and my pedals cut out twice more. Crossed the finish line last again in 20th.

• Chris Noble

Qualified 19th which wasnt good! behind Andrew Evans.

Race 1:
Got a blinding start, but andrew didnt and aimed for the gap between his car and another and just as I got there they squeased up so I nearly spun! dam it, luckly no one hit me and carried on.
Came across Gary a couple of times after his off's and had a battle with Zoltan. I am sorry you fell off the tack, but I was carrying way more speed than you and went for the outside so you moved to the outside and then I moved to the inside and you did the same too late after I was beside you!
Finished 7th alongside Gary in 8th :)

Started 2nd and got a good start but gary got an even better one leaving me for dust! Had Ben Tusting on my tail through the 1st set of cornersleading up the the hairping.
Next a car 6 places back (Zoltan) steams up the inside and somehow manages to only take me out. I really hope this was an accident and not a revenge move for your own mistake on race 1.
This dropped me down to 15th or so battling with lots of cars all bunched up! sure there was some cheeky driving by certain drivers in front of me going really slow through the set of corners leading to the fast straight to back the pack up and so no one got a tow on them lol.
Had a battle with Stuart Thomson who was going quite slow and allowing the leaders to get away and eventually managed to get a decisive move on him into the 2nd to last corner. Managed to finish 5th in the end.

Good fun in these cars but hard to learn them! went much much faster in the races than I managed in qualifying.

Sorry Chris for the first hairpin of the second race! :beer:That was my fault! That was my first ever "normal" (non public server) online race and my first laps wit this car....I enjoyed it wery much.. No it wasn't a revenge, simply it was a concentrate problem...sorry again!!!

Qualification: 8th

Race1: had a great start, took p5. Then had a great battle with Michael, that not lasted long as I saw he lost control in the mirrors! After that I realised that Erc is too fast for me, then I chose to not risk anything and bring home 5th. But then Erc went off and I passed him, then finished 4th!

Race2: very nice race! In the first few laps I fought with Lee for p3, then I went off the track and came back behind Karl! Tried to catch him and I did, in lap 7 I was in a very good position. Then came the fight, which was one of the best fights I ever had! At the end of the race Karl said that I hit him twice, which I didn't noticed then watched the replay. Yes, we touched Karl, sorry for that, but it really wasn't too much! As I said I didn't even noticed, but as I watched on replay, you were able to continue normally too! After the 1st you even passed me back, then 2nd time you were again in a good position at the end of the finish straight, so much actually that I left space for you, but then you braked, and in the next(?) corner you went off the track.

So back on race report, after that I just brought my 5th place home!
Really nice race!

The races were skillz McGill. :good:

Great cars, great track. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

Qualified in a pb about halfway up the field, finished about halfway in both races.

First race, took avoiding action and got a tap, and went back to almost last, had a load of fun getting back to halfway.

Second race, had a good start, avoided a little fracas, up to about 8th where my inherent lack of anything resembling talent let some of the quicker lads through - my only down side was making it a bit too easy by worrying what they were going to do rather than just driving my lines. And I understand now that I was going "quite slow", apparently.

All in all, a triumph of an event.

Rads round Nordschleife anyone? :D

atleast i now know there no win for me in the first three corners and in the last corner , there i m as fast as you ryan hehe , the problem is in between hehe ... but i found it really usefull , i see now i can take some corners higher speed i thought , hope it shows on track.

have a pind mate :beer:

Qual: Pole Finish: 8th

The qually battle with Mitja was great,he always set the benchmark time to try for,it took a lucky bit of drafting from Bob Miley with seconds to spare i stole pole! :D.
Got a good enough getaway to have clear run into T1,ofcourse as i expected,Mitja was following closely,he got a better run down the back straight and made a nice outbraking pass at the end of it,my turn to follow close!,at the tight hairpin i actually outbraked myseld slightly,then turned into a passing opportunity,Mitja seen me and left me plenty of room so i took the inside,but i got on the power a bit too soon and drifted out left a bit a touched Mitja's car,then found myself slewing off stage right slamming into the hay bails that are made of concrete :D,all of my front end flew off and i got the usual suspension damage radio guy...dropped way way down,i dont know what made me continue really,i was sure the car was going to be not moving after the crash,although it felt a bit wonky pulling left,it was still very driveable and i enjoyed my claw back,and with the help of Eck pitting in,i got 8th finish :).
Race2 from pole again i got a good clean start and nailed all the corners nicely and pulled an early comfort zone,and just built on it lap after lap,got it up to about 9 secs then took it a bit more easy to the finish for a happy happy win in the Jim Clark(R.I.P.) skinned Lotus....lovely.
A bit annoyed to throw away the chance for a big long battle with Mitja,well done winning and a pleasure to race with you....briefly(im sure Mitja overall winner Benny with a 1st and 4th,he left before result came up).
Well done all podiums,and ofcourse all survivors and finishers tonight,hope you all had some racing fun.
Pending feedback we might just have to have another thrilling installment of......."Spirit of 67"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes