RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Ha, I sure hope so, 1:12.XXX's should be possible IMHO :)

Currently, I'm kinda drifting around T1 & T2 (not counting the first slight right-hand bend), which is (for me, at least) likely the fastest way around these. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at drifting, so following good, old hotlapping tradition, I'm doing lots of restarts :D After hopefully not spinning out after the chicane, the rest's pretty easy ;)

Rather than start a new thread, I will ask a question here.
I would like to run an event, Time Trial, using the SimBin Formula RaceRoom that was a free download when you signed up at the now extinct RaceRoom.net. It cannot be gotten there anymore but is still available through Steam in Race Injection. I think it was also a free download on Steam for a while but I can't find a good link to it anymore.

Does anyone have a good link to a download for it?
(I see there is a link at nogrip for "it" but I don't know if it's a mod or just a skin)
It would be nice to have this car for some events.

Hum.. let's see, according to http://steamdb.info/app/44630/subs/ , FormulaRR comes bundled with quite a few products, the base game, STCCand various bundles (Race On) among them.. however, I have no idea how reliable this is :(
IIRC correctly, though, RR did sort of just pop up in my steam library at some point (likely after the purchase of addon XYZ?) - so, many people might already have it hanging around in their libs.

As far as a download goes, packing the appropriate folders in /Teams/ should be done easily, however, I'm not sure whether that's alright with SimBin's legal department and/or whether that's enough to 'emulate' having the addon (we might even use Kennett's GP2 WIP Mod, though I'm not sure whether it needs additional files from the addon's original install as well)?

Maybe @Sonat Ozturk can shed some light on this? :)

Originally it was a free download and has been on Steam as a standalone free download. But it does seem to come and go, more gone now that it's a part of Race Injection. Like you, I have it and don't know if any of the DL links are good. It would be a perfect car for the next track I have planned.

Weeeell.. does anyone without FRR want to volunteer for some download testing? ;)

...or try to get it, for that matter? I dug up this SimBin page which clearly states "Free of charge for all Race07 owners", so maybe somebody could try and contact steam support about it, as they might be able to credit the account with the addon as other means of acquiring do not seem to be available anymore.
However, the page also states "Exclusive to RaceRoom Online Members", so that might be another line of approach - did you ever install the 'new' RaceRoom, Dennis? With raceroom.net gone, maybe this actually is the new trigger of crediting the old addon? Might be worth another try if we can find someone without the addon (and if we can't, we're good to go, anyway, right? ;))

Edit: Just checked the inventory of two steam buddies that own R07, both do have FRR as well, one of which hasn't played R07 at all - so I think we might actually be fighting a problem that doesn't exist (anymore), maybe everyone was credited with FRR as this topic in the steam forums might indicate as well: http://steamcommunity.com/app/44630/discussions/0/846940247825928121/

Do we have actually have any examples of people not getting/having it? I remember we even raced Hockenheim in the club races a while ago, which is FRR content, as well, IIRC.

Last edited:
Edit: Just checked the inventory of two steam buddies that own R07, both do have FRR as well, one of which hasn't played R07 at all - so I think we might actually be fighting a problem that doesn't exist (anymore), maybe everyone was credited with FRR as this topic in the steam forums might indicate as well: http://steamcommunity.com/app/44630/discussions/0/846940247825928121/.

I'm happy to hear that, Sounds like we're a GO! Hope everyone likes next weeks event.

Hmm, I can't join. Says unknown when it comes to cars.
No idea why, I have re-installed Race On, but still wont work

// EDIT

My bad, it works now. All muscle cars were unticked in the Sim Racing Manager.

Last edited:
Btw, I despise these cars more than anything. I can't drive or control them. One of the few events where I wont be competitive at all. Those Gen5 cars were at least somewhat okay, but these ones? They should be Six Feet Under.

This was the first and last time, that I will ever race with these cars. They are extremely boring, and every corner feels like it could be your last. I said in the game, that I didn't had fun, and that was the true. Never again.

Got off to a good start, and manage to hold the lead for a few laps. But I knew @Björn Golda were much faster. So when he was close enough, to overtake me, I simply let him. Little later @Arunas Linkevicius were starting to breath down my neck, and it wasn't much I could do to hold him off, so he passed me later on. Arunas lost control of the car 1-2 laps later, so I pass him, but he was soon back and passed me again. On the same lap, or lap after, I lost control of the car and received terminal damage and the race was over.

Sadly must pull out of the race in the most interesting place(was great battle with Dennis),because there was one grasshopper in the hause,and my wife was screaming all around,so i must go and catch this small beast .. ...Oh, these women.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes