RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Aaaand I'm gonna have to unsign from this one, as well, since I'm still "unconnected" at the new place :/

Update: Got a new appointment for next Thursday - not gonna sign up early this time, though, I don't wanna let anyone down again :( Keep your fingers crossed for me guys! :)

Last edited:
Please do any statistics, race results, users' races information on RD portal. Something as it is on Race2play format and believe me there will be much more people here. DRIVERS LOVE STATISTICS :)
Yes when we had race log enabled and put in all those extra hours of work the three people actually checking their stats were thrilled with it.

@Franklin Stegink you know thats just not true. Dennis is one of those organizers that puts up his events online way up front many days in advance.

If people then cant be bothered to sign in or even check the site in all those days makes me wonder why they do show up 10 minutes before the session starts.

Its just a matter of not willing to sign up first instead of not being able to sign up.

Well that was some pleasant fun :thumbsup:

I decided to sit out quali and started in the rear. The weird green light thing caught me off guard and I got penalized for jumping the start (Insert long and offensive rant regarding Australian starting grids) :D. After I served the stop-go, I carved my way through the grid. Had a great fight with Dennis and Nuno before the pits :thumbsup:. After this, I went on to climb my way up to third. David was having a tremendous run but I was able to catch him in the last lap :confused:! However, he was very good and held me off for second while I brought the bacon home in third ;).

A few notes: When I was lapping Vaughn, I bumped you in the rear and you spun out. I apologize for this, but luckily neither of us received any damage from the incident. Also, Matthias Klein and Nuno Rodrigues got into me each one on the second to last turn. I did not study these incidents, but I hold nothing against either of you. :) Just seemed like good hard racing and I hope neither of you got any damage.

Congratulations to David Kingshott on his first ever podium finish and I look forward to racing next week. :cool::thumbsup:

@Nelson Ullinskey -- no problem mate :) all fine on my end too. It was partially my fault as well, as I was out on brand new tires, and they had more grip than I expected .. as such, I turned in more suddenly just before you hit me. Plus, I was focussing more on fuel management so I could limp back to pits again for fuel ..
... you see ..

That's what ended my race, about 60 minutes in. I ran out of fuel in pit lane. I guess my pitcrew didn't care, so they didn't push me back in. Seriously, I was like 50 ft from the pit-entrance light. <sigh>
Somehow, on my previous lap (which was my scheduled pitstop and was fine on time) I thought I had it auto-set to get fuel and tires, but somehow the 'add fuel' portion got turned off. I suspect as I adjusted how much fuel just prior to pitting.
And, of course, once you've hit 'Confirm' you can't change anything quick. So there I sat as they put on fresh tires, KNOWING I was going to have to immediately pit again, and I wasn't sure how far my remaining fuel would get me.
I should have started nursing fuel earlier I guess, but as soon as it started coughing I quickly calculated how far I had to go to get to the pits and figured I could make it with careful fuel useage .. So I tried to keep my rpms in the low end and stay outta people's way.
!!! SO CLOSE !!!

Say, i've got a request for you fast guys. Would you mind uploading a time-trial ghost for others to take a look at? I'd appreciate it, and I'm SURE it would help my driving out quite a bit.
i'm kinda surprised that Time Attack ghost files aren't more commonly discussed, as they are useful .. both with one's own ghosts or those downloaded, it helps improve consistency and find 'missing time' ;)
I've taken to doing tuning in the practice mode, and practice laps in the time-attack mode just as a general practice. .. and, though I'm clearly not getting top times, I still upload my T-As just to increase available content for everyone.

So, yeah, Pretty please :D It's pretty quick and easy to do. ... It'd be awesome to drive with an :alien::alien: ghost I'm sure ;) :thumbsup: :whistling:

So... what to say about this race?
Love the track, feeling good with the car, feeling good with Dennis setup (thanks for sharing it).
Start from second but fasten guys quicly send me to my normal standing position.
Had good persuit of Dennis but suprise surprise, Nelson came from the back. What was he doing back there? he got thru nice and steady and let us in our fight.
I must apollogise one or two hits. Didnt mean to and tried to avoid it. Sorry.
Then lost in the pit strategic. One molre lesson for me! Even so got Dennis again. I would like if u Dennis had been a litle more faster so we can have an all race fight.

Even so, good fun. If only there were more drivers....

HaHa! I would have liked to be faster also. After the pit stop I had a problem with my right foot not hitting the pedals right so I "adjusted" my seat which led to disaster and it surely did show in my laptime but there was nothing further that I could do about it, my seat was floating around on the floor. Not enough to get seasick but enough to ruin my race. no problem as it;'s now identified and I'll be adjusting pedal/wheel/seat positions once again.

A second failure on my part was to not be going to the gym for the past four months. I'm old but I normally, regularly, go to the gym to maintain my health but in the last few months my wife hasn't been going and....I've been a good husband/bad fitness nut and I think it's having an effect on my life. We'll get that straightened out soon but not while ruining my marriage at the same time. Sooo how does that affect my racing? Braking was becoming difficult for me, foot placement and just feeling pedal pressure was difficult, that;s why I was trying to make an adjustment during the race. Totally annoying and it's ruining my drives.

As mentioned on TS, David has done a great job over the past few weeks to improve his driving. Last week we were just about even but his off's cost him, this week he was just flying! Congrat's David, you racing career is taking off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 176 66.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 121 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 48 18.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 27.0%
Back