RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

What a shamballs, i qualify first and then the game gets a bug , the countdwon timer gets to zero and then starts going into the minus so i coudnt move This happened to three other drivers to my knowledge .
They woudnt restart and then a guy called neil tennant said for **** sake shut up. I get moned at and a private message from gareth for saying idiot. Please can you do somemthing

i almost crashed 4 times before due to your constant whining about how we should

Start a vote to restart the race#

vote countdown yada yada yda

"omg this isnt fair"

"restart plz!"

u have a rant then come here on the forums all that after u come on the forums wanting apologies, i for one wont have it.

And eventually i crash after reading one of you in-game rants, and you only qualified #1 because u cut the chicane then refused to rejoin.

I play for fun, as i expect many other people but i was looking forward to this track just to see what they are like with 20+ people.

• Andy Marsden

These things happen Traumatic, I made a boob and forget to fill up for the race so i pressed ESC....and ended retiring before the race had begun! Yeah I was annoyed and initially wanted a restart but I thought, whats the point in getting a restart for my mistake :)
You had a connection/hardware problem so in essence its the same thing, races only get restarted if there is a HUGE pile up at the start and only then if there enough people taken out by it.
As for the second race...sorry for being an irritating backmarker guys! :) I was trying to let people past but due to the speed, tight racing lines through corners and my desire to try and catch the guy in front of me (which was happening near the end) I made things difficult for people, again apologies.
The Radicals sure do have a lot of power for their size, that caught me out a few times, especially during the first few laps of the 2nd race.
I hope I can do better in the next race I enter.
Cheers for a fun evening though guys :)

Andy

Practice: 4th quickest

Qually: 6th Quickest

Race1: Touched at turn 1 race over.

Race 2: Started 19th had a mountain to climb but with a good start was 13th by lap 2. Stayed 12th till around lap 13 when Hermann and Hoppener touched and had a sneaky pass by Sebastian Poidevin :D into 10th. Then chased Kollenger for 9th but with Roy Stevens making and error it was a 3 way battle for 8th. I lead that battle till lap 24 when Kollenger and I touched his rear to my behind!(np m8!! :D)finished 9th

Good fun and well done to Nevemind and To Simon and hard luck David Garcia and Tobias Rohner for there race1 ending with no fault of there own!

I get moned at and a private message from gareth for saying idiot. Please can you do somemthing

What this race? race does not support private messages....
If i remember correctly you got a PM off me for calling somebody a nob and exiting the server in the last event.........

I told everybody tonight before the race that no restarts tonight, Unfortunatly I missed most of what was said in race one because I was trying to have a race,

I have already explained to you in private that if you have a problem with other racers driving you PM them with the problem, If it cannot be resolved, admin and directors will get involved.

I think you people can report your problems to the race direction, if something went wrong in your oppinion. For the moment you should just cool down and get some sleep. It´s clear, that something wasn´t going right, but to discuss wildly about it on the forum won´t help anyone.
In addition, the rules should be read, before starting a discussion about anything.

To the races:

1st Race

After a first lap full of mayhem, I found myself up in the top 10, just a few seconds behind the podium and going for it. It took me quite some time to close the gap to Nevermind, when I got engine overheating problems. I had a big cloud of grey smoke behind me, which was obviously making the race a lot more exciting for Gareth.:p
Then, while I was in the Gearbox of Nevermind, my engine blew up finally and my race ended on the grass.

2nd Race

I started from the back of the field and had a good getaway, but I got stuck in traffic. I found myself in the top 10 soon, since there was much First Lap Carnage. I can´t remember very good, but somehow, I finished in p5 in the end, after overtaking Gareth and Tepa.

Was a great event, at least for me.

I think you people can report your problems to the race direction, if something went wrong in your oppinion. For the moment you should just cool down and get some sleep. It´s clear, that something wasn´t going right, but to discuss wildly about it on the forum won´t help anyone.
In addition, the rules should be read, before starting a discussion about it.

Well said :thumb:

EDIT: Yep smoke for 5 laps Tobias, Though it made for a fun few laps of racing!

Qualifying: Managed to get P8, disappointed as I was 0.1 off my usual times.

Race 1: I practiced some starts with my setup, with a reasonably long first gear I was thought I would be slow off the line. Instead I was quick and managed to get up to 6th & through the 1st corner safely. Going down to turn 2 behind Nevermind, I was concentrating on trying to slip stream past nevermind up the straight, unfortunatly Ross Balfour spun and I hit him, putting me 21st as I tried to safely rejoin, I did almost hit someone though rejoining & I'm very sorry :(.

I spent the rest of the race lapping constantly & passing as many people as possible, at one point I was 3 wide going towards T1. With 3 laps to go I lost concentration and braked too late for t2, costing me two places, one I gained back when one lagged out, then on the last lap & last corner Micheal spun out giving me P8 & P1 for grid 2.

Race 2: I got a superb start one again giving me confidence into T1, I'm usually awful at being followed & what I had here was 20 205hp Radicals chasing me...
Out of the first corner I was closely followed by roy, for a couple of laps, keeping myself ahead by braking late into t2, roy spun at t1, I was 2 seconds ahead of Krister Larsson and managed to pull out to 3 seconds before David Garcia took over 2nd and started chasing me down, and almost started too before Krister Larsson was behind again, eventually I was 6 seconds up and Nevermind was now in second, managing to pull back a second. After 26 laps I took 1st (Only my 2nd in the club). Leading from pole to 1st :)

Thanks for the racing everyone, I was really expecting in the early part of Race 2 to be hunted down by Nevermind & David.. Big thanks to most of the backmarkers I passed, although a couple could have backed off a bit to let me though instead of coming back in front of me to slow me though the corner. I think surprised Theo coming to lap him as he came to lap Andy, 3 wide on the exit of turn 1 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes