RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Hmmm.

In quali I got p2. Quite a margin behind Sai but I was fairly pleased.

Race 1 - I got a good start, losing a place to Pat's BMW naturally, but overtaking poleman Sai. Heading up the hill into the first hairpin I got a few lovetaps Chris Noble which sent me wide and in the gravel slightly. Rejoined in 6th behind Gary and Mark, who were having a great scrap. I caught up to them but wasn't able to pass. Chris had made a mistake at Turn 1 and rejoined behind me, promoting me to 5th. The tyre wear was horrendous and on lap 11 I went slightly wide and Chris barged through, along with Sander. Sander then took Chris off and I was back in 6th. Jacek was breathing all over me though and I braked slightly late into the first hairpin, allowing him through. Next lap we both braked too late into the second hairpin and I nudged him, spinning him slightly. Neither of us lost a place as I waited for him, I was in 7th and that's how it finished.

Race 2 - Starting P2 again, I slotted in behind Chris in the first lap. I tapped him near the end of the first lap but no time was lost by either of us. He was having a few sliding issues and I got half a run at him down the straight. He changed lines a couple of times, finally choosing the inside where he broke VERY early (again), causing me to brake early, causing Jacek to break early, and Sander, who had broke too late, slammed into the back of me, sending me flying into the gravel. I rejoined right in the melee and I spun Nigel a few corners later. So sorry Nigel, I tapped you and lifted off but nudges from behind kept me tapping you. Totally my fault. Coming into lap 5(?) and just about to brake for turn 1, GTR Evo minidumped. Lovely.

Not so great after a promising quali. And I must say I hate this track, despite being fairly quick on it.

Thanks to Simon and RD for organising this and grats to Sai Yip for pole and what was looking like two wins.

I'm off to try my truck driving skills :)

2 races to forget.. Started from the back P24, after lap1 I was on P8 already. Finished 4th after touching Chris :(, just before I overtook Ryan and got a blue flag warning and got distracted and knocked Chris off.. apologies again.

Race2 was a clean start, managed to keep Sai behind me and overtook Patrick. In the second lap I was a bit behind Ryan who tried to overtook someone (cant remember who, thought it was Chris) and I misjudged it a bit and crashed into him, sorry ryan.. Though I watched the replay again and you both were quite early on the brakes. Nonetheless I should have paid attention more :)

Rejoined in 18th and 2 corners later Jamie spun and came to a hold on the exit of turn X, couldn't avoid him as I was still angry about my mistake before.

oh what a bad night!first race i hit a car on the first corner because i was watching behind me my child call me,but it's not a good excuse,i let every body pass, and restart at the last place,during the razce i had some little fights with Lewis fergusson and some others.

second race , was not better i don't hit anybody but i was tired and i make a lot of misstakes,once again have some fights with lewis and Florian, but after 8 laps i think when i take the first corner their Victor shaw in the middle of the track stoped and i can't brake so i hit him and brake a suspension,after i 've race a little bit with Florian again but hit a wall and then.....good night everyone!

sorry again for the first race and the first corner ,it's not the kind of racer i am habitually...cya all

The BMW is really hard to drive on this track :) Especially in the last sector, I everytime lost 0.5 sec there.

I qualified in 3rd position.

Race 1: There is only 1 advantage with the BMW on this track, and that is a good start :) P1 after turn 1, but on lap 3 Sai already past me. I could follow him for a few laps, but when my tires started to wear I lost too much time and I finished 2nd.

Race 2: Again a good start, but in lap 2 there was a big crash in front of me and I couldn't avoid it, and the result was a damaged suspension.
Had an amazing battle with Chris and Gary, and at the end I finished 3rd.

So glad i got in for 2 lovely fun races,qual was a difficult mission with 15 mins left and no setup,but got a good jump from the line and nice clean run through the opening laps,many places gifted to me through malarky and mistakes ahead,good chase on Mark Guy,i got passed him when he suddenly lagged from .4 ahead of me,to .5 behind! (scary to be near),i ended up off the road a touch giving the place back to Mark and ended up 5th finish.
Race2 from 5th,i was so busy giggling at David Lemon saying he will remember to put it in gear this time,and thinking how silly that is to do,and how could anyone forget to put their car in gear for the start of race eh? eh?!,,,so i forgot to put it in gear :D...from 5th to 10th or something by T1,but stuck to me guns and clawed back what i could where i could eventually after a lot of luck and scraping past a some car park situations,i was up to 3rd and getting on Chris' case,magic fun racing commences as Patrick joins the affray and nips past me when i go wide,a good run out of the final turn and im tucked up under Pat and Chris,i end up with a great run out of T1 but i am now on the outside of 3 wide for T2,scary but wonderfull at the same time,i hang back and try a time a switchback thing on the exit,i time it ever so slightly wrong and give the back of Pats bimmer a cheeky kiss,for a moment i thought it would turn his car round,you know what a fuss those bimmer make of any touches,but all is well,but from what Pat said afterwards my touch pushed him to touch Chris which unsettled his car,i managed to sschneak past on the left side and nab 2nd,my main intention ofcourse is no contact at all,but 3 cars running that close too each other for long,with so many moves going down,its near impossible,i take my unintentional scrapes,and sometimes give them,it just makes it look and feel like "Proper" touring car races.
Grats to Sai for stylish wins,and well done everyone i had the pleasure of excellent racing with,main highlights were the battle with Chris and Patrick in race2,i hope you guys enjoyed as well.
Cheers ST for having me :wave:.

Qualify: went well, P5 and considering the competion I was happy.

Race1: Had good start, didn't lose any places. I there was a whole group of us fighting for positions. The front guy's pulled away slowly each lap and I had long fight with Gary. I finished P3.

Race2: The start was scary, with many cars side by side through the first couple of corners. found myself in P7 but in lapt 2 at the hairpin there was a collision and i just got through a gap with cars all over. I was then In P3 but made many mistakes and fell back a few places. I then caught up to the fight with Chris, Patrick and Gary I think and hell the was hectic. I decided to just hang behind them and let them go at it, it was really good racing. I fell of that battle and had a battle with Marcel who had passed me. going in to T1 Karl went up my inside and just nipped marcel who then went wide and I got them both back and finished in P4 or 5???
some guy's said I was lagging, sorry if i affected your race with that, but I don't normally have a prob.

Thanks simon for organising the race and thanks RD...:peace:

• Sai Yip

This is a great experience for me with my first race with RD

Race#1 : Due to my gear setup, I had a poor start at the beginning sitting at pole position. Ryan and Patrick shut the door on me right at first corner. I was able to hang tightly with them all the way to the back straight with Ryan sitting at 2nd position at the time. I pull right out of Ryan's slipstream and performance a braking duel at the end of the back straight without any incidents. I then continue to chase after Patrick going into 2nd lap. On the 2nd lap using the same tatics as I did to Ryan. I pulled out of the slipstream of Patrick and performed a brake duel on the outside lane. I managed to hold on to my own line on the hairpin and gain advantage on the inside line for the next left hander. Patrick stuck around for a few laps and for some reason he felt back a few seconds, and that's how race1 ended.

Race#2 I was a little worried with the poor starting setup that I have when I was starting at 8th position, but somehow I managed to overtake 2 cars infront of me by T1! Going right behind Sander, he then took the advantage on T2 passing Patrick right infront of him by inches away each other, and Patrick shut the door on me completely. I got a little fustrated and mis-shifted going on to the back straight and dropping a few yards back. Just when I thought this is a nightmare, a huge crash happened infront of me at the end of the striaght. I barely got through and almost hit right into the pile of cars. I then jumped from I believe 6th to 2nd place! Chris was the lead at the time and I was atleast 3 seconds away from him. Nearly the end of the 2nd lap, I was able to catch him. Slipstreaming him through the front straight while he defend the inside line. I then I had decided to take a cross line with him on the outside. While he brake abit too deep on turn1, I was able to just slip through the inside, but that's not over yet. Going into T2 he was inches away from my bumper and this time I had to defend for my own position going into T3, I took the inside line and defended the turn. The battle goes on on the straight away for another brake duel at the end of the straight. I had won the battle on brake point and secured my position. After that....I'm not too sure what happened.

Overall it was a great first time experience for me at a RD event and I hope to race you guys again!

• Jacek Kozlowski

I had really great racing tonight.
Finished overall in 7th place.
I decided to try Toledo this time,and i comes out to be quite competetive car.I had many great fights in both races -with Ryan(thanks for waiting for me in R1) and with many more.

Grats for winner and podium holders.Thanks Simon for organising this,cant wait for next one:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes