RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

thanks all for a good fun race, had a great fight with Laurance as we traded places many times but i was too busy watching my mirror in the last corner and handed the place back to him :embarassed:
Wish i had practiced more for it but was too busy with other things this week, but i still enjoyed the hell out of that race :peace:

Server1

Started last as I joined with 1 minute and 30 seconds to go

Got a okay start but I tapped the car in front of me which gave me suspension damage:(
To cut a long story short I managed to win :woot: :dance:

Thanks Andrew for setting the event up

That's 3 wins a row :D

Good fun close racing action from the very start tonight,plugged away and was in the lead a lap or so before thoughts of pitting came to my mind and suddenly i was popped out to desktop,some nonesense realplayer update thing that has just started to this recently,Realplayer now removed :).

Grats Ben !! and well done all podiums and indeed, Finishers!
Cheers Andrew m8 for weaving your mini magic spell again :wave:

Qualified 2nd, just a tenth shy of Lee with a 1.37.8 (I found out how to pick up 2 tenths during the race lol)

I lost a place to Gary off the start. Tried to overtake him into Turn 2, but overshot completely lol. I passed him later in the lap and set off after Lee. I could see that I was faster than him, especially in Turn 1. He clipped the kerb in the last corner, whereas I did it perfect giving me a run at him and passed him around the outside of Turn 1 :D

I pulled away and had a lead of around 8 seconds without pushing too hard coming into lap 17 (?). I took the second part of Turn 1 too fast and slid wide along the gravel to say hi to the tyres. They didn't like me being sociable and stole my splitter and bent my suspension. I managed to rejoin just in front of Gary and Lee, my 8 second lead gone, along with my splitter. I held them off around the lap but immediately pitted. However this meant doing 30 laps on one set of tyres and a heavy car too. It was a lack of concentration on my part - I was wondering in which order Gary and Lee were behind me.

In my annoyance I forgot to request the pitstop, lost 5 seconds waiting, and another 25 to repair the damage. I drove like a lunatic in the laps after my stop and I eventually shuffled back in 3rd just 5 seconds behind Lee in the lead, with Ben passing me but me passing Gary after he had a problem.

I didn't have a chance of catching the front two unless they had a problem but I kept at it. Because of the heavier fuel load at the beginning of the stint and the extra number of laps the set of tyres had to deal with I was really struggling but I kept Gary behind me by 2.3 seconds to finish first. My front right tyre was down to 25% by the end.

Very annoyed at myself for the stupid mistake, it would have been a fairly easy win otherwise, as my race pace was excellent, my setup was brilliant and I was driving really well. The only person who had my pace was starting from the back of the grid. Oh well. If I had just missed thye tyre wall I probably would have won. The forced pitstop really hurt.

Congrats to Ben for his excellent drive through the field.

Thanks to Andrew and RD for this, it was an excellent track. Can we have Snetterton next pretty please? :becky:

Server 2: What a race!!!:D

Qualifications: I make the pole in 1'37"5.:peace:

Race: I make a great start, what allows me to set 1,5 seconde beforehand on the 2nd, but it does not last because after of 4 or 5 laps, I am caught up by Daniel Plaikner. The battle is rough, he pass me, I pass him, it's so good. He puts me the pressure during twenty laps and there I made a big mistake in the big double bend, Gaetan catches up me and pass me, I am 3rd. In the 25th lap the game said "alert - kicked down tires ", that falls well because I planned to stop now! And there, small adversity, my car do not want to leave, as this a mechanic had left the jack (we can see that in the replay):ballchain:. I manage all the same to leave the pit, but with quite a lot of delay. I finished 3rd :third:, what makes 2 Project D on the podium!

Server 2: Qualied in 7th but bogged down off the line and was overtaken by just about everyone, :censored:, then spent the next 79 minutes driving the wheels off the wee thing to try to catch and pass as many as I could, sorry for taking you out Lewis, thought I'd left enough room inside until I felt you make contact with my rear left:whistle:, had a good few laps tussling with the Jones boy :D last 6/7 minutes were spent trying to catch Gregory, who'd make a small mistake which allowed me to close right up, but it was in vain, finished 4rth and reasonably happy, mainly because I'd actually finished :madgrin:

Sam

You made me some dismays, I believed that I was going to finish 4th! Nice driving :thumb:

So i want to say thanks to Andrew Evans and all the staff and members from Race department for this great race!

PS: I plan to make a movie. And Grats Daniel Plaikner, you are the faster!

*SERVER1*

wow what a race as usual these minis are just a blast to drive

qualy*
set a good lap for place 2 but then got dropped back to 8th with a last min run i setteld for 6th

race*
hmm the start was ok timing of clutch /break release and put down the hammer nearly perfect.... note to my self next time try with 1st gear engaged o.O
droppet down to 8 or 9th i think but could go up quite fast again fighting a while with Richard suddenly i saw Ben insteed of Richard my mirror after 10 laps or so ?? maybe 12 he was comming verry hot from the last place of the grid
so i was knowing what will come and i startet do do my usual little errors but i managed quite a while to hold him up :)
but then i did a mistake to much and he was gone a few laps later i saw dust in the air at turne 5 and had now Gary in front of me who was running 2nd befor he played a bit with the Gravel
i had a gab from 5.2 secs to Gary and could close up to 3.5 sec befor we both run into pit, there i did the 2nd big one after the perfect start o.O
i was looking into the pit menue and yea short saying i spun it in the entrance road ( i should get a extra point for this :p)
2 laps after the pit i had tim in front of me knowing he was way slower i take it easy and bum he spun it in turn 1 trying to make room
and i hit him on the front, suspension damage and back to 8th(sorry Tim no way i could avoid you there)
from then i pulled my head down first on my list to the front was my team mate Grant i tell ya all i was sweating like hell behind him cuz usual if i am behind him i end up to just crash into him
its like two magnets :) but i got past him as he runned a bit wide in one of the hairpins
next one was Marcel i think have to watch replay
now 2 lapped cars in front and Roy in view i pushed again and came realy close to him but found not realy a way past him till he spun it out in turn 2
10 secs gab to Richard on 5th i was sure i could not close the gab and then David closed up on me gave me hell of a pressure
2 times he slipped past me and i could just counter his move and reovertake :) that was a hell of close racing
normaly if you fight you slow down so i was suprised as the gab to Richard was suddenly only 4.5 secs
i sucked the last out of my tyers to now get him with only 6 mins left 2nd last lap or so i got past Richard and i think David followed 2 turnes later
he was smelling he can get me and tryed realy hard on me but i could defend 5th

pretty cool event thanks RD and Andrew for setting it up :D
Gratz to the Podium well done

Somehow the replay is broken for me! I am 100% sure I did my qualy with a 1:39:3xx time (or was it training), but my replay does not show that time (neither for
qualy nor for training). But was anyway a 'learning event' for me.

Qualy: Went significant better than I expected, yesterday in training the best I could get was a 1:40.1xx (but I knew I could go faster), qualy was something like 1:39.3xx gave me position 9.

Race: Planed for a two stop race, one stop just tires, second one tire and fuel. Start was ok, overall actually very good, I did not see any mess:peace:!! Brilliant guys!!! Had some nice racing for a couple of laps with Richard, exchanging positions, was great! Lost you after you went off in T1 of lap 12 also got Lee, who went off. He got me when I did not get the last turn of lap 13 100% well. End of lap 17 I took my first pit stop. Which went fine. I had a preset to repair everything and 20 l gas, which I had to change to 0 for the first stop, went super! I 'gained'a couple of positions when everybody else pitted (I guess I was the only one with a 2 stop strategy). Second pit stop end of 32 as I was running out of gas (actually exactly on plan!). Here the desaster started. Just confirmed the menu without checking. But the system kept my settings from the previous stop, I expected to pick again the preset, nope! Went off the pit, went an additional half lap and saw 0.4l fuel :jaw:! Slowed down :crutch: and just made it again to the pit, exactly at entrance 0l!!!! Changed the amount of gas, but guess I did not press return on the fuel just scrolled down and hit confirm. Again no fuel during the pit stop, but unfortunately I could not drive any further, as I had 0l fuel. That was the end! :censored::yell::puke::target::smash::embarassed::hurt::frusty::mad:
Overall: Super race, super clean and fair from what I have seen! Thanks for the great event. Super track, together with Cadwell my favorit Mini track!

server1. Q 12 was 10th end lap 1 & had a good race with Roy & Grant for 9 0r 10 laps but they managed 2 give me the slip and pulled away. Was comin under pressure from Neil before we both pitted on lap 24 & he nipped ahead. Had a great race with him swapping places every couple of laps but he ran wide into last corner and i got past.GR8 race!:dance:

Big thanks again to Andrew.:yo:

Server 2:

Qualy:
The Project D Team, Grégory and Gaëtan, was on pole and second, did very fast laps. I on p3.

Race:
Start was good and hold p3. Then I started to put Gaëtan under pressure and pushed hard. He did then a little mistake on last courner exit and so I accelerate to his side and into T1 I was able to overtake. Also a little contact there, hope I lost enough room there. Then I started to catch Grégory. Great fight here very cool :D. He did mistake and I was on p1. But then I nearly lost my mini into T2 with massevli oversteer LOL, but lost only p1 to Grégory again. Then I catched him again very close behind him. Always close driving there until he did a mistake into T1&2 and I earned p1. Then I was 4secs befor Gaëtan and Grégory. My pitstop then exacty on half race up :) . Perfekt stop. Fight then with Chris Noble :D as he did not pited yet. Then after all did the stop I was in the lead with 11 sec atvace to Gaëtan :D. My race setup this time was perfekt :) very stable. Thanks to all laped cars who was very fair :yo:. In the end I won my second mini enduro race:woot::first: :peace:

thx for setting this up and see you all next time :)

@Ben we can shake hands :Banane35:

Here some statistics if you like it:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 208
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 203
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 208
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 186
Server 2: Qualied in 7th but bogged down off the line and was overtaken by just about everyone, :censored:, then spent the next 79 minutes driving the wheels off the wee thing to try to catch and pass as many as I could, sorry for taking you out Lewis, thought I'd left enough room inside until I felt you make contact with my rear left:whistle:, had a good few laps tussling with the Jones boy :D last 6/7 minutes were spent trying to catch Gregory, who'd make a small mistake which allowed me to close right up, but it was in vain, finished 4rth and reasonably happy, mainly because I'd actually finished :madgrin:

Sam
np, wasn't even expecting to spin as I thought it was low risk but caught the bump and lost it. wasn't your fault really. :)

server 1
got pole in qualy and a good start in the race, but soon realised i should of tried my race set in practice. the car just didn`t handle in the fast corners mainly T1, losing lots of time through there every lap. didnt take long before i started slipping back to 3rd where i was just about hanging on to gary. then half way through race i find myself in P1. after pit stop ben was right behind and managed to hold him off for quite a while but as the tyres went off i had to crawl throught T1 which made it easy to pass me. disappointed with the race as i had the pace to win but car did not handle full of fuel. learnt a good lession for next time anyway.
thanks for the race guys:)

• Andrew Evans

another evening of classic mini action.... i loooove this track... from the same guys that made le mas, :rockon:

prac and qually; couldn't lock into the pace i had in last nights practice and ended up about 14th.... had an okay start, server 1 was a totally clean getaway (i think!), and spent the first lap or two yo-yoing around the midfield... before settling nicely into, uh, the midfield.... chased down a nice battle of 4 peeps in sorta 9th-12th who were all holding each other up... was just starting to dig being involved in that when it was pit time...

alas, i'm the chump that decided 2 stops was THE PLAN OF THE NIGHT!...

my middle stint was the fake glory of running 7th/8th at one point cause all of the 1 stoppers had pitted.... but that soon faded after my 2nd stop... came back out 14th... eventually chased olaf down and nabbed 13th... either finished there or 12th.. ehhee, no idea!

still, i finished again - this is happening all too regularly now - and with barely any gravel action for a whole 1h 20m.... now i just need to do, um, 1 stop and be fast....!

see ya next week, kiddoes!

:flypig:

Quali 4th with a 1:38.4 ... PB and possibly best quali to date :woot:

Got off line ok, kept hold of 4th spot and managed a few laps behind front three ... then a slight mistake set them free by a second after which the gap just grew and grew :(

Mr Noble paid me lots of attention after that, few fun racing moments with him including a nudge which nearly ended early for me ... but with full throttle and full opposite lock I managed to hold on to it (see pic) ...
... not sure I caught a "sorry" in game ... but sure you were really :D

Few laps after this though I had a strange moment (not sure it was me or the car - prolly me cos I was suffering badly with my back at the time) lost it through t2 and left the track backwards - letting Chris and Sam J though :yo:

Luckily no damage, just damn hot tyres and an eternity to get back on track ... :doh:

Race progressed, lost it again in T1 or T2 gifting Nigel 6th place ... followed him and was within 1 sec when we pitted.
Pit went fine but as AI decided to drive off for me, it had a strange stutter where car just sat or juddered and revved but didn't move anywhere ... thought it was all over but 20 seconds later it finally decided to get on with it and let me leave pits.

So that was my chance of snatching 5th back (by the end of the race) gone :Cry:

Also had a very freak moment with Mr Palmer's "ghost car" ... I don't know exactly what happened, but I was none to happy - your car was sat at the side of the track for a few laps during last ten mins ... then just as I rounded the crest dropping down the hill in 5th gear, your car rolls across track right in front of me - I anchored on to avoid t-boning you which meant I ended up with a big slide and spun off into gravel - bit annoyed and confused at the time ... minute or two later, you were said to have left the game ... just checked replay and your car is not even there :confused:

Anyhow ... with a knackered back, dead hands and tingling fingers, plus a very numb arse from this rubbish chair, I finally got to the finish line in one piece, landing what is becoming quite my usual spot ... 6th!?

Thanks Andrew and RD ... had fun and gratz to guys up front, in fact no, gratz to all who finished :wave:

Attachments

• Sideways at Ledanon.jpg
    Sideways at Ledanon.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 198
Also had a very freak moment with Mr Palmer's "ghost car" ... I don't know exactly what happened, but I was none to happy - your car was sat at the side of the track for a few laps during last ten mins ... then just as I rounded the crest dropping down the hill in 5th gear, your car rolls across track right in front of me - I anchored on to avoid t-boning you which meant I ended up with a big slide and spun off into gravel - bit annoyed and confused at the time ... minute or two later, you were said to have left the game ... just checked replay and your car is not even there :confused:

Sorry Lee but the Game just froze, a mish mash of colours on screen I couldn't even reset the PC, totally froze. In the end I had to pull the plug from the wall. I had no idea I was still in the game. I can only apologise it was totally beyond my control. :shocked:

Sign me up please :)

Any laptime to compare with? This will be my first race so i don't know if im faster/slower.

Hmm 5x FBMWs, 1x WTTCC left. I'll take the FBMW

I think the difference in lap times is a little bit more than Ross said in the top post. I was quite courios and did intensive testing. I ended up with the following times (driven in a Quali session):

FBMW: 1:26:701
BMW Z4: 1:28:047
BMW E90: 1:31:933

Although the FBMW is potentially the fastest car I think the GT Club cars will make it to the podium, because they are easier to drive fast. Lets see what the WTCC/STCC cars are good for. I am looking forward to this interesting event.

Attachments

• Nico_LagunaSeca_BMW_E90_1_31_933.Vcr
    82.3 KB · Views: 268
  • Nico_LagunaSeca_BMW_Z4_1_28_047.Vcr
    80.1 KB · Views: 237
  • Nico_LagunaSeca_FBMW_1_26_701.Vcr
    47.3 KB · Views: 186
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes