RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well, this is truly different from anything else in the simulator. I love the mod, but racing competitively with these cars requires a lot of practise, really. So, hats off to the guys who were doing 1:41 and 1:42/43 AND kept the car in one piece. :thumbsup::) Also, cockpit view is another challenge. I usually drive in the cockpit, but in some cars I prefer the bumper camera. That includes most formulas hehe. But I had to get used to it for this race...

I was very slow compared to other guys, but managed to keep the pace for almost two laps. :confused: Then too hot brakes made me spun while braking for the Bus Stop chicane. Car stopped in the middle of the track, I kept still to avoid any accident, sorry for those who caught me there. I tried to keep racing but then a small hit on Eau Rouge made the car very unstable (suspension problems), and the fourth time I got to Eau Rouge, the car flew into the wall and that was it.:rolleyes:

Still, lots of fun and adrenaline with these cars! I wish I had the time to practise seriously for a proper race. No doubt, this is the hardest type of racing for Race 07, in my opinion. Glad to see everyone being careful though, it is quite tricky to avoid hitting someone. Everything happens so fast, you only have a split second to decide what to do.:alien:

Now I'm going for a touring car race. I bet the BMW will feel very slow and easy to drive, now that I spent almost 2 hours driving a F1.:D

What a wonderful evening, well worth all the trouble. I finally found my personal engine brake map: 6! It just works beautifully now, i can keep so much brake pressure in the rear, i hit the revs better while braking, it just fits me like a glove. Never have i driven so comfortably with 68% left front tire and fighting clearly faster driver, braking was so much easier.. Like a dream..

Wrists hurt too much, need to lower FFB but it's in my personal max settings, not unusual to have to lower it for some tracks. There is so many high g corners that you have to push quite long times with high FFB forces, Pouhon, Rouge, Fagnes, Blanchimont...

Was quite surprised why David couldn't get pass, was there a lag or something? I didn't have any troubles with either of you, no skipping or nothing like that. My ISP is currently doing this massive transfer to fiber optics so i'm not confident how stable my copper cable connection is. They already lowered my limit to 5mbit/s even when i my contract is for 10meg... Bastards... But anyhoo, That fight was really awesome, i really didn't want to let you pass. Ii re-overtook Bob at one point, we were going side by side for some time and he dropped by 100m or so, was there a contact? Nothing was felt on my end, i did leave room, i'm sure but i'll check replay of course..

Very satisfied and feeling more confident than ever. Sometimes less practice works but then the track needs to be in recent memory.. Might even do this more often, practice once in a while for one day some track in the near future, it might save me some practice time if timed correctly...

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention: 4th in the finish line!! And i did the right thing with that re-overtake, there might be a contact but considering the situation, i find it fair. I was keeping the car so close to the curb that i couldn't do anything more...Well, i had some cm room, i don't know... Can you look at it in your screen bob, it's replay times 286 to 303, former your overtake (totally clean) and the latter is my response... Need second opinion, in normal league race i would report an incident, most likely video clip from both cars, super slo-mo..It's about 99,999% certain that there is a touch even when it doesn't register in my screen, it just looks like collision in 0.1s latency...

jump on server at last just for do a training stint not bad but in Blanchimont close game and tried start a monitor upgrade pushed on brake and when reopen game im last and near near at barriers but no damage so full throttle spin on 2nd kurbs bus stop,too much kurbs with front left but managed to finish race for recover data 76/78 % med tires 12 laps 4,5l. lap.

Thanks for race guys

Congrats Sean Dino Gaetano:thumbsup:

qualifying - 2nd

race - dnf

started decent but zizzo had started better and tried to muscle his way through and ended up deep into the corner, he was lagging and jumping all over the place so i gave him a wide room, then all the way up the straight i didnt want to get close as his car was jumping about the track, at les combes i braked when i seen him very close but it was a warp/lag and i ended up spinning due to being on the brakes too hard tryin to avoid his ghost car, picked up suspension damage here by hitting the wall when id spun, so back to last place and a fight through the cars to get back to a half decent finish, great fight with bob, i passed him 2-3 times and always made a mistake shortly afterwards and he would repass me, all very clean and fair (a good addition to the league) then kennett started coming back towards us, i tried to get close a few times but to be totally honest kennett your all over the place on the straights and your braking markers change each lap, youll be much faster if you stay on a line through the straights and dont deviate as much and if you pick a marker stick to it each lap, it makes you predictable and helps you be more consistant, anyhoo dont take that as dig at you, just some advice that will help you and others around you, was a good battle between the 3 of us for a number of laps until i ran out of fuel on the very last lap just before stavelot.

grats sean and dino(another great addition to the league)

cyaz wednesday.

Grats to top 3 :thumbsup:

Q: P9 / R: DNF

Good Start, made 2 place's up to first corner,:D got to 5th place :D then lap 2 T12 i had a moment with Eliezer batrik which he goes off track & comes back on but very slow at the time & i was upto pace coming at him fast , i just thought at the time he should of moved right because he just come back on the track & he was a bit slower than me at the time! :cautious: but after i watched replay with sean i realized he didnt do much wrong & maybe i was just fussing for nothing :unsure: back to race ,then i had a spin pushing hard to catch Batrik after that moment, which i lost 2 place's :poop: then i gained a place due to dale spinning on T18 :) & i get back to 6th :D then on lap 6/7ish i start to see kenneth :O_o:so i start to push a bit harder to try catch him in which i hit the rumble strip on the left side of T10 & make a slight mistake & end up 8th :( then at the end of lap8 on T1 i missjudge the corner while turning & hit the tyre's & lose front wing & get suspension damage :cry:all because my friend (STEELY) comes in my house & puts me off :mad: not knowing how important it is to me :mad: but now he knows after we had words, anyway am very angry with myself because i locked my front door but my misses went to see her mum & left the door unlocked during race which she should of locked when coming back in:mad:
Anyway great race everyone :thumbsup: & al Hopfully cya's weds for race :thumbsup:

P.s more practise for me in morning before work & after work tomorrow night :thumbsup: oh & thanks nico for making the race happen :thumbsup:

Sorry Alfonso for the blocked there, I backed to track as you were a bit far then I took left side as my car just stabilized on track but was on mirror accelerating easy and didn’t want make move to right as you were very close already. any way I'm glad you take it easy as it only a bit fault of mine and sorry for that, there is option that we will experience much more complicated issues :)
C U on track :)

David: Really? I have to look at the replay again since i thought i hit brakes fairly constantly. My brake points in the faster corners do vary, drivinglines are not that good yet but at least in the key places i thought i hit good brakes everytime... I do my wandering in the long straight, it's the only time to do changes like brake pressure or looking tire temps, wear etc. But not when there's a passing attempt.. I'll concentrate on that since i didn't know it was happening, need to find the reason first..

EDIT: i think i figured out, i need to slow down.. I push too hard and i really did push yesterday, laptimes were pretty constant thou:

capture_2012-09-03_23-31-51_cr.jpg

But it means temporary drop in pace, i can't do that change really fast, it must be build up from the base... Can't just tweak something, i need to get the right feel back.. I know from past that it's pretty short time to get more accuracy but not if i think it is a short process...

Event Details
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Car: STCC 2010
Track: Mantorp

Time Schedule
All times are in GMT. The server will be open on race day for online free practice
  • 19:00 Practice
  • 19:30 Qualification
  • 19:50 Warming up
  • 20:00 Race (2 x 20 minutes)
Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List
Leave a comment in the thread below if you wish to be signed up. Signing up means we expect you to be present of course.
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver

Event Details
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Car: GT Club
Track: Nürburgring Nordschleife

Time Schedule
All times are in GMT. The server will be open on race day for online free practice
  • 19:00 Practice
  • 19:30 Qualification
  • 19:50 Warming up
  • 20:00 Race (2 x 3 laps)
Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List
Leave a comment in the thread below if you wish to be signed up. Signing up means we expect you to be present of course.
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Rui F. Martins
  3. Kimmo Kokkonen
  4. Wayne Hammond
  5. Guus Verver
  6. Andreas Loffler
  7. Marcus Dillon
  8. Marek Zdanowicz
  9. Paul Dillon
  10. David Faraday
  11. Driver
  12. Driver