RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well... Joined Qualy with 12 mins left after downloading the track, installing and defragging (defragging sometimes helps me with stutter on new tracks).

So was on my First Ever lap on this track, with no idea of a setup or fuel needed.... When some plant pot, who shall remain nameless decides to vote the server through..... because some drivers couldn't go out on track.. (track bug?). The soloution is to leave and rejoin qualy and see if you can run in qualy.. NOT vote the server through and stop anyone else joining as well as messing others qualy (practice in my case) up. Next they start moaning and wanting to vote Warm Up through as well !!!

Anyway the result of this early voting is :
1) Anyone joining late could not join - note that sometimes when an event is not full a few of us on Teamspeak may join 'to make up the numbers' - no chance of that tonight...
2) After crashing out on Lap 1 of race 1 I am sitting here babbling on, on the forums whilst I wait for the 25 minutes race to end so I can join race 2....

Please, please, please DO NOT vote RD Servers through early - there are RD Club Members who due to work/other commitments (especially US Drivers) who have to join in the last few minutes.

I do hope that no one gets into trouble for this, I understand that some could not go out on track, and was just about to suggest to those in Teamspeak that they leave and rejoin - thankfully no one did leave, but how would you feel if you left knowing you had 10 minutes to rejoin only to find the server had moved on and you could not join???

There rant over, I'm gonna watch the rest of race 1 and hopefully not crash out on Lap 1 of Race 2 !!!

I'm in total agreement with Dave on this. The official practice, qualifying and warmup sessions SHOULD NOT be voted through for any reason. There is a very clear schedule in the event thread that is to be followed, not abandoned because a few individuals get impatient. If you don't want to drive for a particular session then that's fine, go do something else until it's over. Do not start a vote and ruin the session for those that actually want and expect it to last for the stated period of time! There's no 'majority rules' here. These are RD events which follow RD rules and RD schedules.

As for the limited qualy session problem mentioned in the server chat, I'll look into that and see if I can find out what the problem was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes