RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I don't want to argue with you, because as you said: this is fun! For me as well!
As i stated, it was my fault, no question, and sorry!
I really love the fights, also with contacts, of course between the limits, so small contacts side by side are fine, and they are parts of the touring car races. Normaly nobody plan to push others (i hope), but this could be happen sometimes.
About the lag: new to me, but i'll check it.
I hope we will meet next time, without any anger, etc!;)

1)Overtake with contact when side by side is considerd race legal.

Not necessarily. While it may be forgiven in some motorsports, it's a very fine line. A bit of paint swapping is always going to occur but as Michael said above you should try and avoid contact at all times. Heavy or deliberate contact is NOT allowed and you are always expected to follow RDs rules:
RD Golden Rules said:
3. If you hit another driver during a casual club race and disadvantage him, we expect you to stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful.

It's a club race and it's aim is to have fun, and i did.

Please remember that they are meant to be fun for everyone. 'Casual' is not the same as 'do whatever you like'.

I had my first podium in a race here, managed to finish 3rd in race 1. :cool:
Had a little touch with Ant in the hairpin, he turned in while I was still going forward. Bit of locked brakes for me. Too be honest, I didn't feel or see I had touched him. So I'm not sure if I really deserve this podium. :oops:

Second race started okay, got through the first corner in the same position I started in.
Before the second corner Huge hit the brakes about 50 meters earlier than I was used to do. So I rammed him in the back. Sorry for that. Got a little suspension problem out of that.
Going on to lap 5 I hit the brakes too hard, lost my back end and crashed into Victor. Again, sorry for that.

All in all I had much fun this morning.
Thanks all for these races.

Please look at the replay Ross, and you'll see what it was all about.And add to that a car that teleports meteres from side to side back and forth every 0.2s.
Side by side contact was made because of lag and not because it is considered race leagal and i took advantage of it beeing legal.

I never mind beeing hit or bumped in a race as long as it is not intentional, and if i'm hit hard by mistake it's ok for me .. i consider it karma for my mistakes where i wrek drivers, but mistake is one thing, intention or "payback" for an earlier incident is another.

I have much more to learn before i can get offended by other drivers mistakes beacause i make them too and quite alot.
Anyway i wish to end this by calling it even, we both made mistakes, we both got carried away by the heat of the battle and we both are trying to improve our driving skills, bumps,hits, tension are just a part of the process.

No sorry for that Richard,you just ruin my race!!!;) Just kidding...
No problem with that Richard,I went for the brakes too early on race 2 in T2 I was expecting some mess in T2 so I went for the brakes a bit early for caution,and I confess that I was with a bit of sleep too:D,but was fun to race with you all.
Hope to race with all again in next events...

I use pretty much default setup. Only changed gear ratios to 2nd 2,06, 3rd 1,64 and 4th 1,40; rev limit 7500; caster 4,0 (may be placebo) and ride height and shocks don't do any change for me. My best time is 223794 so far. I'm sure I won't be the fastest. And I don't use 1st gear.

Please look at the replay Ross, and you'll see what it was all about. And add to that a car that teleports meteres from side to side back and forth every 0.2s.

Side by side contact was made because of lag and not because it is considered race leagal and i took advantage of it beeing legal.

You're taking my comments the wrong way. I am not talking about anything specific that you or anyone else did during this or any other race. I am merely pointing out that RaceDepartment has it's own rules regarding contact between drivers. They do not say 'side by side contact is legal', they say that if you hit another driver and disadvantage them then you must cede the position. Mistake or not, everyone is expected to follow that rule.

The rules we have are designed to keep the racing clean, fair, and enjoyable for all. They are what makes us different from public servers where anything goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes