RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

SERVER 1*

seeing posts here with 1.49 times i was thinking ba you wont be competive si i was not expecting much today
but in praccy already it turned out i am pretty competive in qualy i broke my pb with a 1.49.6 what gave me 4th right behind my team mate Daniel

race* i got a exelent start and could pass Daniel for 3rd but my spoter saw he is faster so he gave me the order to let him pass from then we was chasing Ben and Gary running 1 and 2
after 20 mins of the race i flipped my mini coming out of the 2nd last turne
falled back to 11 or 12 th i think now behind Marcel who gave me not a easy job to pass him :) i then missbraked cuz of shoted tyers so i entered the pit on place 6
coming out on 11th and was fighting for some good laps so i would pass Marcel while he is in the pits worked out well :)
then i was chasing Roy and Ryan roy did a error on that downhill right hander and i passed him inside
a few laps later Ryan tryed out what is stronger his mini or the armco now running again 4th ;D
again a few laps later i noticed i am 3rd and Gary is on 7th?? so one more spot for me
14 secs behind the 2nd and 14 secs infront of Marcel or Roy i think i braked for turne 1
and my *censort* Pc hung up for a few secs and came up again with wired colors
sorry if i coused any trubble i then left the server

Well I have finally finished and endurance race.

quali went ok, P8.
Race started ok, I made up one position to P7 and then on lap 2 something strange happend in the S's after the tight left hander. There was a mini lying on its roof in the centre of the track which I hit??? and damaged suspention. Carried and had a nice fight with Razvan for many laps.
After pit stop myself and David have a 20 lap fight for P3. He over took once and we touched I went off a little and he gave back the position (THANK YOU) and we carried on our fight till the end of ther race finishing in P3.

Thanks guys I enjoyed it.

Grats to Ben!!!

Well, for me, i started to ride this afternoon with a low 1.55..
By far not good enough..
Some more tweaking, and finally i came up with a 1.52 something, in qualy.
So i had the 13th spot on the grid, quite ok.
Than during the race, i was in a league of my own.
So did not encounter to much traffic.
I did a nice 360 somewhere in the beginning.
Had one accident while driving on the limit, i though i passed.
But it seemed i was driving in a blind corner.
So had a minor suspension problem.
For the rest i was just doing my laps.
Driving close to 52's + 53,s most of the time.
Finished as 7th... Not bad for my first Mini Endurance.
Had some nice moments there, and quite a good race.
Hope to see you all on the track again soon.
Was really fun!

Joined for practice and was nowhere,mid 151's were the best i could do,went and got Bens setup for qual and BANG...1:49.3 to start 2nd behind Ben on pole (good times :) )
Got the drop on Ben from the lights and took T1 for the lead and we were up and away,early plan was not to battle and try and make the breakaway,it seemed to be working,me and Ben exchanged the lead numerous times yet still didnt lose time doing it,ofcourse it was all done in a "team" style ;).
Eventually we had a nice gap and had made our break,then Ben in the lead bins it at that fast downhill right,so i now had a 10sec gap in the lead,then the tyre warnings came,which was not too good as i had chosen a preset to pit with no tyre change (gawd knows why...),so i pitted and quickly scrolled up to now include tyre changes,i made the top 2 tyre options green and confirmed,i though im sorted here for a comfy win!!??....
As soon as arrived at T1 and turned in i almost slid off sideways,hmmm maybe just really cold tyres eh??...next turn same thing,and so on all through the lap,like the back end had no tyres,just rims!??,at the final turn i lost it badly and Olaf had to get in trouble trying to avoid me,which he somehow remarkably did!!,sorry Olaf,and thank you.
I scrambled back on track and went straight for the pits just in time to see Ben swish past to the lead,it was now i noticed the new pit options menu for the first time,all tyres now have an option to change,and a wear gauge,so at my pit i just changed front tyres,this time i ended up changing them all,yes even the fronts that had only done a lap...came out in 7th 20 secs behind....(bad times).
I pushed for the hell of it to see what might be recovered,ended up spinning at the same place as Ben earlier with a wandering mind...bit of susp damage,but no big deal,but the gap to those ahead was now ridiculous.
Dont know what went on ahead,but on the last lap i was now in 6th and making big inroads on Ryan 5th,he defended my advances robustly and he was suffering from some big old lag spikes as well,i thought that chance had gone until the final 2 turns,i backed off and followed and made a gap and picked the timing perfect for a drag to the line,must have took 5th place from him by a minis bumper width :D (back to good times).

Big Grats to me team m8 Ben for salvaging some team pride,good job all podiums!!.
Cheers Andrew for a truly brilliant and oh so much fun Mini night :peace:

Server #2

Started 17th (last), mainly because it was my first event here and did not set a qualli time, I wanted to see how things developed. Managed to avoid a few big crashes early on and started making consistent 1:52 ish lap times:woot:. Finally finished 5th with a pb of 1:51.559 ( quite a jump from my earlier post). Pity setups are only for Premium Members it is hard with default and a tweak on camber.

Congratulations to Grégory Cogotti.:)

All in all had a great time, thoroughly enjoyed myself and look forward to the next event.

Thank You Andrew for organising this event.:woot:

• Chris Noble

I had an excellent race

Got up to 4th in practice but couldnt find the extra time in quali and so started 8th.

Got a good start and half way along side Yvers Lrose(sp?) with me on the inside and him on the outside, next thing he swerves to the right and his car hits mine sending him out of control and back onto the track backwards hitting me again, Not sure why the violent movement as 2 cars can easily fit side by side into turn 1 as I did later on with Nigel Atkins.

Had a good fight aftewards with Nigel Atkins and Ryan Callan who tried to get past me with out luck. Then saw Micheal Harryman rolling his car on the final corner! gifting me 3rd place :)

Ben Tusting comes out of the pits just in front of me, but hes too fast, but gary has not pitted yet, thinking he will just extend his lead with shorter pit stop and have less fuel and better tires for a shorter distance. pits and extends his lead, next lap round like see gary not moving and a backmarker not moving, thought oh no crash!, but as gary said, pit problems.

I have yet to have a single thing go wrong with pitting except for not being able to find the entrance last night on that crazy sweddish track!

server1:
Qualified on p4 behind Michael my teammate, who today was very fast LOL :wave: . Start was ok and was then able to get pass Michael :dance: . Then I tryed to follow Gary and Ben, who was on p1 and p2 changing positions a few times. Gap was 2-3 sec constant. I pushed all I had but these 2 infront was faster :whistle:. A few laps before my pitstop then the gap to p2 was 3.5 my internet disconnected :censored:

Here's a screenshot of Gary and Ryan at the line

Race_Steam 2008-10-24 23-36-06-73.jpg

• Andrew Evans

geezers! another bundle of mini fun!

not much running but managed to get to a low 1:51 by qually... and that was good enough for me!

started 12th... had some lovely battles in the early laps, including 4 cars deep into the first coupla corners with somebody lagging all over the shop :D

also had a nice fight with olaf in parts...

made one kamakazi pit stop mid-way, saw myself heading for a discreet little yellow cone aside the pit entrance... a warning from practice flashed across my mind: "lol, yellow cones"... screech... flip... rotate on roof... +10 style points...

had some other nice fight in the 2nd half (am a bit toasted & sketchy on the details)...

finished 8th!... and once again, feel like i'm making progress... love these mini nights!

ledenon looks to be ok, but am gonna confirm it in a bit... if so, we'll return for ledenons revenge next week :peace:

Well, this was a blast.

But let me start at the beginning; same as Michael i was kind of surprised by the times that were mentioned earlier in the post.
But thanks to first Michael and then Ryan for sharing their setup (major kudos to you both) i managed to do consistent 1:50's / 1:51's.
Never thought that was possible.

So qualy went rather well which placed me on the 9th position.
Start of the race i was doing just fine until i saw Yves spun out in the first corner, i could steer clear of him but i hit the barrier on the right side which damaged my suspension.
But despite that i was on the pace.
Had a great time keeping Michael behind me.
Then came the pitstop, i planned it in lap 23, changed all four tires and put 22 laps of fuel in there.
When i came out i was 11th but much faster than most people in front.
Also after a while mistakes were made which eventually got me in 4th place behind Roy. I thought i would never catch up with him he was way ahead, but somehow i got him in my sights and found that i was actually quicker. So i raced and raced him and i finally got past him in the second to last lap which gave me third place.....:peace:.

All by all i had a wonderfull event tonight....
Thnx to Andrew and RD for setting it up.

Special thanks to Michael And Ryan for sharing their setups:hug:

Thanks to everyone turning up at short notice :D

Managed to be solid on Quali, no mistakes but nothing spectacular either.

On race start got a good start, nothing like Bram's since I was in the Audi. Then it went downhill, I never checked how the car handled with a full tank, finding in the race that it was very much oversteer was not fun. Fell down the pack, not easily I still tried to fight but not easy when the rear steps out. Eventually I got a side tap from Chris which sent me into the barriers with a puncture, pit stop to repair that outside of the pit window.
Coming out of the pits a lap down but fresh tyres I kept up with the field nicely as everyone started pitting with a nice side by side moment with James :D
Pitted inside the pit window this, new left tyres again and set to work chasing Thierry for a place who seemed to be struggling and managed an easy pass.
In the last 10 minutes I saw a possibility of another place from Ryan but fell short by just 0.8 seconds :(

• Andrew Evans

the servers are now up and running...

server #1 is everything.... server #2 is just round 1....

for rounds 3 and 4 we'll allow spectators to join the server and watch the battle... i will post in this thread to let you know when it's ok to join...

Qual 7th. Got a reasonable start slotted into 7th, managed to avoid first lap carnage with the cone!!!!! came out 3rd. Was 12sec behind front 2 when Richard made a mistake,was behind him for a few laps when he ran wide then left the game??

Pitted lap 23 with 13 sec gap to 3rd,took on 4 tyres, 21 laps fuel. Came out behind Razvan who was havin some big slides, dont think he took on new tyres. Soon got past and held 2nd place to the finish, was never gona stay with Gregory who was flyin:flame:well done m8.

Thanks to Andrew for these gr8 events:yo:

Got a good start and half way along side Yves Larose(sp?) with me on the inside and him on the outside, next thing he swerves to the right and his car hits mine sending him out of control and back onto the track backwards hitting me again, Not sure why the violent movement as 2 cars can easily fit side by side into turn 1 as I did later on with Nigel Atkins.

Chris i swerves to the right cause i was putting a move on the guy infront of me and i didn't see you come along side me, i thought i was clear to move right. sorry to have hitting you and i'm glad it didn't spin you off. i didn't get to finish the race due to my pc freezing hard solid :censored: but i had some good fight while racing. :yo:

Didn't quite get it hooked up in qualifying,but I did a 1.49.8 which saw me 5th on the grid and wasn't too unhappy with that.

It was a formation start from the front five on the start, heading into turn 1, I saw a car spinning backwards, narrowly avoiding me, but I slotted in behind Plaikner. Wasn't concentrating into the hairpin (looking in my mirror) and misjudged my braking point slightly and slid into the gravel, losing places to Noble and Atkins. Nigel made a mistake a couple of laps later and me and Chris slipped by, Nigel running side by side with me in the last corner though!

I set off in pursuit of Chris, who I was faster than, but this is a hard track to pass on, I got a great run out of the final turn and slipstreamed him into Turn 1, where tried a wonder move around the outside. I would have pulled it off, but Chris ran in a leetle too hot (not your fault Chris) and nudged me, which saw me in the gravel. This left me around 5 seconds behind Nigel and Chris, who I could see were having a ding dong battle. We came across Hermann rolling his Mini in the final turn lol.

Just before I pitted, coming up to lap Moutinho, he span in a very strange place on the just after the downhill right-hander, causing me to miss my braking point while avoiding him and sliding off into the gravel at the hairpin again! I pitted around the 19 lap mark, and changed all four tyres. I was tempted to change just 3, but I presume 3 takes as long as four. Anyway I rejoined in 13th (the pitstops take a loong time!) just behind Bunschoten, who I immediately passed.

Next lap, somehow Roy came out of the pits ahead of me, but I madea dart up the inside into Turn 1 and managed to hold him off into Turn 3, he put up a fight! I started pulling away from Roy, but made a big mistake on the penultimate corner, flying through trees and over grass on the inside, rejoining next to the pits lol, losing two places. Next lap I ran slightly into the gravel at the hairpin again!

I caught up to Roy, who had been passed by Michael and going down the downhill right hander, we both made the exact same mistake, putting half an inch of tyre on the exit, causing us to engage in some synchronised spinning lol.

I tried to capitalise on Marcel's and Roy's fight but it wasn't to be, I was by now struggling with my tyres and the pain in my wrists. Somewhere along the way I squashed Gault into the tyres while lapping him! Sorry Nial! I thought you were letting me past. Luckily, he didn't gain too much damage or lose any time.

Coming into the final laps, Gary was closing on me fast and I defended vigorously on the final lap, but to no avail. 100 metres from the line I lost 5th place! Waaah!

All in all, great fun. Just frustrated by my continuing silly mistakes and poor race strategy. Plus I need a steering wheel - the controller isn't fast enough or comfortable enough. My wrists were really swollen after this race lol.

Thanks Andrew and RD :becky:

Actually, having just had a run on this track, I'm afraid I'm going to have to withdraw... I just don't believe I can give enough time to getting familiar enough to not be a danger... This track is insanely thin at places and is amazingly unforgiving.

Have fun all.

Cheers - Neil Gardner

I kind of feel the same and I just realized the race will be somewhere at 2~3am my time... A little too late for that track:)

Sorry.

Like Warren said Melco Hairpin should be obvious, and also the fast right hander, even racing the AI at Melco hairpin try and shoot up the inside instead of going wide to make the turn and see how many times you are successfull out of 10 :) my guess is, if 1 is your answer you are doing extremely well, also Mandarin Bend I have just tried that against AI sever times today on lap 1 or a few laps down when cars are settled and side by side you have about a 1 in 5 chance of pulling it off against AI, and that is due to them seeing it coming and allowing room with human opponent = no chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events