RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Sorry all for leaving and rejoining several times during practice session. Since the installation of GTR Evo I got many problems with the game.. sometimes I can race for several hours, other times it won't work at all. Today seemed to be such a day, I hope everyone had a great race.

See you soon on another event, I hope I'm able to fix these issues.

• Andrew Evans

internet connection dropped on the grid formation
HULK SMASH!
now i'm on hold with the call centre imbeciles.... was really looking forward to this one :( hope y'all have a good one....

BSOD! Gah!

Oh well, it's not like I was doing anything :p I find it helps if you stay facing forward on the black stuff, not practising your pirouette on the green stuff :censored:

I started off well in quali, 13th of 18/19. I was quite pleased.

However I messed up the start BIG TIME...next time, hold the revs, but DON'T put it in gear :hurt: Stop'n'go straight away

Back out on the track about lap 19 I hit the wall, lose my rear wing, damage the front wing aaaand the suspension.To make it worse I managed to do this coming out of turn 1. :pound:

Anyway 4 laps later, I blue screen :smash: Not a happy bunny.

I would like to apologise if I got in anyones way. I did my best to let people lap me as easily as possible, so I hope I didn't slow you down too much.

Good race, though it's proved I have a LOT to learn :amen:

Was a pretty dark day for me :(
Qualifying went badly, couldn't get the setup for the care, and I just could climb to the fromt, and couldnt get under a 2:07 for some reason. Congratulations to the guys who managed 2:04s though.

Race 1 was same story, I made up 2 places coming to turn 2, and I was careful to brake in time, and I was very close to the cars in front, but didn't damage eachother. But out of nowhere, someone rams me from behind, and my suspension is destroyed. Braking was unstable, car was unbalanced, and I managed to limp to the finish.

Race 2 was surprising, due to a great start, I moved from 18th to 12th before turn 1, and I lost a position in turn 2, as I just didn't have the speed in the setup. But, alas, before the lap finished, I was nudged off the track, and booted to the bottom of the grid, and due to myself pushing too hard to gain position :) I went head on into the pillar in turn 2 (the red & white on on the inside of the corner) and there goes my suspension! I retired later in the race as I had to go.

Overall I was impressed by the turnout, some great guys, who knew their place, and didn't get heroic (I can't mention names, but there were some rough ones ;)). I would have loved to have been near the front, battling with some great racers, but I need a bit more experience in the WTCC cars, never raced them online before. Also, I am not ecstatic about the Istanbul track either. But I hope to race with these guys again in future.

Just my report on things ;)

Mark

You mean 19th off the grid in race 2:) I was 18th... lol...

BTW, you had some kind of lag issues... you car was flashing all over the place. There was no way to get close to you as I had no idea where u really stood on the track. I wasn't the only one who saw that (someone commented on the same issue during the race)...

Sorry for you Daniel and Andrew!

I kicked out myself hitting the wall going to first pitstop. I thought they would repair me, but my crew completely refused to work. Maybe they had no spare for my right rear wheel.

Up to that point the race was really good and interesting. After testing different fuel loads for most of the quali session I decided to do 2 stops. I intended to pull away from the start but Damian started a lot better and catched me after the counter straigt. I had felt I was faster, but he seemed to have lower wings thus overtaking him took a lot of effort. First time I passed him I did a mistake in the following corner. Damian avoided me kindly :thumb: so I let him pass again. Second attemt I got was better then. Additionally Thierry put much pressure on me. After I got passt Damian I hoped to gain a second per lap to make up some time for my additional pit stop, but only got some thenth or nothing so I became a little uneasy. Finally this very bad move into the pits came ...

Watching Thierry and Damian I learned they were on a 2 stop strategy too. I did not expect that afte the Donington race. This F3000 1 hour races are sooo nice !!! It brings me a feeling of real Formula 1.

One last word. I strongly recommend to make Thierry a premium member. He is a top driver in all regards!

I hope this series will continue ...

Thanks all, especially Andrew and RD for setting this up!
Nico

awsome race guys

in qualy i did quit well came out of it on place 7 with daniel dropping out i was 6th on grid

race*
the start was realy good for me but could not accelerate full cuz of the cars in front had a bad start
i finaly made it to the outside line and catched 1 place back after the first lap i was up to 4th o.O chasing the 3 top runners on the straits the left me pretty much in the dust
but the infield i came allways close up again :)
but over time i lost to much on the straits so i dropped back and gary closed up from behind, we had a great fight for some laps till we startet to over take
i lost a little bit in that atemp and insteed to shift to 3 at the apex befor accelerating
i stayed in 2nd and then there was a hughe black wall end of race

plz someone shoot me for beeing soo stupid

Started 3rd due to Daniel leaving server for whatever reason (was 4th before)

Got a nice start and passed Thierry off the line then going into turn 1 I sneaked past Nico to take the lead. Hold onto 1st for a bit with some good defensive driving. After a nice and clean fight with Nico he got past after a bit, then Thierry a little later on got past after another nice little fight. I soon realised that my gears where not setup correcty for 2 corners when racing them though. The long right hander I was losing half a second + on Thierry and Nico and the corner leading up to the main straight I was losing around another -400, everywhere else my car was very good but those 2 corners losing a second and I guess more fuel (was on a 1 stopper) made it hard to stay with Nico and Therriy once they got past, I could do 24's on a good clean lap with 1 stop fuel and losing a second at those corners though, if I set my gears up better I could of been doing 23's on a 1 stopper.

I pitted with about 35 minutes to go and put 27 laps of fuel in and thought that would be enough to get me to the finish, but with 25 minutes to go I realised I was never going to have enough and started very low revving as I did not want to make another stop and potentially lose a podium spot. Thierry made his 2nd stop and it put me in 1st place with around a 30 second lead but it was touch and go if I was going to win as I was really low revving in the last 20 minutes doing 129's and 130's compared to 124's I could do normally, in the end I had to slow down even more and Thierry with enough fuel at full speed doing 123's? and 124's and me going 4 seconds + slower due to running out of fuel he got past with 4 minutes to go to take the win.

Still 2nd place a good result, could go on about if's and but's but I won't, was a good race from everyone and some clean racing too and it's nice to finish my first RD race after PC problems @ Monaco, was a nice experience and thanks for putting this on.

Very enjoyable night in the F3000's for me.
Qual 6th was fine i thought and got a mighty start launching to P3 for T1 :becky:,lost a place down the straight and had someone else wanting the place the lost at the start back ASAP!,i chucked away all my good work at the tight awkward right hairpin with too much curb there and a visit to the grass losing various places,recovered and got on with a bit of battling with Michael,it was the battle of mistakes really with both of us passing,then going off a bit and being passed!!...:p,eventually Michael dropped out of sight and right off my radar,unlucky problems m8,that was fun close stuff :thumb:.
I make a decision i can make these one set of tyres last the hour and see if i can make up some of my by now plenty lost time through errors,not practicing pit entry started my downfall!,i slowed to pit limit speed at that green light at pit entry start,but the actual point where the limiter comes in is much further down pit road,so i blasted up to speed again looking for a white line or something,but made a mess of it and speeded in the pits hugely,S&G pen here we come....couple of laps later i decide to get the S&G done and this time use my pit entry experience and get it right,then what i thought was confirming serving my S&G was actually "Postponing" it!!??!?! pfffffz!, lesson learned,Dont Touch Any Pit Menu Options to do a S&G Penalty!!,so off i go again seriously contemplating quitting to spectate,but i decided to go back and get the S&G right,the second attempt went perfect and so easy with a practice run...:p:pound:.
Now with ever wearing out tyres i had Mr. Hansi chasing me down applying pressure right to the finish!! :evil:,just managed to keep in enough control to hold 4th!, Happy with that all things considered.
Congrats Thierry our recent Premium Club member arrival!,nice way to announce ones arrival m8 :thumb:.
And also a new face Damian on 2nd spot,that was a nice way to introduce yourself to the single seater team boss for upcoming NGP m8 :thumb:.
And finally Neily Gault!! podium through what must have been sheer cunning and stealth tactics!!!?,Well Done Buddy :thumb:.
Cheers RD's very own Andrew for putting this together.....then gets puter crashed out and misses it"!!?!? &^*&@:&^%.....
Sorrys for others who ended up missing this for various techo reasons...

• Andrew Evans

glad to see things went dandy style!... i'll rustle up another one for next week :)

edit: and bt might have finally fixed my disconnects! :dancing:

very nice race , I like the F3000
qual: 3rd with one 1.22.5
race: 2nd on the grid, bad departure for me and I touch a little Gary with the braking of the T1, sorry Gary then I remain a little behind time that my tires is at good temperatures and I start to take a good rate, I return on Nico and Damian, I make some attempts at goings beyond but without forcing, the race lasts 1:00
I pass Damian then I maintenances variation with Nico and as it went as quickly as me, J have continuation thought that one had the same strategy I make my 1st Pit and I am 6th at this time, I go up very quickly and Neil is in front of me, qualques towers behind him then I have pass it, here me is 1st and my advance increases with each laps, J have a little advances on Damian but will be right for the end of the road because I must make my 2nd pit and there remain 10 mm of race, Damian has 30" advances on me but with the tyres ones used, I go up easily on him and I pass it without qu it can resist and I finish the race 1st
I think that the good strategy this evening was to make 2 stops :thumb:

Thanks all and RD ,

and another event in F3000 Silverstone :clap2:

should of done better in qual but was happy enough with 9th. Started the race with a full tank so i knew it was going to be hard work keeping some lighter cars behind me but i ended the lap in 7th and even with the heavy car i was able to slipstream victor for 6th place the next lap. After that it was just a matter of keeping it on the track and staying in front of those guys chasing me down and i am sure i heard Simon swear at me more then once :D

I kept going until lap 30 then stopped for a quick splash of fuel and got a pleasant surprise when i came out of the pits in 3rd with a healthy gap to the 4th place car behind me. By the end of the race my 25 second gap was down to around 14 seconds as i struggled to get the power down on very worn tyres.
So a very good fun race and thanks for making it so guys. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back