RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

So ... what was the verdict on rain?
Does it cause a track crash or not (imagine lots of mini crashes tho :wink:)?

... from a realism perspective, if it rains over there at Laguna Seca they just don't race ... and its Cal-I-forn-I-A man ... its not a place its meant to rain is it?

Not tried it either way round, but my pre-emptive vote would be to save the rain for a more fitting track ... what about the Isle of Man TT circuit ... hmmmm now there is a track I have to remember to go look for :becky:

• Andrew Evans

nah... we'd just been running some laps and wandered into the warmup... i left towards the end of that but assumed those that remained would have voted it back to practice... obv they haven't... sorry - should have suggested it afore i quit out....

• Andrew Evans

i just tested it now in my local dedicated server and it was dandy... so we're all set for wetness ahoy...

and as for those guys not racing in the rain... that just makes my inner child giggle :)

i spent a lap or two thinking this was a) insane and b) completely uncontrollable... turns out i overlooked the fact i was still sitting on slicks... top tip for the future, that :D

i'll look to getting the real server setup in the next day or so, so we can do the usual online compatability checks....

A lot of fun even from the back of the pack (as I predicted). I qualified 23rd with a lap time of 2'08.7. I was about 1~2 second of the mid-pack pace (a 2'06 would put you 15th on the grid)
1st race
At the start the car in front of me stalls and I have to go around it which actually was a pretty good thing as I avoided the crash in T1 and T3. I am 15~16 at that point. I got passed by some of the guys that crashed and settled in 19th. Then I followed some crazy BMW driver who kept on going off-roading every other corner :) I ended up passing him in the back and finished the race 18th. The really sucky part is I wasn't even close to my qualifier times. Best of the race was 2'11????
2nd race
Humm… not as much fun… this time I have a pretty good start… I am ~13th going into T1. I think I might have slightly bumped into someone on the inside (sorry far that). Then I get in T3 where once again there is a crash ahead of me. I slow down to avoid it only to be rammed HARD from behind (not sure by who). By the time I recover I am 20th or so… I drove a couple of laps, but I got suspension problems and my car seems to be all over the place (or maybe it was just me). I end going too hot in T1 and hit the wall. Punctured tire. Game over.

All in all a lot of fun!! Thank you Simon… but my total inexperienced showed (first racing game and have been playing since Sept 13th). I learned that if you can avoid crashing and running 2~3 seconds slower you still might place in the middle:)

I will be back for more.

Thank you everyone.

-Eric

First off thanks to the RD guys for letting us pending members in :thumb:

Well, watching some of the guys practice I thought I was going to be starting last come practice, you have some nicely set up cars lads, can't get rid of my understeer.

Anyway qualified P19 and had an awful start, the benefit of a clutch pedal was blindingly obvious. I think everyone made it through the 1st corner cleanly, then it was a case of just making it through the carnage of the first few corners, ended up P14 by the end of lap 1 so well chuffed. Managed to get up to P12 by Lap 2 then got in a sandwich coming into the first corner and didn't leave enough room for Ludovic Coggotti and turned in a bit early on him, sorry Ludovic, I got in a spin lost a few places then had a lonley race so I concentrated on just finishing. Ended up P15

Race 2 was again a bad start, so much wheelspin, from P15 down to P20 by turn 1 ouch....made a few places back then got too hot into turn 5 and nerfed Eric Kazmareck, sorry mate, then got tagged myself and sent into a spin on the fast 3 left handers which put me down to P20. Had a good few laps chasing down cars in front, then had a great scrap on the last lap with Silvestri Roberto right down to the last 2 turns...excellent stuff.

I hope I get the opportunity to race with you guys again in the future, it was a really good night. :thumb:

Steve :becky:

Hehehe... no problem man:)

Not sure its something in the water down here (pardon the pun) as we have had a series of crappy things happen with PC's today buuuut ...

I was just splashing around in my galoshas (wellies) pracising at Laguna Seca, and TBH was absolutely loving it, then all of a sudden my entire machine just froze ... no BSOD, no temp problems, no graphics driver issues that I can find logged anywhere (and touch wood have not had any of those for ages) ... just a completely frozen image of everything on screen but no response from anything :confused:

That was after around 11 laps in practice ... am gonna return there now for another quick blat, not sure it will reach 11 or 12 laps, but would be good if someone else should check this too.
Game was set to raining, not heavy rain ... pls could you confirm what setting you intended to use in the race on Friday Andrew 'cos it would be rubbish for this to happen on Friday?

Hopefull this will just be one of those rare "Bermuda Triangle" things, but would like to get it thoroughly tested since there are rumours of crashes with rain at this track.
(BTW ... I got a reasonably quick and stable machine, and was not suffering any FPS probs at all with my normal settings)

• Andrew Evans

we're talking 100% rainage.... i've asked for the server asap, in the meantime, would appreciate any and everyone having a test... chairs!

(myself, i ran about 5 laps with no problem)

... not good here am afraid.
I just set it on "raining" again and went back (not heavy rain)
... got a bit carried away this time as it seemed to be behaving and the track is sooooo much fun (you almost feel the drop in your stomach as you plunge down the corkscrew :D) ... did around 15 or 20 laps maybe in several stints, then typically on the lap I pull it all together and was looking at -1.8 seconds under my previous best time ... damn thing hung on me again coming out of last corner :doh:

Same deal ... no BSOD, just completely frozen :Cry:

Am off to bed as its 2 hours later than I originally wanted to hit ma pit tonight, but recommend several others properly test this and do a good half hour to an hour ... maybe its true and they really do not race in the wet at Laguna Seca and so its programmed in to the track to crash if you try to :pound:

If its stable in the dry, and as this track is so much fun to drive in the mini, I would seriously love to see us keep the location and just postpone the rain (... if only that was possible in real life huh?) :becky:

PS ... one further thing to look out for ... my wing and splitter settings were unlocked the first time I loaded this track in the mini (ie I could increase or decrease their values) ... 2nd time I loaded it, they were greyed out and locked to 1 :confused:

Well, that was a disaster....

Qualy went exceptionally good, managed to qualify second with a time that was 7 seconds faster than my previous best.
Start of the race was also good, hold on to second place.
Then came the first sharp left corner, wheels locked, car in wall...race over.
Now normally i wouldn't think of quitting with still the second race to come but i was too frustrated.
So sorry guys for bailing out on you, i hope you had a nice race and i see you all at the next USA event.

They let me stay in for the races turning up cold on spec in a E46,race one i managed 3 laps before stacking into a wall causing that nice radio man to tell me the damage was not repairable.
Race 2 i never got lap one completed before a repeat stacking it performance,some day i must realise the WTCC BMW's are of no use to me,just cant relate to them in anyway,thank the lord real BMW's dont behave like that under braking,the insurance paperwork would be a nightmare :p.
Looks like Yves was shaping up for a double when my PC had its 4th or 5th? fatal crash this evening,well done all who could survive,and thanks for letting me make up the numbers briefly :thumb:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back