RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Dariusz, by the look of it, the pack in your link is the same one available here on RD. Don't take my word for it.

Edit: Just noticed that the skin pack hosted here on RD has last years TrackDevil Racing skins in it. These will not work with the ATCC mod. I had submitted a new pack to Eric. Not sure how those got mixed in there. Also, for some reason there are 2 .ini files in that folder, when there should only be one. I am downloading the skin pack from the megaupload link now to see if it's the same in there.

Edit2: Ok, oddly enough both archives seem to contain pretty much the same files, but one is 50 megs larger than the other. You can delete the TD ATCC folder included in either pack, as these are wrong and will not work. Here's a link to the correct TDR skin pack: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6971486/TrackDevil%20Racing.rar

Edit3: On closer inspection, the version of the archive hosted here on RD includes duplicates of each and every file. Stick to the archive on megaupload for now.

Another nice event, the "shrinking" grid I’m sure was/is the usual result of on-going championships and also the “aging” of Race (something I’m sure GTR3 & rF2 will sort out).

1hr before official practice start I didn’t knew yet what car to take… Earlier this week I had made my decision regarding this event personal “mind disposition”: “fun”-“little effort” were some of the ideas I had in mind. :redface:

Went with the Toledo, a car that is known to be a "liability" in the GTS class (slow, not that durable, but good mid range nevertheless), but I always wanted to virtual-race it since I like the turbo sound when changing gears.:cool:

My first endurance event with it, well, my fist event wit it period… :tongue:

Qualification (2nd in the class)
Total race setup (fuel & all); the 2:08 was just because of the extra grip (Race qualifying session) and because I could rev the car at will.

Race (8th - 2nd in the class)
1st stint
At start I noticed immediately I would be losing almost a second a lap to Caramidaru’s C6
So, if all went without any "surprises", 2nd at most it would be...
Spent most of the 1st stint around Leonardo (Marcos), first in front (2nd) then behind (3rd), even failed a braking on the mid straight "artificial chicane" but all ended-up well specially when around people who know what they are doing, thanks & sorry :redface:

2nd & 3rd stint
Gained much time to Leonardo at the first pit-stop, about 20 seconds; from here until the end the gap stayed about that… sometimes it went to 15, others it would go near of 30 seconds. Yes, the C6 was far into the distance in 1st… :wink:
Overall everyone in the GTS class except Caramidaru had the same race pace, the small gaps between 2nd and/to 6th were due to small mistakes or due to the GTP overtakes in the “wrong” spot.
On the 3rd stint I decided for about 3 or 4 laps to use the full rpm range (the rpm limiter was in the middle setting), the result was a few laps in the 2:08, but with a loss of almost 1% engine a lap…:tongue:
My “real” race pace was much more around the 2:10 and even 2:12 when the tyres would go below 50% condition.
The Seat would go to lose almost 40% engine all event even if I didn’t rev it much above the rpm live value (6300 rpm) most of the race… :frown:

I did enjoy virtual racing it, had fun, have some ideas now how to improve my “deficient” setup (the car was too slow changing weight from one side to the other- although in that way it was more "predictable"), but no, I wouldn’t recommend using it for endurance racing to anyone :) For the "turbo sound", go with the 935 mod... :wink:

Congratulations to Martjin & Caramidaru, thanks everyone who took part, all first rate virtual racers and a final obvious thanks to Remco for setting another one up.

Dariusz, by the look of it, the pack in your link is the same one available here on RD. Don't take my word for it.

Edit: Just noticed that the skin pack hosted here on RD has last years TrackDevil Racing skins in it. These will not work with the ATCC mod. I had submitted a new pack to Eric. Not sure how those got mixed in there. Also, for some reason there are 2 .ini files in that folder, when there should only be one. I am downloading the skin pack from the megaupload link now to see if it's the same in there.

Edit2: Ok, oddly enough both archives seem to contain pretty much the same files, but one is 50 megs larger than the other. You can delete the TD ATCC folder included in either pack, as these are wrong and will not work. Here's a link to the correct TDR skin pack: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6971486/TrackDevil%20Racing.rar

Edit3: On closer inspection, the version of the archive hosted here on RD includes duplicates of each and every file. Stick to the archive on megaupload for now.

Thx for the follow up, but please tell me which link should I use right now to get evry thing work as it should be?

You can watch the broadcast a few ways, firstly go to the RD TV here http://www.racedepartment.com/content/685-rd-tv.html

If that link does not work, you can use this www.keithstrailers.com/broadcast.html

If you are having issues with it loading, just keep hitting play until it works.

The other option is to manually put in mms://85.88.20.62:3700 into Windows media player or another program like VLC

Just remember to keep hitting the play button over and over until it works.

Keith

:mad: very very sorry guys, my screen had frozen a minute after i had done my quali-lap and then a short time after the whole programm went down. i'm so sad :frown::poop:
as you know i could not join warm up then DAMN DAMN, thx SimBim
have fun guys, i have to swallow this now somehow, i'm very down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back