RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qual: Went off into the weeds in T10/Cunningham - ended up 9th(?)

R1: Followed whoever was in front of me and jumped the start. Missed the T2/T3 mayhem, served my stop&go and came out still 9th due to another stop & go and someone pitting for damage. Had 26 sec or so to make up, but a couple of incidents ahead pushed me to p7 by the end.

R2: Overcame an awful start (even for me) to end up in a 3-way, then 4-way battle with Ethan, Chris, and Paul. Chris started out in the front of the train, but all 4 of us took turns at the front. Paul did a really sweet pirouette in T16- almost blew my track out watching him stick the landing (Grade: 9.7). Order: Chris-Ethan-Eric-Paul. Passed Ethan in L5 when he went wide in the tower turn. L6 Paul gets inside of me and takes P6 in the tower turn. Ethan closes on us both but tracks wide in T17 and rides the wall. Lap 8 and Chris loops it at the apex of T4 allowing all 3 of us by. Final lap Paul taps the wall exiting Turn 1, allowing me to close the gap. Then he runs a little wide in T10 and I sneak by just as he's coming back on track. Finish P5. Excellent-clean race in the "second pack".

Thanks to RD & Eric N, as always :)

Got P2 in quali with some mistakes during the lap, surprised. i guess the some others made mistakes too :wink:
Had a really good start in R1 and took over the lead. Rhys then got me and then i made a stupid mistake outbraking myself in turn 1 of lap3 or something..was watching the mirrors for Philip brrr..who then overtook me. Had pressure from Simon for the longest part of the race. Philip then made a mistake like i did before, ran wide and allowed me to finish in P2. nice race.

R2 wasn't that nice, starting in 7th i knew it would be rough...but there was some carnage going on all around. Found me deep in the gravel after a hard hit from behind out of nowhere , i think the guy knows it himself. He didn't wait, next time do that m8. So i was dead last with a damaged car, after the long pitstop with repairs i was able to move up to 9th, which was some fun afterall.

Wasn't my best performance, but at least I know why. Good if you learn something from each race, from these two, I found that I had my front suspension way too high to do a race without a pitstop.

We will not talk about the first race, because for some uknown reason (I have investigated and found nothing) my monitor decided to drop to desktop, just as we were on the back straight doing over 220KHM, thankyou very much computer:mad: . Really sorry everyone who was involved.

Race two was okay. I had a really stiff front front that was destroying my fronts, but I could at least keep Paul Wood and Eric Estes in my sights. Still learning about my car and how to setup a car for ever circumstance.

One question though, has ANYTHING been done to my Alfa 156 07 car for this ATCC mod, because the car feels EXACTLY the same as the car I was hooning around Zhuhai not thirty minutes before jumping on Sebring today?

I believe the Alpha was not significantly changed in the mod.

The mods performance goals were to significantly close the gap to the HONDA / Chevy performance gap tot the rest of the models. Alpha was pretty strong right off so it only got minor work.

if you guys have not driven the 407 yet, your missing the hidden jewel of the MOD pack.

I believe the Alpha was not significantly changed in the mod.

The mods performance goals were to significantly close the gap to the HONDA / Chevy performance gap tot the rest of the models. Alpha was pretty strong right off so it only got minor work.

if you guys have not driven the 407 yet, your missing the hidden jewel of the MOD pack.

Well, could I ask for some better brakes please. :wink:

Always has been the Alfa's weak point to me compared to the other cars

heres a few screenies of the car i intend to run on friday
capture_2010-10-31_17-29-54.jpg

capture_2010-10-31_17-30-36.jpg

any tips or advice on how to make it better please tell me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals