RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well they were an interesting couple of races- two potential podiums but ran into trouble in both races. No problem Matt these things happen- you should download our skin pack- theres no missing us then :eek: :car:

Race 1 - 4th
Grid:2nd
Held 2nd for the first part of the race, Emil leading and Dan right behind, until coming out of Surtees I got a double downshift and ran off. No real problem only a second or so behind the top 2 and was beginning to close up until the Matt incident, down to 4th place.
Stayed 4th through the stops and until the end of the race couln't catch Peter ahead but it was fun trying whilst working through the lapped traffic.
Race 2 9th
Excelent start and straight up into 3rd through paddock. David Zaifu and Matt Clark were leading with me about a second behind.
Matt took the lead and I got into second after some great racing between 4 cars fighting for one bit of track.
Not long after but shortly after I had lag and everyone disappeared into Paddock I ran out wide through the corner and when it came back suddenly Matt was right infront and I had no where to go.
Gutted at that point as it was an ORR 1, 2 and I'd lost my front aero leading to a long pitstop.
Now in 11th fighting through first past Ethan, then Carl and onto the back of Terry but couldn't quite get the final point

Great racing everyone
Thanks Ivo, RD for hosting.

Had a gr8 time this morning :good:.

Qual was a bit crap as I had a very scruffy lap and could only post 11th fastest:rolleyes:.

Race 1: Well started well, but got a big bump from behind and that pushed me gently into Tom's Scirocco. Fortunately it didn't cause any damage for either of us. Then spent the next few laps getting held up by battling cars ahead. I had to take evasive action which dropped me a couple of places. Then David who had passed me lost the back end going up to Druids and I ended up in the gravel trying to avoid him:rolleyes:.

Decided to pit at the start of the pit window to get some clear track and avoid getting bulked any further. This turned out to be a very good call as I eventually came out 5th when everyone else had stopped. Struggled in the final couple of laps with my tires, but held of the car behind for 5th place:D.

Race 2: Starting 4th I got away well, but a Vectra behind got a better one and I was 5th into Paddock and Druids. Kept in close contact and around 3rd lap Emil got a run on me when I missed the apex at Graham Hill Bend and I turned in on him going into the fast switch back b4 Clearways:redface:. Had a big slide, but held it and kept my position. Again apologies to Emil as I wasn't intending to defend my position that robustly. Emil found his way past when I again missed an apex and I settled in 6th. I pitted at a more conventional time and I returned in 2nd. When Emil passed me again Peter in 1st pitted, so I was again in 2nd. I'm not sure where I gained those places, but I think i pitted a lap or 2 ahead of some guys which must of helped. Anyway I was happily keeping in touch with Emil and holding about 4 seconds to the car in 3rd. We closed on a group of cars fighting and as Emil had got past. I closed behind them coming through Paddock and they had a coming together entering Druids. I tried to thread between them, but the Seat span in my direction and I had to go outside and got into the gravel losing 2nd place. Dan closed up when I had a scruffy lap, but he went too deep into Clearways and I was given breathing space to drive home to 3rd.

Gr8 racing today and all seemed pretty clean and respectful out there.

Thanks Ivo and RD for setting up and well done everyone for the good racing:good:.

Reggie I just posted the solution for that before your post:( I'm sorry you couldn't join the battle!

Here's my report:
Quali: Pole position! In the Lada! Woohoo!
Race 1: Eric passed me in 1st corner but made a mistake in second so I got the lead back, which I lost a few laps later to Matt who was coming really fast behind me. As I defended for a while we also got Ross and Eric behind us! I made a mistake at Canada corner and both of them passed me as well! Then it was a huge fight 'till the end, where I finished 2nd behind Matt.
Race 2: Got a nice start, was 3rd after 1st corner, managed to pass Eric at turn 8 where he had an earlier braking point than me. After that I started to chase Matt, but he was faster by 1-2 tenths per lap. Then he started to slow down (or I became faster, didn't watch), but unfortunately for me, Eric also became faster and soon he reached me! We had a really great fight then! It seemed for a while that maybe we can both catch Matt, but I forgot about the earlier braking point of Eric at turn 8 and I had to react quickly, managed to get the inside line, but I believe Eric didn't expect me to be there as I didn't move in time (I didn't plan to pass him there), so we touched. Eric was behind me then but I let him pass after the Kink. Until the end we swapped places a several times, but he won the fight and finished 2nd, behind Matt who's driving was perfect today!

It seems that my setup for the Lada is starting to get somewhere, and I was really happy that I could match the speed of the other guys ahead, and man I could pass!:)

Really great races, thx Eric and RD for putting them up!

Thanks for some great racing guys! :good:

Had an excellent first race. Surprised myself by getting off the line like a rocket, and surprised myself even more by leading for a little while. :tongue: I had to really push like crazy to keep up though, which was evident by the fact my tyres were gone by lap 8-9. It was like driving on ice, and it was only 'luck' that go me on the podium.

Second race didn't go so well though. Completely buggered up my start by changing up way to early, putting me in last. Got back to 4th, but spent the next few laps watching the front runners getting smaller and smaller in front of me. Trouble was that for the first few laps you guys weren't slowing each other down enough! Oh well... at least I had some tyres left by the end. :)

Well done all, and I hope to race you again soon!

Servername: RaceDepartment.com CCR10
Class: 2010 Camaro Cup
Track: Bahrain (download)
Weather: Dry
Practice: Open server all day
Qualification: 15 minutes Superpole (19:00 GMT)
Warm-up: 10 minutes
Race: 2 x 10 laps​

Most important RD golden rules:​
  • Only sign up if you are sure you can participate.
  • Sign-ups can be refused by the race director.
  • No cutting in any sessions.
  • If you bump a driver, wait and give back his position
  • No chatting during Qualify or Race. Even sorry isn't needed. Do it after the qualify or race session.
  • No abusive language during any sessions.
  • Listen to the race director at all times.
  • If you feel harmed by an accident caused by a other driver, use the incident report. Send the Incident report to the race director through PM.
  • If you sign up for this race we expect you to be there before the qualify starts. If you are not present on the server, the racing staff will confirm the reserves.
  • Read and understand the RD rules! Click here
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organizer a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes