RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Race 1 was a good un ... qualied around 5th I think, finished 3rd after a mid race tustle with Chis.

Race 2 was a disaster ... lightening start, got 2 or 3 places off line, trying not to nerf Prib on my inside who was slowing hard, I got tapped on arse end slightly which sent me wide, no biggee ... came back on, thinking I had clear track to the inside I tried to get out of other's way who were coming back on and was aiming to get back on line ... but was clipped on arse end just at the wrong moment by by brother Lenno who I was kinda also inadvertently closing the door on (had no idea you were there mate).

Car went sideways, no way to recover, flew to inside, was worried about taking leaders out as I cut the corner so straightening car as much as I could and gassed it hard across the corner that I was cutting out of control. :eek:

Sorry to whoever was at the front and clipped me as I crossed their path ... not much I could do but prey I didn't create a total pile up ... luckily I don't think I did, did I?!! :?

Hit wall hard, damaged car badly and got a S&G ... decided it was probably time to take an early shower :rolleyes:

Never mind ... race 1 was good ... thanks Hugo et al for the racing and all the help ... was fun - will try not to leave it 4 months till my next one ;)

Bit of a tough track for the V8's, in race one i had a bad start so was scrapping away for 3rd for the first part of the race. Scraped the barriers a couple of times which seemed to affect my lap times a bit, with Peter & Morten way out in front.

In race 2, had a nice battle with Peter who was charging through the field, i just managed to keep ahead although i was all over the place under brakes for the last few laps, had some 'interesting' moments! Thanks for the fair fight Peter. Wd Morten, and cheers Remco!

Well, that didn't go well. Due to computer problem I hadn't been able to practice. Even though I've driven the track long ago and the car even longer ago it didn't go well at all.

Qual - last. I don't think that I've ever been last in qual before, but now I have. I just didn't get a good lap in and was still working on the setup.

Race 1 - next to last. Of course, the phone rings on the grid. I do manage to go around for the first few laps without damaging anyone else whilst talking on the phone. Then some Steam message popped up to ruin everything, making my screen black. I had one hell of a shunt, without hitting anyone thankfully.

Race 2 - DNF. Started really well, from well at the back of the grid I was rather high up after four corners. Me and Wernersen were hunting down Ribero for first. Ribero and Wernersen braked more than I expected for T1, and having got a great, on the edge, entry, I was on a line that I could not change quick enough, so I unfortunately tapped Wernersen. Really sorry about that! Recovering from that my computer threw another popup of some sort my way and I spun again. I just gave up there and then.

Qual: 8th

Race 1: Had an ok start and was up to 5th after a couple of laps where eventually I finished

Race 2: Had an ok start again but there was a bit of pushing in the first corners and I got up to 2nd with Ribero in front and Emil behind, a couple of laps in, when braking for the first corner I lost the back end and started to slide, and just avoiding Ribero, me and Emil went of ( are you sure you hit me Emil? because I was already sliding at a point of no return, so I would have gone of anyways, but anyway no worries:) ) got back on track and started to catsh Ribero again and passed him, at this G. Migazzi had already gone past when I spun of earlier so now I was in 2nd again, Hugo eventually got past also so I had to settle for great 3rd.

CYA next time, peace!!

Race one at T1 i got the poopy end of the stick so it was all about recovery fun,and i had plenty of that,all good stuff as well apart from a nudge on the back of Prib that against all the laws of physics,put him over on his roof,a pity really as i was enjoying the close pushing pressure,and i had many opportunities to hit his car i just managed to avoid time after time,then failed at a relatively easy bit,sorry m8,also sorry to Ronny and totally no probs with our incident m8.

Race 2 away not bad from the start and kept it cautious and tight for T1 and found plenty space there to do so as almost everything ahead disappeared out wide left,and no rear end shenanagins this time too so all fine.....until a flash of some weird camo colour scheme??...appears from nowhere on my visusal range or any other kind of warning,there was a clip across my front wing and then as quickly and oddly as this car appeared,it disappeared exit stage right,sorry there Lee m8,but honestly the first i knew about your car was it arriving from my left---a clip---and then gone----,no idea who or what it was until your report reading.
Further on another "moment" with Hugo,he says not my fault and i didnt need to wait,but i think it was my fault,the initial idea was good getting nicely alongside,but the final execution was terrible as i hesitated midway and tried to back out of the pass and ended up tagging Hugos back bumper by about 2cm :(,what it really needed was full commitment through the whole pass and at worst we would have had a side to side love-rub and very little loss,so sorry there Hugo,i wont leave my Porsche races so long next time and be a little less rusty.
Thanks to those i raced with nice and close.

Thank You Hugo & RD

I had a second go at it, still a bit to find, high 1:32's in reach, i think..

1:33:657

Again, i don't see anyone's time, only my in online time attack, have uploaded. Also i don't have a replay of my run as for some reason the game didn't recorded, the one it did was my very next run ( all runs in the same session ) as my hot lap from that session which it wasn't, not even 2nd or 3rd best...

If you feel i have to provide replay for the time to be valid, the hot lap recorded 1:33:850 and i can post it later if needed, let me know.

Attachments

• Dariusz Swiderski - 1_33_657.ta
    87 KB · Views: 168
Yves, I tried your setup just after you left and before quali. For the differences between yours and mine, they were very similar to drive and about the same laptime. It's not the cars I'm afraid.

I think this is a terrific version of the track. I've been on it in the F1 sims that have been out, it must be this great PC and Gcard that I have, nope, the smoothess of the track and the nice elevation changes really do make it more fun than the F1 sim version that I've been on. If I had practiced on it earlier in the afternoon maybe I would have been fast enough for Yves to have stayed for a race, LoL. As it was, I went through quali and one race just having fun on the track before heading off to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes