RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Can some of you post some times online so I can see what I'm up against, pretty please? :)

My best time so far is 1:55.235 1:55.159, though my average is closer to the 1:55.5 mark. That's with a race setup and half a tank of fuel.

For reference, I've been around the middle of the field in practice and quali during the last two events I entered. (Laguna Seca & Thunderloop)

Late sign up, on the road a right now but really think we should get some entries for this. So this event is now officially a donation drive . For every driver that races I will donate 1$ euro to rd.

So come and support Ed and save the kittens again, because for wert non entry a baby kitten dies.

Enjoyed this mod again, everyone behaved well in the opening lap of race 1, and i enjoyed battling away with Carl & Reggie after i spun early in the race. In race 2 i almost blew it for the whole field as i was taken by surprise and spun myself round in front of the pack, luckily no-one's race was ruined and i continued. Battled with Carl then set my sights on Morten, was closing by a couple of tenths when he went off, but i don;t think my soft tyres would've lasted the race the way i was trying. Kept the gap to 2nd constant for the rest of the race, but was lapping in the 52's. I won't use soft tyres for a 30 min race at barca again! Thanks for the
racing all.

This update feels slightly less twitchy than the previous version (1.5 i think) but still a little trickier than 1.4, and i think it's a good balance. Just like the real V8 supercars, you could potentially spin out in 4th gear (i had a few oversteery moments in barcelona's long turn 3) and you always had to be careful exiting the tighter corners. One difference i've noted is that it's now harder to decelerate from speed, which is good, as in v1.4 the car was a bit too stable going down the gears approaching a hairpin for example.
keep up the good work Gunthar! |Cheers remco!

P.s- how's the bathurst project coming along? I gave the beta a try but it seems to have been removed

Ahh man you two missed out on two cracking races.

Erling, Tom and myself had a good race for 7th in R1. I could blitz them in the first sector, but I would then be slowly left behind in the third sector. Was following Tom one lap, heading into the first hairpin, (where I was a good bit better on the brakes into). Tom had just had a slow exit previously, so went defense, but unfortunatly came back across just before the braking zone (Erling did something similar at this hairpin earlier, and Tom didn't move over as much, so maybe decided he wasn't going to risk being out dragged by me to the next corner), and I just managed to miss him, fell back to 9th and never recovered.

Sorry Erling if I tapped you when you tried taking me on the inside of the first corner. I was slow out of the last corner, and he got a good run on me. But he didn't have the power to pass before the corner, so we went in side by side, just behind Tom for good measure. I braked at my normal point, deciding to try and just stay on the outside to have the inside to the next, but Erling got further in due to being on the inside. But as moving from inside to outside like a car does. But his rear slides out slowly, and I just manage not to t-bone him. Looked at the replay, and it looked like his right rear scuffed my front left, but they phased through each other, and neither car acted like it was touched. So sorry if you felt something, I didn't.

At turns seven and eleven, I don't know why, but my Alfa never felt all that great throught them, also don't know how I could do the same mistake in both races going into turn one. Little mistakes that can be ironed out with more track time probably.

Otherwise, really great night of racing, shame that we only had 11 start the 1st race, then left with 8 for the 2nd for various reasons.

This track is definitly going into my fav collection, a track thats fast, flowing, doesn't lend itself to much overtaking, but can be done with paitence and skill. People moan about no or not enough overtaking, but the thrill of the chase, and the way you shadow someone looking for a place to pass cleanly as possible is just as entertaining.

Keep em coming people let's get at least 10 for tonite we can save a whole litter of kittens in one race and have super battles on track. I also vote that at the half way mark of each race we stop at the sf line and reverse the grid for fun in both races. What you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back