RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I am racing RC cars on this day, but if the weather is bad I would like to join you guys please.
Please add me as a cinderella. If I have not confirmed and the grid is full please feel free to give my slot to a confirmed driver.
Thanks.
:)

Sign me up as possible....i like so much in town traks like MACAU but i'm not sure i will be home:(

This is the skin i will use:
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=29104&page=1
Lacetti%20Heineken.jpg

Can anyone give me an idea of the top speed that they are hitting at the end of the main straight. I've managed a pretty neutral setup (with a small tweak needed to reduce oversteer on the exit of T1) for the '08 320si as I guessed that this track suits it quite well. I'm hitting 153mph just before braking at the end of the straight. But have only managed a 1:59 laptime in one hour's offline practice (but then I am just slow anyway). I guess that it should go a bit quicker round than that.

I may try the STCC Six Speed on the same setup (different gears with more time in the power band for better accelleration out of the corners and up the hill)

Any help appreciated as I've decided that the BMW's probably for me. I seem to lose a lot of places because I run off due to understeer in the FWD cars, an issue that I can easily dial out of the BMW without intorducing too much oversteer. (btw I also tested the BMW '07 at Rattlesnake Point and it was slow there too with the same limitation on understeer so I guess that it may just be me, or the gearing - I hope).

153 is solid Wilie. But the Glen has many corners that are long and this si where you make up you time. ONe good top en d run here will not make up for lost time in all the other corners since it only repersents a small portion of you total time per lap.

And remember, corner EXIT SPEED translated DIRECTLY to top speed at the end of a straight.

Itsd not likely a TCC car wil achieve much higer speeds since they have low power and are not exactly aerodynamic. 153 is getting to the limit given the length lf the straight and esses.

THe aliens make their time in corners. My gramma can go fast in a straight line.

Hugo, I will not be participating tonight. Sorry, but Champions League wins it on my prio list :)

Why this post then? Well, I want to compliment you on the way you found to confront us with the 'rules of engagement':
I understand the Golden rules: YES

This is what sets RD apart from any other racing group and why I love racing with all of you.

So although I'm not in the event tonight, I greatly appreciate your efforts and will be joining soon.

Thanks dude!

Thanks Eric, what the top end at the end of the straight does indicate is whether I've got the gearing about right. Too long and I'll be down on that as the acceleration up the hill means that I'll be pulling lower revs for longer so less torques and horses when I need it through the rev range. And too short means that I'll hit the limiter.

So that means that i need to look at the corners. What I may do is run some laps tonight, record and upload a replay of the hot lap for comment. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who will find it useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes