RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Tough track in these cars, it looks easy but ain't. My apology to Sam for the contact in race 2, i thought i left you lots of room on the left as i went up the middle, in the replay it looks like you clipped my rear, again really sorry if any of that was my doing.

:confused: I'm sorry, didn't see that anywhere. Did I miss something? I've read the rules several times Did you have reason to believe I haven't read them? :D

Drivername: Mike Chaney
I understand goldenrules:YES

PS. when did this start and why?

It started in the Euro club events. Th eextra language was added to basically have you "acknowledge" you have read the rules and are expected to follow them. If not, expect to be reported and incur the wrath of god shortly after........:rolleyes:

Tough tough racing here in a some high class cars!

Q: I am quick man on the grid til Jesper wakes up form a nap and displaces me by .4. I am on pace to run a 35 when I screw the pooch exiting the esses and kill my speed, then the banked turn I get a little wide exiting and have to shut down the throttle completely to avoid a massive blunt apex.

R1: Looped it at the OAK TREE and Jesper bumps into me. that set him back a bit and I get going again. I pass John A for P1 down the straight on lap 3 maybe? Was racing along nicely with John A and we had a brilliant battle going. Time gap between 1 second and .2. We go to OAK TREE side by side. I get a bump oin the door and loop it. Jesper and John race away. I battle with Laszlo for a bit then I finish P4?

R2: get ag ood start and capture P2 by OAK TREE. I am chasing Laszlo and finally pressure him into a mistake in T1. I am flying to the bridge on the outside of LAszlo and he moves in to the lane and I nearly collide in his bumper. This upssets the car headin ginto the esses after the bridge and I loop it. the rest is history. Raced Sam for a bit and that was fun. So i come home P3.

Fun stuff and looking forward to the GT PRO tomorrow!

thansk for racing guys!

Did you hit me Peter? I remember hearing "blue fla.." then bang. Obviously I didn't move over fast enough. :) I knew I was the slow car on track so my main goal was to 1. not get in the way and 2. don't get lapped. 1st race I went to kick a shoe off and my mouse fell between my leg and the arm of my chair. Got my shoe off and was feeling good untill my game got minimized. At least my car didn't hit the wall too hard while I had no control. Race 2 was going pretty well for me as far as control goes. Then I spun under the oak getting on the throttle. Ended up getting lapped because of it. But I got lapped twice in the first race, so it was still an improvement. I'll do better monday, oh wait we're in GTpro... hmmm..

I seem to be good in the porsches for a couple of laps but can't seem to manage the tyres at all.
I think it may be due to stepping out of the F1 & straight into these 'Hairdresser Specials' and braking far too late. The poor car ends up sliding into corners and overheating the rear tyres.
Anyway, after 4 hours sleep after my gig on Saturday night and then 4 hours straight at the PC behind the wheel for my FPPS race I jumped into the Porsche server but it probably wasn't a good idea. I put a few good laps in but ran out of time getting the setup sorted.

Qualified 2nd, not bad.
Race 1 had a good start & was doing well to stay with the leader for the 1st half of the race. Small mistakes as described abover saw me lose too much time & I ended up spinning at some point to let Chris & Rhys through. Finished 4th.

Decided I'd had enough sim racing at that point & left to spend some quality time with the Lawn Mower.

Thanks for the race...

Q: P3 and was happy with that

R1: I go off in T1 and leave the track. So I watch a fast forward of the F1 race.

R2: I start P1 but I know I cant hang with the 430 and lose a few spots to them. I end up P2 after some dicing and try to catch John. He goes a little wide in T1 and I decide to hug the inside of T1 and then the outside of T2 to try and get him going for the next left. We have contact and my car thinks it is a tumbler at a gymnastics competition. I think the German judge gave me a 9.5 on that run! No hard feelings John at all. You were able to continue and so was I. I end up racing Nelson for some laps that was really fun before I spin due to rear tires at 115!!!!!!!!!!

Really entertaining track with some entertaining cars. That 430 is silly fast in a straight line and the 997 can REALLY turn.

see you all tonight for the big boys!!

Gonna be real fun to get that vette to turn all those times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back