RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

HIstory showed I had a clue here and perhaps like afine wine, sim racing age would propel me forward.

Watching the practice time sheet I see guys dipping into the 58's and some flirting with 57's........I guess everyoje gets better with age!

Quali come up and I adjust the car and head straight out with a good rhythm still fresh in my mind. I run a solid lap but ahrdly spectacular and grid tth and am up 4 spots off the timesheet..........thats a keeper inmy book.

R1 I get a good start but not great and lose a spot by by T1 to Dariusz in the bimmer. Claudio is outside but locked out so I feel comfortable to start the race. Mentime, Keith gest a bump tap thing going and I draw closer to Jesper, Marty and Keith going to Luco(2) JEsper and MArty touch door to door in Luco(2) and I have to chack up a hair in case it gets bad. All clear going to PEGGIO (3)with Jesper a bit off the line outside. I pinch in to try and get position but JEpser gets on the apex and I am forced to go inside to avoid contact. we touch a hair but move along no worse off except I am unable to pass. CLAUDIO is now on my bumper and looking for a way to pass. I love racing with Claudio as we have great battles and he is super clean! Dariusz slides off track at MATERASSI (4) and I am gifted P6...Tough one Dariusz!

NOW from Lap 2 til lap 5 the leasers run a fast pace and nobody gains a position. I have managed to gap Cludio but cannot eat up the gap to Jesper and MArty who are 1.3 ahead now.

Lap 6 Jesper finally gets past MArty and I am trying to keep the pace. Afetr 5 laps I am still totally on pace with the leaders as I can still see all of them up to P1 and the gap visually seems unchanged. THEN MARTY GOES AWAY! Literally MArty disappears! I am gifted P5 by the NIVIDIA GODS!

Lap 7 Watching Jesper and wil oit when he does as long as the drivers behind me have pitted as well. Don;t want to renter the track with the rear of the field as this will be death to your laptimes and possibly losing time to the ones I am chasing. Keith and YUri pit sirst while Dam in P1, Jesper than me wait til the next lap and try to scorch a good time and gain on them.

Lap 8 into the pits with JEsper. We both have quick stops and I don;t really gain. THEN I GET THE EVER POPULAR CALL OF "SPEEDING ON PITLANE STOPn GO! I have just bombed my race and am sick. Haven't done that in ages and it hurts after a great showing in recent events.....

Lap 9 serve out the pen and resume in 14th. Pass 3 cars and come home 12th I think.

R2 I adjust the car a hair and grid up determined not to make any mistakes this time out.

I jumop one spot on the start and find myself into T1 with Vaughanie inside me and stefan insi=de me and we are 3 wide in T1! All through clan and off to the chase. Vaughanie and Stefan are battling tight and hard and I am giving them just a bit if room in cae its goes bad.

I and Lap 1 in 10th and am chasing Stefan. We are batlling so hard and clean its a blast! I am quicker than Stefn for the first 3 laps but cannot get a good spot to pass cleanly and he is driving well as usual. Anotehr guy I regularly battl;e with and we are stuck together once again....

Lap 4 it goes bad finally. Vaughanie drops a wheel off in BUCINE (14) and comes across the track. I am a bit wide there and have to let PAul Wood though. Well Dariusz is in Vaughanies door md track. Stefan tries to brake and avoid, PAul doesn't see it and slams into Stefan and the track is essentially blocked when I arrive and contact and off track into the greass for me. Gutted but determined I get going from 15th spot.

Lap 5-6 trying to get past Eric Orton but cant find a goo dspot and am losing time. I finally get by and sail away.

Lap 8 I pit in P13 with many cars int he pits with me. Daniel. Glenn, Keith and Tyler are all here. Maybe I can gain on them with a better stop.

Off the jacks and I am praying to the racing gods aloud to please don;t PEnalize me again. I exit and NO PENALTY! Lets get it on! OP18 and a second behind Glenn and we will cycle by 2 more times and see it gains are made.

Lap 9- I get past Glenn and Tyler when he goes Agro and am chasing KEith in P15. Keith is in 15th? I cant pass Keith but we are up to P10 after all the drivers pit. So I am up 5 spots froma good pit stop.

Lap10 I go P9 when KEith slides off in the vary tough SAVELLI(7) I regift at SAVELLI.

Lap 11 -13 chasing the wood brothers and Stefan and Keith. P7 is only a second ahead!

Lap 12 KEith oges off and I am back to 9th and really trying to pressure Stefan intoa mistake. Then Daniel just DIsappears! Same exact spot as MARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TYRACK BUG!

I am P8 and despite my willingness to pass Staefan he holds me off and I am P8. OK thats more like it! A very fun race and despite going waaay off track I bring home points for the team!

Thanks to al lyou guys from Europe etc. who stay up waaay to late and Race with us! And the new faces like Eric Orton for coming out here and doing a great job racing well and keeping clean!

Next weks event is a pre ATCC TEST date and you had better sign up ASAP if you want any chance of getting into this one. Its already got 11 spots locked up!

See you all soon!

truth be told, I watch the replay and try to remember how I felt at that moment I describe. I f I can't actually remember, then I embelish til it sounds good......:D

thanks man I do enjoy writing th reports.....now if I would just take time to run spell check.........:rolleyes:

i changed my signature cuz of race 1 [it was a pretty average start for me though] 24th - 12th in the first half a lap
i have once made up 15 places in the first sector before, cuz of spins and such

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back