RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

wait a minnet

mugello is a awesome track [misread title lol]
used to use it on forza 3 for timetrial - got my veyron a fxx and a modded fiat 500 arbarth around in under 1 min 5
should be going for a pb finish if all goes well for me [top10 will be a pb so if u r fighting with me for 10th please let me through] lol

I thought it might be wise to offer some observations from last nights race here on the Road racing circuit witout the banked oval and my thoughts after testing.

1. This is going to be an extremely fast race and these cars are just MONSTER fast.
  2. While you test to get a car you can drive, you may want to load up on a race quantity of fuel and see how different the car will handle with 70+ liters of fuel.
  3. Quali wil be a draft fest and be careful out there
  4. if you go off track STAY OFF TRACK! Just ride the barrier if possible and DO NOT come back on track if at all possible til you can SAFELY rejoin and not casue a wreck for an oncming car.
  5. Race: Th eopening lap WILL NOT win you the race. BE very very patient in the opening lap as you TIRES, BRAKES and the track are COLD! the car WILL NOT stop or turn like you think in the first lap.
  6. Space: LEave enough space with other cars to be able to avoid others if they slide or lose control. You can still draft a car in front of you if he is as far up on you as .6 seconds! No NEED to crowd on the bumper unless you plan to pass.
  7. Drafting: if you are drafting a car in front of you , this will INCREASE your top speed by enough to completely change your BRAKE POINT! Keep this in mIOND!
  8. If you are close to a car in front of you an in their draft, YOU WILL NOT have the same front downforce on the tires and your car will UNDERSTEER BADLY,
  9. Anticipate: Think about what can happen BEFORE it happens.
  10. TEAMSPEAK; Get it, USE IT! even if yoiu do not have a microphone we can talk to you and you can hear us ask or tell you something very imoportant during the race.
the yellow cones that seperate the track are to be considered a WALL for this event. While you may find a tire slipping over occaisionally, it will be considered CUTTING if done repeatedly!!!!!!
Have fun guys! It will be like nothing you have experienced yet at RD!

It has been awhile since I have raced, being summer with nice weather. When I signed up for this race it was raining and much cooler out. The day of the race it was over 38 deg c, in the room I have my computer.

I tried Eric's Vette setup for around 10 laps or so, but I am just not smooth enough driver yet to be able to run with splitter/wings 2/2. I had to run a 2/3, but stole you gear set up. It was a much less work to drive that way.

First race sitting 10 out of 13 I had a good start pick up a spot, but gave it away and 1 or 2 more at the first corner. I didn't know some of the drivers, and wasn't sure how things would be with us all so close. So, I let off a little too much and lost the spots. Got right back in to the groove of it though and settled in with a group of about 5 of us following around in a procession. I was thinking this was so cool with us all, driving clean and in a nice tight pack. At this point I have been behind Philip Brown. I was keeping some pretty good pressure on him for a few laps. Sticking my nose up beside him a few times. Finally I get a good run at him on the inside line at Parabolica, but locked up the brakes a hair, and gave the position right back. Not sure if it was the very next lap, or one after... I had entered turn 3 a little off, which I then compounded in turn 4. As I was exiting to go down the straight dropped the let rear on the grass, and I shot across the track taking out my splitter and puncturing a tire. Now I'm last, limp in and fix the damage. Finished last and 1 lap down. Oh, well, next time :)

Race 2: Last place, good start again, was right in there, I see the first accident starting to happen, so I back off and look for a hole. I was happy to get by with out a scratch. Then all of a sudden EE had his moment with the shrubbery :) and knocked out Philip right into my path. Nowhere to go, but T-bone hard into the drivers door. Splitter gone and another leaking tire. Looked cool to see the flames and Philips car on the roof though. Limped around repaired damage, 1 lap down, but just couldn't make much of a challenge to even the other people who were a lap down as well, as I was now a whole second slower per lap. I had a 15 sec defeatist down to 10 sec, but then (persons name escapes me ATM) seamed to find some speed, and just maintained the gap. Do to the high amount of attrition in the second race I ended up 7 or 8 I think.

Had a great time, but I am going to wait for the weather to cool down a bit before I partake in another event. After a bit of practice and the 2 races I was dieing.

Eric Estes, no big deal man, I have raced you enough to know you have nothing but the best of intentions.

Thanks guys
See you soon

Adam if you have a problem with my driving feel free to use this

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

and don't take it in the ingame chat or on the forum please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play