RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Was disapointing today as good positions in race 1 (2nd) and a lead in race 2 was messed up by messing up by pit in both races. Really frustrated with myself today with silly mistakes and still experimentating with racing lines in race is never a good idea. Some corners I still didnt know the fastest racing line and that was frustrating as in sector 2 I was so slow and I had no idea why and that for me is so frustrating. Frustrated wth myself.

Wd Eric and Keith for the wins and thanks Eric for good batlles and the race. WD all and sorry about the negativity.

Where do I begin about this event for me. It was by FAR my best event drive since GP200 the first time where I finished 2nd overall but it was a fair share of luck that time.

I had run about 20 laps today just to shake out the car and it was pretty quick right off the trailer...tweek it a bit here and there and she was spot on with full race fuel.

Practice sessions confirmed what is typical for me, I am not a viscious hotlapper and always run full fuel since the race is where I need to be strong.

Quali: i ran conservatively and made a mistake of dropping fuel from the car and it changed it too much and I had to be smart for a decent start spot. I grid 6th behind Vaughnie and Keith on the inside line while Rhys is on pole with Ryan and Tyler behind him.

The lights go off and we GO! I jump Adam and Tyler and am gaining on the front 3 going to T1! But James gets a MONSTER jump and squeezes inside me into T1 and we touch a hair but nothing crazy. Rhys has run wide and I decide to follow James. He and Keith are door to door going to BRetelle and Ryan goes waaaay wide there and comes across and hits me in the side but thankfully nothing happens to my car! BAD LUCK RYAN!

Laps 2-4 see James , Keith Myslef and Adam just running a fast fast pace but racing so very evry clean! I am in the catbird seat the whole time racing within a couple of feet with Keith and James! Really exciting stuff! Adam is lurking and on lap 5 we have our first real battle. Ada

Lap 5 adam gets a run on the straight and goes inside. I brake a hair late and run a hair wide opening the door for Adam. He slides in but we race door to door all the way to Bretelle! I take the lead exiting BRetelle abut Adam is not to be denied ya BUGGER! We run side by side through T7-8 and never touch while inches apart. Really fun stuff!

Coming up the staright I tell Adam to take the inside as I am holding him up and feel like getting him off my back and pressuring him for abit and see how he likes it.....HE HE HE MEanwhile James has dropped to 10 th after an off in T1. So its Keith, Adam then me.

Lap 6-8 I hound Adam but he doesn;t crack and I duck into the pits one lap before he and Keith. I nail my stop and come out running hard.

Adam has a bad stop and I take over for him and the gap to Keith is only about 1.5 seconds.

The remainder of the race sees me give up about .75 more to KEith when we finish.

So a very solid drive for me and I am on pace with Keith and thats promising!

R2 I start 7th.

th elights go out and I get a great jump again! Jesper runs into Ryan and Ryan goes into the middle lane! WOW! Going to T1 Rhys goes wide again and I cycle into P4 with Dariusz on my bumper and that not where I like to see him...he's fast in a race period. So its James 1st, Vaughnie 2nd Tyler 3rd znd me in P4 going to BRetelle. I go to P3 at Parabolique passing Tyler.

Laps 2-6 is just an absolute BRAWL! OK not exsactly but it was some of the hardest racing I have seen in ages! James is defending vigerously and actually takes Adam to the pit wall defending from the leftside of the track! Man thast just hard core!

Adam finally gets the spot on lap 6 afetr being taken to the wall again.........dangerous stuff.

Lap 7 I pass James cleanly when he runs wide exiting T8 and we run door to door to T1.

Lap 8 I run wide at T1 for the firdt time all day and give James P2! Crap!

I chase James through lap 9 then pit first of the 3 of us. I resume with very good pace after a great stop and wonder where the gap will be when we all cycle through. As I run by the pits on lap 10 I am past Keith by a good margin and feel safe from him for the firsdt time EVER!

Lap 11 I come around and have passed Adam who had a bad stop again! WOW! James is behind me by about 1.5 seconds with Vaughniw in 3rd.

Laps 12-16 I run out the string with only some small mistakes and take the win! I TAKE THE WIN! NFW!

So in the end of race 2 a couple of things crack my brain.

1: I put together my best drive EVER here at RD!
2: this is the first track I remember racing here at RD and I got crushed.......go figure I have come full circle
3: I set quick lap for the event and it is better than the current record by .3!
4: I am tied for first overall with Keith which is never a small feat and the one by whom I have measured my progress.
5: this should up my RANK quite a bit and put a bullseye on my back from the RANK SHARKS!

A great event for me and I think the event on the whole was excellent with the usual solid driving by everyone!

So nest week we are at MUGELLO! Sign up early boys this one had no less than 5 reserves waiting to race!!!!!

And as always,

A HUGE thanks to all the guys in Europe who stay up so late to race with us! YOu add to the fun and quality of the field each week!:doublethumb:

Attachments

• Race_Steam 2010-08-13 21-54-31-21.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-08-13 21-54-31-21.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 231
  • Race_Steam 2010-08-13 21-54-33-67.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-08-13 21-54-33-67.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 236
  • Race_Steam 2010-08-13 22-33-06-54.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-08-13 22-33-06-54.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 238
  • Race_Steam 2010-08-13 22-33-08-90.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-08-13 22-33-08-90.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 235
  • Race_Steam 2010-08-13 23-00-31-71.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-08-13 23-00-31-71.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 223
  • Race_Steam 2010-08-13 23-01-49-40.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-08-13 23-01-49-40.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 226
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. First, I must have accidently swapped cars with my evil twin brother because it would do these amazing things: like it would actually turn when you turned the wheel, speed up when you hit the accelerator, and would even slow down when you applied the brakes. It was freakin' amazing! :good:

Best of times:
Qualed 8/25 very very happy :banana:

Worst of times:
Race 1: I was punted off the track twice in the final turn, the last one ending my race in lap 6. :mad:

Better times:
Race 2: Started at the back of the pack 24/24 and worked my way back to 13th by lap 7. Lost 2 places due to a horrendous pit stop, my pit crew stood there for like 10 seconds before starting to change the tires. Lazy bums, they've all been sacked!! After the pit, I was about 12 seconds behind the two people I was 7 seconds ahead of entering the pits. I started to steadily reeling in Michael Carver and Eric Estes closing the gap to less than a second by the last turn, when I ran out of race finally finishing 15th.

All things considered, it was still a fun night and my best Touring car effort in a long time. Grats to the podium and special thank you to Eric N. for all his hard work in organizing these great events.:thanks:

What a great track. I had a comfortable setup and setting reasonable times so I was hoping my run of bad luck may come to an end but as it turned out it was not the case.

Qualified with my best time thus far with a 1.22.98x for a 13th start.

Race 1. Got off the line well but got caught up in Kevin's bumper which got me bogged down so I lost a couple of positions. T1 I got punted off by D Lopez (didn't wait), so I lost a couple more positions. Got back on track and try to get back up to speed I see Michael C coming up with more speed as we enter T3. I leave room for him but he still ends up coming into my side door knocking me of track (didn't wait). So by T4 of the first lap I have dropped from 13th to 20th. Not a great start.
I try to settle at this point knowing I had a big fight ahead to gain back a reasonable finish. I pick up my line and start gaining on the guys in front. Coming through the fast right hander before the last corner when Glenn gets a bit wide and slows up a lot and I just come into contact with his back corner (sorry about that Glenn). I pull over and wait for him to get going again. At this point I am back in 25th and just hope I can gain back some positions through attrition.
I start setting some good laps and come in for pit on lap 9 in 18th. The rest of the race was pretty uneventful. Ended up finishing in 15th.

Race 2. Got a great start. Went from 15th up to 11th by T1. Gave Keith a rub on the back end which got him a bit loose. I back off to let him gather it up. Kevin tried to take advantage of this by slipping up the inside but he got into my door and punted me off (didn't wait). I went from 11th back to 20th and I was starting to see a repeat of race 1. I tried to settle again and worked my way back up to 15th when on the start of lap 4 my brother decided to test out the leg room in the back seat of the Leon and just ever so slightly tapped me in the rear at about 200 odd Km's sending me into the kitty litter. Once I dug my way out and got going again the car was no longer running the best. So I resigned myself to the fact that my goal had become to just finish the race in one piece and as best I can. Nothing much happened for the rest of the race. Pitted on lap 10. Finished up in 17th.

This was a great track and would love to race here again and hopefully have some better results. Thx to RD and Eric for the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back