RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Good fun race!!!

Qualy: In PB 1:38.528 (never before under 1:39) to pos 10

Race1: As usual bad start! T2 Rhys thought overtaking away from the race line on the innerline was a good idea, not so for Marc and me! On the next corner while sorting the mess I got another kick, but guess if at all, my own mistake. Trying to enter the race again carefully put me back to 19. A couple of rounds stable race not gaining much not loosing much, when I gained positions because of people in front of me going off or waiting after mistakes (e.g. Rhys :D ). For a couple of rounds then stable race something like 2-3 sec behind Grant and 2-3 sec in front of Rhys & Maciek (on changing pos). At the last turn before the finish Grant did not make it into the turn giving me position 8 (my best ever race result). Very nice example that a stable race is the key to the success :).
But I knew it coming....pos 8 in race 1 made me pole in race 2 :(.

Race: I was indeed considering to let everybody pass, but then I thought, no, give it a try :) (am a bad starter), I could not believe it, gues my best ever start, after T1 still on P1, but T2 to come...Günthar already posted the pic (no worries). Put me with a suspension problem to 16. Followed by my only in game overtake manover, sorry Neil, for the next corner, but I think I did not touch you (the braking just took you off). Then I concentrated for a sec on what happened behind me and zack, Garry was in my way, no probs, nothing you or I could have done I guess. Did not add a new damage to my car just lost nearly a position to Neil again :). Which I also did little bit later after my only off track today (caused by myself) in one of the fast corners, loosing my splitter ('You have an aerodynamics problem' :) ), we were only on RD2. After that I did my rounds, definitively not with top speed. For a couple of rounds I had Günthar in my neck, but it was only a question of time that he got me, finshed (yes!!! I did finish :) ) on pos10.

A great race inspite of the incidents!

• Andrew Dawes

Q11 1:38.709

Race 1: Awful. Got off the line well and spun coming out of turn 2 which put me about 17th. Turn 6 braked too late, tried to pull to the inside to avoid Jarrod only to find him doing the same. Simply ran out of room and time and nerfed him into Maciek (sorry guys - i'm usually over cautious first lap - must have missed my marker.) Spun as a result and came out 18th. End of lap 8 still in 18th. Worked my way to 13th over the last 4 laps.

Race 2: Brilliant. Started 13th Got off the line well through the middle however someone struggled with T1 and I lost a couple of spots as i had to slow. Running 5th/6th until a 3 way colision saw me 4th and one lap later 3rd. Last 4 laps was holding on to 3rd. Held 3.2secs over 4th for 3 laps and gave away 0.7sec over the last lap making sure i no mistakes.
Was sweating last 2 laps. Was punching the air over the line.

5th Overall.

Really enjoyed my racing tonight overall.

sorry guys I must have missed this event by about 30seconds, :( I knew I was late and cutting it fine but I thought should just catch the end of Qual, it said in qualify session, I join and get the message can only join during...... I refresh and it says Race. Dam I really wanted to race too, hope you all had fun guys and catch yas at the next one

Qualified 3rd but got my usual rubbish start and found myself 5th once things had settled down, I then spent the next 5 laps or so trying to find a way past Neil Gardner, I eventually got past into the right at the end of the straight and I set off after Wally who was 2 secs down the road in 3rd but Neil seemed to misjudge his braking about a lap later and ran staight into the back of me (easily done just don't let it happen again:boxing:lol) I was now in the gravel and got back on track about 3 secs behind Michael Herman and it stayed like that until the last but one corner when Michael went off track, then back on, then back off, not to be out done I decided to try the grass aswell at the last corner, great fun :pound:

Race 2: Started P2 and got a reasonable start for a change, was level with Dietmar going into T1 so I stayed wide to leave him room but this left the door open for Michael to nip through but it made little odds because at the next corner I made a slight mistake and touched the back of Dietmar but Gunthar wasn't so lucky and he crashed into Michael taking all 3 of us into the gravel, I was now last but decided to put the head down and carry on but at the penultimate turn I went off track and visited the pit lane!!! I had now had enough of Andersorp as I'd raced in WTCC the night before and I hit the escape button. Great fun while it lasted though:D Thanks to RD for setting this up and hopefully see you all next week:thumb:

Hi,

I didn't really get to grip with the BMW Z4 or the track and swapped to The Vertigo at the last minute and didn't do that great with it.
On lap 7 I crashed out and killed the car.

Thanks to RaceDepartment for setting this up.
Thanks to Nigel for the BMW Z4 setup :)

I forgot all about this event,i looked in the lobby for the Nords stats server and stumbled in cold,took the Z4 and tweaked it nicely for a decent front row qual,when it changed sessions i got a flashing black screen with no mouse control,i could still see the chat screen between the flashes of black but couldnt join race,buggered about trying to alt tab and stuff but it needed reset,i had this at the Mini Peubla race the other night,its do with nvidia control panel settings,fixed now i hope...
Hope a good race was had by all.

Got a great start, but fell backwards quite early. Pitted on the end lap 63 (my lap 63 anyway) came out and was a bit quicker than Herrmann, tried to unlap myself past him but failed.

After that i decided just to follow him to the finish but he crashed out, i inherited 5th and unlapped myself passing Wilson when he went off, but i was still 40 seconds behind him so just eased off and brought it home.

Enjoyable but shame there wasn't my cars on track, as when the field spread out the track can become quite lonely at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back