RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Lock me in boys....

I have not tested the Vectra 2007 against the WTCC 2008 cars... Will have a very quick look tonight to make sure things like the gears and tyre physics match between the 2 years.... more than likely they run the same tyre data with just a different file name...

Bummer Larry :(....

Not a bad qual run, broke into the 2:08's and started directly behind Jarrod in the other Mosler.

Was keeping pace with Jarrod pretty well until I ran deep into T10 and off into the grass. Came back on right behind Glen and Eric D, who were locked in a great battle. Managed to catch up with them for some great three way action for a couple of laps. Passed Glen, then 'bump drafted' Eric coming off the next to last corner only to lose my own momentum and get passed back. After a bit more battling with the two of them, closed too quick on Glen through the R-L-R, bumping and spinning him. Didn't take him long to recover as I waited, and we were back to chasing Eric D again. I'd fall back in the straights, only to gain back quickly through the final turn, T1-2, and the R-L-R combo as would be expected Mosler vs. Vette. I did find that if I kept enough momentum off of the corner onto the backstretch, I could 'lock' into a draft and keep up for almost the full length of the straight, and then cut in and pass in the final turn.
Eventually Glen and I caught Eric D again, who then went off in the safety pin. It was a tight chase for the remainder of the race between the two of us, with me passing Glen (unexpectedly) on L12, only to get passed back when Glen sailed it off into 10 and made it stick (great pass!) - I was hoping to pull of another final turn pass, but instead of cutting in tight, I sailed off a little wide to try and diamond the corner and get a run inside to the finish - unfortunately I didn't have quite enough (and missed my shift to 4th) - grats to Glen on a great battle. Great fun Eric & Glen. P8?

My hands were starting to hesitate shifting during the last part of race 1, so I bailed on race 2 as that would've only got worse during the race and I didn't want to become a road hazard. I need to think about getting a sequential stick for when that starts to happen
(G27 doesn't have the option like G25 does).

Thanks again to Eric N and RD!

I really have all the luck on my side again. Just couldn't catch a break tonight.

R1: Coming into T2 for the first time, Willie out brakes himself rear ending Eric E, whom then T-Bones me. My car goes flying off the track and into the wall, losing the front bumper and taking on suspension damage. Doh! Willie waited on me, but my race was over. Pitted at the end of lap1 and rejoined 1:10 down on the field. I did eventually catch up to Willie whom was struggling, but finished 2nd to last a good 40 seconds down on the field.

R2: Have a great start and am right behind Sam and Will as they make contact. Myself and several others are take evasive actions, but I am unable to avoid Will and give him a bit of a nudge. I somehow manage to keep it on the track but lose a few positions. I am now closing quickly on Willie with Sam in tow. Willie makes a mistake and runs really wide. I try to hold it tight, but carry to much momentum and we touch as Willie brings it around. I stop and wait, dropping to dead last once again. Willie eventually tells me to go via the chat and I rejoin about 20 seconds down on Phillip. I am able to close the gap and slip past around the last turn. I then close another 10 second gap to Eric D and Jarrod. I get side by side with Eric D, whom clearly has the faster car in a straight line, but I slip by as he runs it wide in the final turn. Eric D is now closing fast down the front straight, but I am still a head at the braking zone. I brake late and turn in. Then just shy of the apex I get spun around by Eric D. He waits for me a little ways up the road and I regain the position, but I am just rather fed up with it at this point and with just 3 laps to go I was unable to close back up to Jarrod. Finished 8th I think.

Overall this wasn't the greatest of events for me. Spent most of both races alone, miles down on everyone else. On the flip side, no DNF for me tonight. Yay. lol

Well I tool a different path than usual for this event. Had wringed out the Bimmer and MArcos to a best of a low 7. I asked Keith for his VEtte Set with 20 mins to go before Quali and instantly liked it. Adjusted it a bit for my taste and it was good for a solid 6.

Q ran good laps but hardly my besta nd grid 5th and am fine with that result based on the late change of cars.

R1 I am behined Yves and wondering about his start. He has been abnormally slow off the line and not sure why lately so I am ready to jump and chop to the middle if need be. I get past Yves and am a little behind Sam when he looks mid track and I give him a heads up that I am there so don;t go too far or we will be in trouble. I out brake Sam into T1 and go P3 right on Keiths bumper and Vaughnie just a bit ahead of KB.
Samm looks inside of me in T2 LEfty and I beat him theree but get a bit if a tap on my rear and I touch grass but am not in bad shape and carry on at speed with Sam in tow.

KEith an dAdam have amoment off the straight past the red bridge into T4 and I close up on Keith with Sam still on me bumper.

Lap 2 Sam and I stay status quo.

Lap 3 Sam loses it and makes a berautiful save to only drop about 3 seconds! check the replay its pretty sexy!

Lap 4 sam gets passed by Yves after anotehr in cident. I have Yves covered for now on speed. Adam THrottle loops it and I am P2! Wow not often you see him cook it like that.

Lap 5 NO change still trying to gap Yves and catch Keith who I can at least still see but I know he's in cruise mode....LOL

Lap 6 I am tidy this lap and keep Yves behind for now but he is tenacious!

Lap 7 Yves gets up on the wheel and smells blood! Weare only about .3 apart!

Lap 8 Yves drives T1 brilliantly and he is inside me going into the T2,3,4 section door to door! We touch but handle it rather well with Yves assuming P2 and me on the hard chase dowen the straight to the red bridge. can';t let him get away that easily! I lose it coming off the tight right and have top bail out in the grass to avoid screwing Sam coming thru! Shoot thats 2 spots in a blink!

Lap 9-11 I can;t catch Sam and Yves as I make small mistakes to give time away.

Lap 12 Sam loops the car and I am P3! Bad luck for Sam but helpful to me!

So I finish on the podium! Niiiiiice. A P3 at Cadwell now P3 here! A good run and I am pumped for Race 2 since I have pace with almost everyone behind me now and I can jump the guys in front maybe and gap the quick villains! he he he

R2 Eric D and Glen Kabis are on point with Sam directlyin front of me and Will and Vaughnie to my left and ahead. OH if I can just get a really good start............

The lights go out and I get a nice launch! I get the dream launch and pas Glen on the outside of T1 to go P1! WHOOOOT!

But I go off entering the slow left on cold tires and Glen and Adam drop me to P3 like that! man what a boob! But thaen Glan and Adam have some contact and it slows them allowing me to follow Adam down the straight inside of Glen. I look at my gauges to shift on the good engin speed and rub Glen to the grass.Sorry Glen never intentional and sorry fo the scare.

Vaughnie and I take off and gap Glenn in 3rd, Then Adam gaps me whilke I struggle to find my rhythm this time.

Several laps go by and Adam spins unassisted! I pass him and we have a fun battle for about 6 laps trading positions twice before adam gaps me to 1 second. I gain a hair and he gains back.

We run out the string and I finish P2.

Excellent results for me and it has been quite sometime since I put together 2 races with podium results.

Really enjoyed th track and car combo! Fun fun fun!

NOw I really want to see several of you guys next week in the Australian/New Zealand Week events! Got some great stuff on tap so sign up for something!

Nice write up Eric you almost make us sound nice :tongue:

So we salute our friends "downunder!" Toss a shrimp on the barbie and grab a pint of VB! Good on ya mate!
Just thought if you want it to be fair dinkum aussie, you need some translations.

Throw a prawn or snag (or both) on the barbie and grab a tinnie(throw down) or scooner of Tooheys or XXXX! (VB = :poop:) Don't be a wanker! and :wink: she'll be right mate! :doublethumb:

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USGT

Class: GT-Sport

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Tuesday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 15mins (9:45 EST)

Warmup: 10mins

Race: 2x35 mins w/ a mandatory stop for tires

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Thunder Forest Loop? Yeah its a man made scratch creation by a Kiwi author so it qualified for the Aus/NZ national week! It's not easy to find a decent track for the GT cars but this should be a hoot!

Can you say Roller Coaster? It's a ride!!!!!!

PLease note the change in race format this week!

Entry List:

1. Eric Nelson
  2. Jarrod Keen
  3. Stefan Werner
  4. Eric Estes
  5. Glenn Peterson
  6. Keith Barrick
  7. Eric Dennis
  8. Adam Vaughan
  9. Peter BArtfai
  10. Peter Ross
  11. Yves Larose
  12. Sam Mehler
  13. KOray Can
  14. Glen Kabis
  15. driver
  16. driver
  17. driver
  18. driver
  19. driver
  20. driver
  21. driver
  22. driver
  23. driver
  24. driver
  25. driver

Race 1 - Once again didn't have the speed to keep up with the faster drivers and was running P5 for most of the race. Caught up to Sam with a handful of laps remaining and it was really cool to see the strengths and weaknesses of each car while on track. In the corners I was catching up big time but on the straights he just pressed the NOS button and he was off. Was able to slip by with two laps remaining and on the final lap I was worried about coming out of that corner before the long straight on the back that Sam would get the draft and overtake me in the final corner but was able to hold him off for a tough battle for P4. Really enjoy that battle Sam. :)

Race 2 - Got off to a good start off the line, and didn't realize that all the cars were so bunched up, misjudged my brake point and got into Sam and luckily I slid across the track and didn't collect anyone else. Sooo sorry guys about that mess especially on the first lap. Caught up to Eric Dennis and had a fun battle as I just couldn't find a way to overtake. Had a run on him a few times but the Vette was soooo tough on the straights. He gets on the dirt a bit and was able to pass. Up to track down that GT Keen guy! :) And its Martini vs Gulf down the main straight! I'm on the inside and able to hold him off and pass him into T1. Get into another good battle with Glen Kabis for a few laps and was able to slip by on the inside underbraking. Able to bring home in P5. Congrats to Adam for the win!

These GTs are really starting to grow on me. :)

Thanks for the close racing tonight and to Eric and RD for organizing this event!! See ya at the next one!!

25562d1272491954-porsche-mobil-1-supercup-algarve-tuesday-june-1st-2010-porsche1.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT US-PMSC

Class: Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup (by ZeZeZoom)

Track: Warwick Farm

Start Time: 21:00 EST / 18:00 WST / 01:00 GMT (Sunday)

Practice: open server
Qualification: 15mins (21:45 EST)
Warmup: 10mins
Race: 2x15 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes