RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

that was great
qualified on pole but spun in the first corner so right to the back then faught my way up to pass yves for the win in the last corner

then i woke up from my daydream
quallied 14th - miracle in itself -
race 1 - avoided startline chaos and turn 1 spinners only to get myself stuck in a ditch
then pitted for damage and got stuck in a ditch or had to pit every lap till my engine blew up

race 2 - shared the back row with james - it was a cool place to be - then pit limiter came on at the start as i pushed wrong button
went round turn 1 [yay] to find that james and Caramidaru had spun. then i hit a wall and flipped car they passed me and i flipped over the barrier - game over

First race since round about two years I guess, it was a lot of fun!

Qualified as fourth, what was a miracle, as I've never really driven these cars and never driven that circuit;
the first race was really nice. Very good battles between position two to nine, really close driving and nice overtaking manoeuvres. I really liked my little battle with Ross aswell. Unfortunately I ran out of fuel with jus two laps to go - Oh well.

Second race was really nice aswell! I started ninth but fought myself up to fourth position; had a nice and clean battle again with for example Chris Butcher (not sure if I write your name correctly? :D), but spun and disconnected - doesn't matter.

Nice first races and I saw it's still as friendly as it used to be :)
Looking forward to the next one!

What a great night racing!

Practise - 5th

Had 5th, then disconnected. So technically was last :)

Qually 4th/15th

Had 4th after my 1st lap. Then got a minidump, rejoined with 1:00minute left so had no time to set a lap, leaving me a lot of work.

Race One - 8th/DNF

Got a good start and had to avoid the spinning Erling and tapped Dave (really sorry mate!!!) Moved up to about 9th then had Chris Butcher, who like me didn't do a qually time and had the pace to battle up front. Ideally Chris would sit behind me and we would pull each other up to the leads, however he was quicker than me and got me up the inside of Turn 4 in a spectacular pass (Nice one!) I then ran wide and was behind Bob. I caught him and had a bit of lag and Bob spun in front of me (Dont know If I hit you or not, but on my screen I didn't. Sorry if I did) That bumped me into 8th when Yves pitted. Rob in front of me had a moment and I got passed him. We set about catching James, Chris, Anders and Caramidaru who were in awesome scrap for 3rd. We caught them and James and Chris made contact. Promoting me to 5th. Anders hit the wall and lost his splitter so I could go up to 4th and I started to gain on Caramidaru. But with 2 laps to go, I got the fuel warning and panicked. I had to severely save fuel. Chris and Anders got passed me. I ran out of fuel with 2 corners to go but had 8th as many others ran out.

Race Two - 1st

Reversed grid meant I had 1st at the start. Got a decent start but Michael got the whole shot and jumped me and Yves to 1st. He ran wide and I could sneak up the inside into Turn 2. I lead for a few laps then Yves jumped me. I short shifted and turned corners in a gear higher than I usually would but this made me so much faster than I had been before. I could stick within touching distance of Yves with a ever-closing gap back to Hugo in 3rd. Yves spun at turn one, handing me back the lead. I settled down until Hugo caught me with 6laps to go. He had an attempt around the outside of me once, but apart from that he just sat in my mirrors, lurking. I tried to ignore him as I would probably make an error but his FDR skin was right in my face when I looked back. Onto the last lap he was closer than ever and he had a go with 4 corners to go - the last realistic passing point. He gave me a small tap but that's racing and I kept it in the right direction. I held my nerve and took the win, but it was a great fight!! :trophy:

Thanks Ivo and RD!

• Aaron Smart

First race I actually finished here :)
Sorry I was braking too early in the practices, I didn't know the track very well and the lack of signs on most the turns made things even more challenging.

I ran out of fuel on Race 1 as well. I dunno what was going on, fuel consumption seemed to go up *a lot* during the race compared to warmups and qualifying - I was getting about 6.5 litres per lap before, but then 7.8 during the actual races (according to MotecAdd anyway). Any ideas?

What a great night racing!

Practise - 5th

Had 5th, then disconnected. So technically was last :)

Qually 4th/15th

Had 4th after my 1st lap. Then got a minidump, rejoined with 1:00minute left so had no time to set a lap, leaving me a lot of work.

Race One - 8th/DNF

Got a good start and had to avoid the spinning Erling and tapped Dave (really sorry mate!!!) Moved up to about 9th then had Chris Butcher, who like me didn't do a qually time and had the pace to battle up front. Ideally Chris would sit behind me and we would pull each other up to the leads, however he was quicker than me and got me up the inside of Turn 4 in a spectacular pass (Nice one!) I then ran wide and was behind Bob. I caught him and had a bit of lag and Bob spun in front of me (Dont know If I hit you or not, but on my screen I didn't. Sorry if I did) That bumped me into 8th when Yves pitted. Rob in front of me had a moment and I got passed him. We set about catching James, Chris, Anders and Caramidaru who were in awesome scrap for 3rd. We caught them and James and Chris made contact. Promoting me to 5th. Anders hit the wall and lost his splitter so I could go up to 4th and I started to gain on Caramidaru. But with 2 laps to go, I got the fuel warning and panicked. I had to severely save fuel. Chris and Anders got passed me. I ran out of fuel with 2 corners to go but had 8th as many others ran out.

Race Two - 1st

Reversed grid meant I had 1st at the start. Got a decent start but Michael got the whole shot and jumped me and Yves to 1st. He ran wide and I could sneak up the inside into Turn 2. I lead for a few laps then Yves jumped me. I short shifted and turned corners in a gear higher than I usually would but this made me so much faster than I had been before. I could stick within touching distance of Yves with a ever-closing gap back to Hugo in 3rd. Yves spun at turn one, handing me back the lead. I settled down until Hugo caught me with 6laps to go. He had an attempt around the outside of me once, but apart from that he just sat in my mirrors, lurking. I tried to ignore him as I would probably make an error but his FDR skin was right in my face when I looked back. Onto the last lap he was closer than ever and he had a go with 4 corners to go - the last realistic passing point. He gave me a small tap but that's racing and I kept it in the right direction. I held my nerve and took the win, but it was a great fight!! :trophy:

Thanks Ivo and RD!

Always good to have a nice battle :)

Sorry to all on start off race1

Dont know what happen but i used my H-shifter and put the gear into first. The only problem was no first gear when green then came on.
I then used a littel time to understad what was wrong. Off course hard for drivers in the back to spot that.

Race 2 was fun until the scandinavian take away .
No problem Anders Nilsson, nice to see you waited for me. Had to much damage, got back to pit and then fix the car in 37 sec.
changeing Tires, adding fuel and doing repair. Those Simbin pit crew are great.

Erling Bøhmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play