RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

first proper race in the wet, was a challenge but fun. Sorry to Sander for the contact when you lapped me, i put my foot down a little too hard after coming back on track, back end came round slightly and turned me into you a bit :(

• Gary Brain

totaly gutted i mist this, i obviously got mixed up with the times. i was expecting practice to start @11pm tonight uk time :( :( :(

Me too what time did the race run In UK time I would like to know for future reference?

Also admin please accept my apologies for missing it, I am totally mixed up with my GMT's, BST's and UTC's.

• Mike Lee

2nd race there was trubble in the downhill hairpin i was able to avoid the spuned car and was right behind mike lee he god way better past the carnage
2 laps later i was crwaling in mikes rear and tryed a move on the chicane befor the old pitlane
that worked not out pretty well since i run out of taramac for braking i hitted mike realy bad in the inside i got stuck besides the track on the start finish line
not sure about mike but i think he got stuck too
sorry mate was realy not intenional :(

No worries Michael, that house had a nice little garden didn't it and I was very stuck. I didn't really have the pace to be in 3rd anyway as the first 2 were pulling away. Mini's are a very different driving technique to anything I'm used too and I needed a few more laps under my belt.

Great fun though and a challenging track.
Well done the winners..................

• Jerome Benard

Very difficult race tonight on the rain.

I make a safety race but i spin in a corner exit to a wall, i lost a wheel and stay out.

After i see more good battle in the race monitor :D. Jeremy and Sol had a good battle :thumb:

Some screen

The start

My spin :pound:

The battle with Jeremy and Sol

Thanx all, and grats to the finishers :thumb:

The evening started fine. I managed to do some reasonable qualy times, considering it was a new track and new car. I ran the last bit of qualy on a full tank to test the balance for the race and ended up almost a second faster :)

Trouble was at the start of the race i started on slicks with teh car low to the ground with low tire pressures. Sadly when I pitted for wets I still struggled for grip. Which I will blame on the tire pressures and ride height.

The worst thing was on the exit of turn 3 or 4 I spun teh car round and gently nudged a wall and lost drive. Doesn't look promising that the DBR dies after such a gentle knock.

Me too what time did the race run In UK time I would like to know for future reference?

Also admin please accept my apologies for missing it, I am totally mixed up with my GMT's, BST's and UTC's.

All Racedepartment Events are listed in GMT. For the UK, at the moment, your local time is GMT + 1 hr due to daylight saving time.

I use the this Time Converter because it takes into account the Daylight Saving time adjustments worldwide.

Time Zone Converter

Very difficult race tonight on the rain.

I make a safety race but i spin in a corner exit to a wall, i lost a wheel and stay out.

After i see more good battle in the race monitor :D. Jeremy and Sol had a good battle :thumb:

Some screen

The start

My spin :pound:

The battle with Jeremy and Sol

Thanx all, and grats to the finishers :thumb:
no pics of the last place moron then lol slow and steady 19th to 8th not bad for my first full race

• Gary Brain

Thanks, I think I have spotted my own mistake.... The time shown for the start said 10.00 GMT I just assumed it was PM, not so using 24 hr clock... ah well

I found the mini's quite hard the backend can easily go and then your either in the barrier or on this track on the other side of the track

I'd be curious to know what your setup was like, because my car was quite well planted (apart from the fast right/left where I had to be careful) and I wasn't having much trouble keeping it in line. I noticed that a lot of other people seemed to have the rear end slipping all over the place.

R1. Warren was breathing down my neck for a few laps, then I messed up and downshifted too far ... lost my run through the last uphill chicane and he went by.
He was lagging badly, so was nervous of getting too close and punting him off track (he is an admin after all ... EDIT: no, for some reason always thought you were :wink:).

LOL. Actually I've just been part of the furniture (antique though :p ) since we founded, but I always appreciate any driver who is prepared to look after my rear. Thanks for being courteous. :thumb:

I'd be curious to know what your setup was like, because my car was quite well planted (apart from the fast right/left where I had to be careful) and I wasn't having much trouble keeping it in line. I noticed that a lot of other people seemed to have the rear end slipping all over the place.

... I'd be EVEN more curios to know what your setup was like if it was planted everywhere - mine was pretty much stock Simbin one from Brands, and felt a bit like it was on marbles in most places!
You do know where the RD setup upload/download folders are don't you ...? :wink: :D

LOL. Actually I've just been part of the furniture (antique though :p ) since we founded, but I always appreciate any driver who is prepared to look after my rear. Thanks for being courteous. :thumb:

Besides ... its kinda your "fault" I am here - think you told me in RSC to try RD for good folks and clean online racing ... never had chance to thank you properly - so ... thanks Warren, you may feel antique, but yer priceless one round these parts :thumb:

• Steve Perryman

Just watched the replay of race 2, good to see I didn't stuff anyones car badly, just got the right rear onto the grass and was a passenger from there on. Called for a pitstop but no-one there, so just drove back out, amazingly car wasn't too bad even without front splitter.

Race 1 was better, with starting near the back to end up 7th.

A great choice of track by the way, I should have put more practise in beforehand.

See You's next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play