RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Great racing last night guys. Was thrilled to see the number of sign ups for this vs. us struggling to get 5 sign ups the past few Tuesdays. We will be running more of these for sure.

Quali: Got an ok lap in with a 1:16.9. I managed to go roughly a second faster, but chucked it in the last corner. lol Still was pleased with my fourth place on the grid, just a few hundreds behind Glenn.

Race1: The start of the race was really confusing for me with Glenn's mystery start. lol. I almost followed him, but managed to constrain myself. When the lights went out I got a bit loose off the line, but managed to straighten it out without incident. This however allowed William to sneak by. I retook him a few turns later. I tried to take it relatively easy the first lap, but still ran a little wide into the second chicane. I let off and kept it on the black stuff, but this was just enough for Claudio to get by. A few turns later I get an excellent run out of T1 and shoot past Claudio. I am a head by T2 and start building a lead over the pack. With the tires up to temperature I am able to push a bit harder now and keep the top three within sight. As the top three get tangled in the first chicane, I am now within striking distance. Dave and Yves are easy prey as they are struggling to bring their injured cars around for repairs. I pursue Eric and am closing slowly. Eric runs up onto some lapped traffic allowing me close right up onto him, but I spin it out of the chicane losing lots of time. For the remainder of the race I was on my own. I spun a second time allowing Eric to open up a gap of 15 seconds. Meanwhile I also opened up a hefty 50+ second gap over third and could just cruise home to take second.

Race2: Got a much better start from 7th, but got side swiped by William whom lost it off the line. This put me into the back of another car which sent me air born flying across track. Poor Yves was unable to avoid me and T-boned me hard sending me into the wall. I then took a minute to check if all my parts were still attached, which amazingly they were. However, my suspension wasn't to well off (45* left = straight). With the car just barely drivable, I let everyone past and followed Yves into the pits for repairs. I rejoined nearly a lap down and enjoyed keeping pace with Dave and Eric for a few laps. I had roughly 50 seconds to make up to 7th and was able to close the gap. I drove myself back up to 5th and got to within 5 seconds of Glenn in 4th, but ran out of laps. Finished fifth and tied with William for 3rd overall.

Really had a lot of fun last night. Thanks to all of you for showing! :)

Great race last night guys.

Quali: did not go well for me, I knew I was slow but looking at everyone esles times really showed me just how slow I was. I got on the grid second to last place. With Eric D. right in front of me.

Race 1: I got a pleasant surprise as there was a lot of spinning at the start which allow me to drive right pass a lot of the field getting me up to 4th or 5th. I tried to stay calm and running clean laps and I think this is what saved the race for me. I saw a lot of spinning and off tracks but to my surprise I did not make very many mistakes and managed to keep it on the track the entire race. I found my self in 3rd by about lap 6 which really got my heart pumping. But Rafael was behind me and he was on a mission. I was able to hold him off for awhile but it was clear that he was faster then me in 3/4ths of the track. I ended up falling to his pressure and ran wide allowing him to get pass me pretty easily. I was able to stay close to him and I couldn't help but to smile as I watched his pretty little car get sideways and gifting me back the spot. I was able to pull a 8 second gap on him, but like I said he was fast and on a mission. He walked that gap down in last few laps and had me sweating bullets. He made his last run at me on the last lap and was on my bumber, I had already told myself that 4ht place would be just a good. With just a had full of turns left he gets a better drive out of the corner them me and is 2 inches off my bumber, then 2 inches into my bumber as I get pushed off track. Being the good guy he is he gives me back the position and I bring it home in 3rd. Great pressure Rafael.

Race 2: My plan was to do the same thing as the first. I hit all my marks for launching, braking and gear changes. So when the lights turned green I took off and the same rmp as the first race. Only difference is that I had been sitting on the start line long then in the first race and the tires were colder. I lost control and got sideways hitting Stefan in the process. This sent me off the track and out of everyones way, but left Stefan sideways in the middle of the track with a big bulls eye on the side of his car for Yves to aim at. Really sorry about that guys, what made it even worse was I suffered no damage, ZERO. But not so much for them, once again really sorry. So there I was in last place and the rest of the field had made a big gap. I just figured I would run my laps and focus on finishing the race. As I put in clean laps I started closing in on people and soon started passing people on the side of the track. When it was all said and done I finished in 3rd place again. I could not believe it, these were the best results I've had in a long, long, long time. I love this mod, thanks for making it happen Stefan, sorry I took you out. And thanks Yves for helping me get the mod running correctly, sorry I cause you to go out as well. It's like they say give a noob a fast car and get out of his way, he will do the rest. Great race guys, anyone save the replay, I would love to watch them.

Fun race
Tried this cars at home only 2 time and my time is around low 1.51 but when I entered in server aaaaarrrgghhh Im always the last:rolleyes: so change something in my set low wing from 8 to 4 and I do 1.49... again in last position but Im happy.Im not an "ALIEN" so 1.45... bit hard for me(great time).

Race 1/2 I enjoyed very,pursuits, overtake,spin,I did all I needed to do and also what I do not:D.

PS.Im sorry for Adam Vaughan,sure next time I share my set on line but Im not the 1st of the classroom:D(see my qualification),if is possible want say another thing,
1°with this cars not many changes allowed ,
2° before any race I must try car and track at home so can try some set,
3° when I gone on server I saw the time(impossible for me) so only thing can (this time) I do is low wing.
4° believe that "set" is same "tailored suit" ,very personal.
5° run run run and again run:).
Mate Im not a teacher,I will not teach anyone anything,I wrote what I do not what you do :peace:

BIG THANKS to Hugo and RD for this event

C U on tracks GUYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back