RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

That last corner, which I have named the 'kink', because of the fact that it kinks my car as I drove through it took me a long time to get right. I go over that 'bump' with neutral throttle and the car hops about 3 feet to the right then corrects itself.

I can agree Glenn that there is a lot of throttle work here. For me a lot of FULL on and FULL off. The only place I am not all on of off is that 'kink'. I am ussually all the way on and hanging onto the rear end of the vette.

I also agree with Nelson that the concrete is where the traction is. Huge difference imo.

And yes all the cars I tested here were VERY twitchy, mostly from my right foot.

First corner doesnt scare me as after 50 million times of going into the corner I have found a line that works rather well and keeps the speed up. AND i dont end up running the rim!

Looks like this will be a race of attrition -- just staying on the track for 13 laps in practice is proving difficult. And there's no "touching" allowed of the tire barriers as the merest brush at low speeds it extremely damaging. Here's hoping the weather holds.

Gents,

In light of the track characteristics I have changed the Qualification session to

SUPERPOLE! the race will be challenging enough without additional pressure to run a clean lap for Quali. So at least you get to relax in one session tonight! LOL

I found that there is a lot of accelerator work on this track. It's not a track where you mash down on the gas, until you hit your brake point, go through turn, then mash on gas again. There is a lot of lifting off accelerator, just a bit, then back on, just a bit. That last curve is tricky. Off camber, maybe. Can't go through as fast as it seems.
Anybody else get a bit queasy heading into the first turn? I do.

you have summed it up beautifully! IT is a subtle work track if you want to be quick and uneventful. T2 is really scary until you get the brake and shift points down. until you put 6 cars in front of you.................LOL

we have 10 entries this week......might be a good thing too! he he he

T1 and T2 really don't scare me at all. Those were the easy ones. T3-4 is a lot harder to get right and requires good throttle control. T4 and T5 are cake, but then the super slow T6 can take you off guard, if you aren't paying attention. And of course their is the fatal super long T7 which takes you back onto the front straight. It has 3 small kinks in it of increasing radios. The first kink is full throttle. The second can be taken full throttle, if you get the line just right. Then it's down a gear and easy on the throttle for the final kink. I really hate this corner as their doesn't really seem to be a good flowing line through the last part. An off here often times ends fatally by the way. This race will almost certainly test your nerves - patience is the name of the game tonight.

was really a nice night.....learn the car in so few laps was really exciting thank you all again....

first i must apologised with Roman in race 1..... really sry i hit you, but you was lagging like hell......btw i cede my position in the end, because i finished last!!! :p....btw race 1 was nice with some fights, but in the end i did a bad error and hit a wall and got a puncture so the last position was well deserve......

Race 2 was going better, but i hit Freddie and so was forced to wait him, after that i had a nice and long fight with Simon he was more fast, but i was more b@st@rd and i always tried to close every doors.....but in the end i did an error and so he pass me.... in the last laps Uros did some errors and so i finished 14th..

again thank you all cu at the next event!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes